[Vol.2] Quest 164- The Final Battle, Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There
1.9k 4 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Dungeon's second floor.

"Cirrus!! Cirrus!!" shouted a crying Circe. "Dammit!! Dammit!! Not again!!" She began to treat Cirrus with several high-class potions.

His armor was gone and all that he had were the burnt clothes on his back and Gram. His body was just shy of the state he was in not too long ago.

"Come on, drink!!"

 

‘…World is so loud.’

‘Why can’t it be quiet…’

‘I’m so tired…’

Whoosh!

Whoosh!

His mind was filled with the sounds of the ocean.

"...Huh?" He looked around to find himself back on Circe's island. "Why am I—"

"Did you forget your promise?"

"Hm?"

Cirrus turned to see a figure shrouded in night; her topaz eyes cut through the darkness that shrouded and concealed her appearance and silhouette.

"Who... Who are you?" Cirrus' searched through his memory to figure out who they are. "Where is Hecton? "

"Do not worry about him." She shake their head. "Cirrus, you are at death's door, again. "

"What’s new?" He gave a light hearted smiled. "I’ve knocked on death's door plenty of times, but this is the first time I've met you. " He rose an eyebrow, still unsure who they are.

"Funny, I actually met you before."

"Hm?" The list of people of who she could be drastically pointed to one person. "What do—"

Yet before he could even ask to confirm she cuts him off.

"You need to wake up." She said with some urgency in her voice. "Your fate does not end here. "

"Fate? Are you—"

"Cirrus." She stepped forward, her topaz eyes shinnying even more brightly. "We will meet two more times, when next we meet your journey will be near it's completion. But you need to get up." They point off into the sea.

Cirrus looks to see a tar-like substance slowly covering the sea.

"What is that?"

"That is death or your view on it. Rather interesting, most would see it as a reaper. "

Shimmer!!

Cirrus could see a green light emitting from the sea fending off the tar. He looks up to find a twilight hawk dropping bottles into the sea.

"That light… I feel better now. " A warmth covered Cirrus, his body was slowly feeling better.

"Circe is pouring potion after potion on you. You should be able to fight again soon. "

"You… what is your name?" he was sure they are the one who gave him a second life, the one who reincarnated him.

She turns away and the night comes to the island as quickly as the waves come to shore. A white owl flies overhead like a shooting star.

"I’m sure you know who I am."

"You… Are you the one who gave me a second life... right? You are—"

The darkness parted from her face, showing a smile. She won't let him know just yet.

"Keep walking down the path towards Elysium. The future may hold RiftsFissures, and even the Primordials but I know full well you can handle it. I hope you will still remember that from this crossroads of fate. Hopefully, I wish our proper meeting to be special so sorry in advance for keeping my identity a secret a bit longer." They rose their hand covered in night.

"Wait what—"

And with a snap of their fingers.

Snap!

This dream ended.

 

Cirrus opens his eyes again to find Circe crying over him. His body healed but his fatigue still lingered.

"Cir... ce?"

"Cirrus!! Your awake!!"

"Yeah…I almost died. " He said softly. "My head… Mmm… Elysium?" He tried to remember what happened in his mind, but it was like Hera’s conch, it’s on the tip of the tongue but slips away every time. "Hmm... damn."

Cirrus tried to sit up.

"Let me help!"

Circe helps him sit right back up.

"…How is the battle?"

"Ai, Nox, Ais, Gareth, and Riveria are fighting the Black Dragon. Your Familia has been fighting Alfia but some more Evilus members came in, like that Faceless guy. They mentioned the dragon's name as Delphyne, from what Nox said.

"Ah…"

Cirrus grabs Gram and uses it to pick himself up.

"Cirrus you can’t move!! Your practically-"

"I know."

"Eh?"

"I can feel it in my bones, my veins, my cells all the way down the molecule…this body wishes to rest…but I won’t allow it…my body has the privilege of breathing, to taste the air… but it is no longer who I fight for. "

His charms and Occulus fell out.

"But why I fight for." He picks up the charms and the Occulus and tries to tie them together. "Circe if you would?"

She gets the necklace and charm, ties them together, and puts them on for him.

"Thank you…" Cirrus walks to the hole he was blasted through and takes one more deep breath.

"The gates of hell…I’ve opened and walked through you before; I am not afraid. "

"Cirrus!!" shouted Circe. "You are in no condition to keep fighting! At least take more potions!! "

"…Circe."

From his shadow, Cirrus pops out several potions and drinks them all.

"Glug!! Glug!! Glug!! Glug!!" He drank several million Valis worth of potions down like a white girl at a college frat party. "Ahh~" he lets out a sigh of relief as he sheaths Gram as he then pops out his guitar and strums it. "How about a good song into battle?"

"I say you should worry more than music!"

Cirrus smirks as he jumps off.

"♪ You worry too much.

You make yourself sad ♪!"

"♪ You can't change fate.

But don't feel so bad.

Enjoy it while you can.

It's just like the weather.

So quit complaining, sister...

No one lives forever! ♪"

"You dam fool!" she said with tears in her eyes and a smile as she went after her foolhardy contractor.

She began to absorb magic from the air, and a red tinge covered Cirrus as they both freefall.

 

A minute or two later, back on the 18th floor the battle was still raging, but a tune soon began to flow through the floor.

"This song…Cirrus!" shouted Ai.

Everyone, even the dragon, was interested in the song as it grew louder and clearer with each passing second when a pink-blue hawk and a red-tinged man playing the guitar fell from the hole.

"♪ Let's have a party

There's a full moon in the sky

It's the hour of the wolf

And I don't want to die♪

♪I'm so happy dancin', while the grim reaper...

Cuts, cuts, cuts

But he can't get me

(I'm as) clever as can be, and I'm very quick, but don't forget:

We've only got so many tricks

No one lives forever! ♪ HEY, YOU FUCKING 4-WINGED FUCKER!!! DID YOU FUCKING MISS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He tossed his guitar away and drew Gram.

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The dragon immediately targeted Cirrus, firing off several quick shots.

"Cirrus!!" shouted Ai.

"(Exousía, Adorn: Chimera)!!!!!!!! (Sword of Damocles, sing your vespers.) [Dia Dikastí̱s]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Like a flash of thunder striking Cirrus, disappeared.

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

Flying high up in the air with the force of lightning around him, it was as if he had truly become the living embodiment of lightning itself.

Crack!

Crack!

Crack!

Cirrus landed on the back where its wings were.

" GRAM FULL RELEASE!!! (Swords of Damocles)!!!"

Swish!!!

Spuuuuuuuuuuuuuurt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spuuurt!!!

With a single swing, he sliced a pair of the dragon's wings off, causing it to fall back to the ground, at the cost of his arms bursting from the force of his own attack.

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"S-such power…" said the members of Evilus.

"…It seems you dying was too much to ask…Astraea your child is a real monster. "

As Erebus turned around, arrows flew, killing his guards. Walking up to him with adventures by her side was Astraea.

"He is my Little Lone Star." "She said with a smile. "Always shining no matter what, like the north star."

"Hmm….so have you come all this way here just to judge me? the absolute malevolence? "

"No. I won’t do that. If you were harmed here in the dungeon, you will not be able to be sent to heaven. You’ll be sucked into the dungeon instead. I’m simply here to see and witness the end of this fate together. As a goddess of justice, I must do that. "

64