[Vol.2] Quest 170- Georgos & Bell
2.1k 13 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

North of Orario.

"Man I wish I could take my time and enjoy the countryside, but I don’t want to risk any more time. The sun is already setting and if Artemis is on my ass I need to really move."

‘Lucky for us that this Georgos is such a player. It would have taken us a few days to find him out here.’

"Yup, the lady from 3 farms down was a time saver."

'She was very pretty, I couldn't blame Georgos she had some pretty big assets.'

"...I am not gonna say anything I know full well your gonna use it as ammo against me."

'No I wouldn't-yes in a heartbeat I would. Oh speaking of pretty look at the cute kid coming up the road.'

Coming down the road was a white-haired child running down it.

He runs a bit too fast and falls flat on his face.

They could see the kid starting to cry.

"Hic! Hic!"

Cirrus walks right up to the kid with red eyes.

"Hey, kid," Cirrus said, looking down at him. "It’s okay to trip and fall so long as you get back up." He bent down and extended his hand.

"Hic! Hic! T-thank you!"

‘Guh! He’s so cute! He reminds me so much of you when you were this age!!’

"Where are your parents, kid? I’ll take you to them. "

"Um…I live with my grandfather up the road, I was just coming to find him in town!"

"…Well…" Cirrus looks out to the rural village deep within the mountains. "It’s dangerous for you to be out here on your own so late. There are monsters roaming around."

"But aren’t they goblins?"

"Even goblins can be dangerous, kid. Come." Cirrus lifts him on his shoulders.

"Whoa!"

"How do you like the view?"

"I can see everything!" He said, with an amazed look. "Is this your owl?"

"Sure is, Nox, why don’t you come and comfort the kid?"

Nox flaps down on Cirrus’s head, and the kid begins to pet her.

"Whoa! Your owl is so fluffy and soft!"

"Thanks, her name is Nox. Make sure you pet her gently and softly. Do it too rough and she’ll peck at you."

"H-how would I know if it’s rough?"

"She’ll let you know."

Walking through the rural countryside, Cirrus could feel the serenity of the place; it soothes one's soul as one walks through it.

 

They walked up the road to the boys home and by the time they made it, the sun had set.

"Is this the place?"

"Yup!"

Cirrus kneels down, and the white-haired kid gets off.

"Do you wanna come in?"

"Um…I was actually looking for someone. "

"Maybe I can help!"

"Uh, sure kid, his name is Georgos."

"Oh, that’s my grandpa!"

"…Is that so." Cirrus made a slight smile. "Well, I’ll just wait here for him to come back."

"Could we play a game!"

"Um…this late at night?"

"Oh…" He realized his mistake.

"Why not play with Nox? Is that fine with you, Nox? "

‘I’m fine with it.’ she nods her head.

"Look see, she’s fine with-"

"Bell!!!"

Cirrus turned to see an old man with some supplies running up the road.

"Grandpa!" Bell runs past Cirrus and into his grandfather’s arms.

The grandfather looked at Cirrus while hugging his grandson.

"Bell, do you mind telling me who this fine man is?"

Cirrus could see his eyes make a quick glance at Nox before they turned back to Cirrus.

"Allow me since I haven’t introduced myself." Cirrus made a slight bow. "My name is Cirrus Zephyr, and I am looking for you, Georgos."

Cirrus could see the slight flinching of his brow.

"That’s my name," he said, standing up. "What can I do for you?" He gave a big, wide, charming smile.

"I am delivering something to-"

"Do you wanna come in!" Bell said interjecting. "You must have traveled a lot to get here!"

'Ahhh!! Dammit Bell!! Why are you so dam nice and precious!!'

"W-well come in then!"

He invites Cirrus into both his and Bell’s home.

"Come in! Come in!" said Georgos, turning the lights on with sweat dripping down his face.

Cirrus enters the home and finds it rather quaint. Georgos pulled a chair for him to sit on.

‘This kid…he’s an adventurer, I’ve seen that owl, a spirit…and it’s Nyx’s spirit!!!’

He got a glass of water and sat down in front of Cirrus while Bell was playing with Nox. His hands were shaking.

"So Cirrus was it? What brings you here?"

Cirrus reaches into his coat and brings out a green brooch and places it on the table.

"…This brooch…" he said with a saddened expression.

"Do you mind if we talk outside?"

"…Bell stayed here a moment."

"Okay!"

 

They both get up and talk a bit away from the home.

"If you have this brooch, then that means she’s gone… how did she go?"

"Fighting till the end and self-cremation, Zald was taken down by Ottar."

"I see…so the last of the Zeus Familia is gone."

Georgos looks a bit down.

"Hmm…so…are you Zeus?"

"W-what!?" he said, greatly shocked.

"I mean, you know who Zald is and that he was in the Zeus Familia, so are you Zeus?"

"D-do I look like I am a god to you!"

"You don’t have a divinity, but like Hera, you too can hide your divinity to be a normal person."

"H-Hera can hide her divinity now!?" He said greatly terrified. "…Aw shit!" He gave himself up.

"Hello Zeus, you really do need to work on your acting."

"Grr…sharp kid! So are you just here to give me the brooch?"

"No, that is for Bell, a last gift from his aunt. I promised her I would give it to him."

"I see…well…thank you for coming all this way here, but I think you should hold onto it. For now, he’s too young to take proper care of it."

"Mmm…very well I’ll give it to him when he is ready." He puts it away in his shadow. "Well, I guess my business here is done. I won’t tell Hera about this, as that was also part of Alfia’s request. So if you don’t want to get caught, don’t try to hit on women all the time. The last thing Alfia wants is for her nephew to be well…you."

"Very well and thank you, I guess. But say…why…why do you look so familiar?"

"My mother was Nephele Kutaisi, Hera’s captain."

"!?" Zeus took a few steps back in shock. "Y-y-your that tyrants child!! Who would even have sex-"

"Alright, I'm going to tell Hera." Cirrus quickly turned to go back.

"I’m sorry!!" He said, grabbing Cirrus’s shoulders. "Don’t tell her! Please!!" Fear and terror could be seen in his eyes, as well as his desperation.

"Haaa…your lucky it was Alfia’s request, Zeus. I’ll be going now; I left my partner with Hera, so uh, I'd rather get going. "

"Well um, it’s the dead of night, so why not stay here?"

"…You know Hera, and I don’t want to leave my girl with her."

"I know but…could you spare a day for Bell? We don’t get many visitors, especially young lads such as yourself."

Cirrus looks through the window to see Bell playing with Nox.

‘…Fuck.’

"…Fine. I’ll stay, but after that, I will be leaving immediately."

"Great! I’ll get dinner started!" Zeus said, "Oh, can I ask you one thing?"

"Sure but it depends on the question and if you ask something pervy, I am going to bury you neck-deep in the ground."

"Nothing of the sort! I just um…" He looked a bit nervous with some shame. "H-how is Hera doing?"

"…Well she’s doing pretty well aside from the copious number of wine bottles."

Zeus’s eyes slightly widen.

"I…I see…"

‘You're still grieving even till this day…’

He made a complicated face that he sucked back in, and a smiling expression appeared in its place.

"I see. Let's go in then!" Zeus takes his leave, entering his home.

‘…So that’s Zeus huh? lot more…emotive? Hmm…he is still Zeus. ’

Walking back into the house, Bell runs up to him.

"Are you really staying the night!"

"I am."

"Do you have any stories! Grandpa said you are an adventurer!"

"Um…I am but, uh, I’m taking a break from it."

"Really? Is it tiring?"

Cirrus goes in and takes a seat.

"Well a bit, but you see, the city of Orario was going through a…hard time and, well, it was exhausting, so I’m just traveling around for now."

"Have you traveled much?"

"I have, I have been to Shalzard, a country of sand, and Israfan, a country found north of Shalzard."

"Wow! What is it like there!"

Bell looked at Cirrus with the boundless curiosity only a child would have.

"Well, it was hot for one. You always want to make sure you have water on hand in desert environments. Actually, that’s where I found her." Nox flaps and lands on Cirrus’s forearm.

Zeus gulps as he gets dinner ready.

"Wow! Is there more like her?"

"Well, sadly, Nox here is of a rare breed, so possibly no, but there are other species that look similar to her."

"Whoa…Where else have you gone!"

"I went to Telskyura, the country and holy land of the Amazoness."

"Amazoness? Grandpa mentioned them before?"

Cirrus gives a glance at Zeus.

"Well, they are a rather special race." Cirrus returned his gaze back to Bell, who was drinking every word he said. "You see, they are the only female race."

"So there are no boys?"

"Yup and because of it, they are the only other race besides humans who can have a child from any of the other races."

"But…are there really no boys?"

"Nope, when an Amazoness is with a child, they will always be female regardless of race, no matter what."

"That’s amazing!"

"It is…but if you ever go to be an adventurer, I suggest you be very wary of them."

"Hm? Why?"

"…If we meet again when you're older, I’ll tell you okay." He said, rubbing his hair.

Bell would continue to ask Cirrus questions, and he would answer them back as best he could until dinner was ready, and then they went to bed.

 

Sitting out on the porch, Cirrus looks at the crescent moon.

"Can’t sleep?" said Zeus, coming out and sitting on a rocking chair.

"Eh…I just wanted to take in the country air."

"Glad you like the place! I came across this place by accident on our way to kill the Behemoth."

"Hmm…must have been a fight."

"Yeah…well, that’s all in the past now. All my children are gone now with Zald."

"I heard Hera still has her vice-captain, but she’s somewhere out on the frontier looking for the perfect white?"

"Ah, Malion…she was a quiet, polite elf. Big boo-"

"So are you going to tell Nox or am I?" Cirrus cuts him off.

A brief silence filled the rural country night.

"…I’ll do it. I’ll grit my teeth and accept my punishment for what I did."

"How mature of you, (Nox)."

Emerging from his magic circle, Nox appeared in her human form.

"Yo Zeus! Get ready to grit those teeth, bitch!!" She came swinging with a massive smile on her face.

"Shit."

Thud!!!

 

I forgot last time but for the battle with Evilus and including the story I had originally planned out with the whole end results of the battle would have drastically change the direction I took the story in. But I changed my mind before I even reached that point where I would have implemented it as I was writing up to it. So now it's a alternative story. If you guys wanna read it I would put it up in as a separate story like with the side story I made. When I will release will probably be when two characters are introduced a bit later in the story. Or maybe when the volume ends and I sorta use it as a filler before the next volume comes out?

I don't know what do you guys think?

69