Quest 1- Sky’s Falna
22.2k 26 280
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven years later.

Clatter!! Clatter!!

Clatter!! Clatter!!

Clatter!! Clatter!!

‘There seems to be a lot of noise outside…'

He closes the book and walks to the window to look out and sees several people on their knees crying. In the corner of his sight, he could see someone committing a crime.

"… Fels, are you there?"

From the shadows, a hooded figure came out, removing its hood and revealing a skeleton.

Despite having no flesh, it didn't bother their adopted son.

"I am here, Cirrus." They said they were standing looking at a 7-year-old child with brown hair that covers his emerald eyes in a room littered with various books, all fitted together like Tetris blocks.

He had a feminine beauty to him, a problem when the city is filled with crime at every street corner. He had grown out of his hair to hide it for both safety and personal reasons.

"What happened? This is the first time I've seen so many people so devastated?" said Cirrus.

"That is because the Guild had announced that the Zeus and Hera Familia have failed to defeat the One-Eyed Black Dragon, resulting in their strongest having died… they will most likely be replaced."

"It appears that Loki and Freya Familia will make their move and take their place," Cirrus lamented.

Cirrus then goes and sits back down to read his book.

"Sadly, yes…" Fels, despite not having a face, looked hesitant to say something, but they mustered what little courage they had to tell him. "I wished to tell you this earlier bu--"

"You are my parent, Fels. Nothing will change that fact."

"!" Fels was taken aback by this.

"You have raised me for all of my life… you clothed me and fed me, gave me knowledge and lessons… I may not see my birth mother, but… I have you."

Cirrus had plenty of time to figure out who his mother was over seven years. After all, he saw her every time he looked in the mirror.

He had inherited his mother's face, a major problem considering she died while fighting the Black Dragon.

"... You are always a smart one… if I still had my flesh, I would cry rivers…"

'I felt bad I won't be able to speak with my mom's Familia but... I guess that is how brutal Freya and Loki had to be to take over the power vacuum Hera and Zeus left. Maybe it's finally time to make my way through the world. I can't keep staying cooped up inside reading books.'

Cirrus closed his book and looked at Fels and spoke with firmness.

"Fels… I wish to be an adventurer. "

"… Is that what you truly wish? You can easily make a living working as a guild employee and live a fulfilling life?"

"A fulfilling life is subjective to the person, is it not Fels? I seek to find my 'fulfilling life', whether it be in the dungeon or even out in the world on my terms."

"I see… Then follow me. It is too soon to reveal your face and origins to a Familia, so I have someone in mind."

He followed Fels downstairs, where Lenoa was brewing her cauldron.

She was an old friend of Fels who runs a magic shop tucked away in the streets of the city. She wore stereotypical witch's attire.

"Going out Fels-sama?"

"I am. He is of age and he wishes to be an adventurer. "

"Kehehehe!! Is that so? When you become rich, make sure you come by and buy some of my stuff!!"

"Aunty Len, you know I will still live with you, right?"

"Kehehehe! One can never be too certain! Kids these days grow up too fast. "

Leaving the shop, they moved through the shadows, as many were distraught by the dreadful failure of two of Orario’s strongest Familia.

With the news, it made it easier to enter the Guild through a secret passage. At the end of the long passage of tunnels, Fels turned to him.

"Are you ready to meet the founder, Cirrus?"

"I’m as ready as anyone could be."

They placed their hands on the wall. The whole corridor glowed, and the wall opened. Fels walked through first, and Cirrus walked behind them.

"!!"

Cirrus felt as though he had stepped into another world as he looked up to meet Ouranos’s azure eyes. Being one of the very first gods to descend on Gekai to aid humanity in its fight against the monsters. Eventually, he would take up the role of administrator to watch over the world and its gods from his solitary throne beneath the Guild he established, keeping at bay the monsters from escaping the Dungeon.

"He has grown up well, Fels, but why did you bring him here?" On his throne, he said.

Fels knelt, as did Cirrus, imitating Fels.

"I brought him here so he could help us." He wishes to be an adventurer. "

"And you wish for me to grant him my Falna? You know, in the many centuries of service, I do not grant that Fels. If he wishes for power, then he can--"

Cirrus spoke up, cutting Fels off with a very clear and confident tone of voice.

"Lord Ouranos. I apologize for interrupting you, but I do not seek political power. From what I read, it is utterly meaningless for a human such as I with a short lifespan to wield. I also do not wish for the power to govern. What I want is the power that will allow me to live a life I can say is full and hopefully does not affect others negatively. There will be foes that will try to overthrow this hierarchy now that Zeus and Hera no longer have the power to keep themselves on top. In the coming times, you will need as much help as you can. Fels may be powerful in their own right, but in the power vacuum that is to come soon, this will be a turbulent time filled with powerful people. "

"…" he sat quietly looking down at Cirrus with his azure eyes before blinking. "You speak the truth, Cirrus; your intelligence surpasses your age."

"Then Lord Ouranos…" Fels looked up at him.

"Yes, for the time ahead of this city, it will be embroiled in dark times. Come Cirrus Zephyr, may your strength aid us in keeping any form of peace."

Cirrus walks up to Ouranos, and his figure was far larger up close.

"Turn your back, kneel, and show me your bareback."

Cirrus does just that and he feels a warm droplet fall on his back before Ouranos ran his finger across his back and then he felt his body get stronger.

"It is done, Fels."

Fels quickly gave him a piece of paper, and he placed it on Cirrus’s back before giving it to him right after.

"So… this is my status, huh?"

Cirrus looked carefully at the paper and was generally surprised by what was on the piece of paper.


Cirrus Zephyr

Lv. 1

Strength: I0     Endurance: I0

Dexterity: I0    Agility: I0

Magic: I0

<Magic>

[Dia Chrysomallos] (Exousía, Adorn).

  • Super Short Chant.
  • Enchant Type.

<Skills>

[Anthos Adonis]

  • Increases speed of Growth.
  • When on the border of Life and Death, all parameters will drastically increase.

"These seem rather… powerful?" He says as he carefully reads it all through.

"Indeed, particularly that skill of yours… a skill that increases one's growth." Said Ouranos with his stoic expression.

"May I see?" Fels said.

"Sure." Cirrus hands Fels the paper.

Fels reads the paper as he puts his shirt back on. If they had a face Cirrus was sure it would be one of shock.

"… It would seem your heritage has given you a blessing, Cirrus," Fels said as they burns the paper.

"Then my parents had these?"

"I do not know, but given that magic is divided into two types, Congenital and Acquired Magic."

"Then my magic is because of my ability?"

"Yes, seeing as your mother is…" Fels stopped before changing the subject. "Cirrus, let us see what your magic does tomorrow. You have remembered the chant, correct?"

"I did."

"Then let us go."

Fels and Cirrus gave a respectful bow to Ouranos before leaving, using the secret tunnels.

His name Cirrus was given to him by Fels when they told Ouranos what they had done. Ouranos gave him the last name Zephyr from where Fels had found him in the west section of the city.

280