[Vol.2] Quest 179- Inspection
1.7k 5 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since they had time to kill, Cirrus, Ai, and Nox went around the city exploring and enjoying themselves.

"These street foods are pretty good!" said Ai.

‘Very!!’ said Nox.

‘…Were lucky Ai and me have immunity but not Nox? Does she even have anything against poisons or something? Oh well, she's never gotten sick before, so it should be fine. I mean, this street food is delicious!

They went around for a bit before they all started to get tired.

"Shit we should have found a room first." said Cirrus.

"How about that place?" asked Ai, pointing at a fancy building.

"Good thing I saved up all my Valis’."

They get an expensive room and stay in a luxurious room for the night, getting a nice view of the city.

 

The following morning,

"Is everything ready?" asked Ai.

"Yup! Get on and we can set sail!" said William.

They got on board, and sure enough, they set sail.

Woosh!

Woosh!

Woosh!

"You seem to have good sea legs." Said William, coming next to Cirrus.

"Not the first time I went out to sea, I have sailed with Lord Poseidon after all."

"Figures! By the way, I looked into it a bit, and umm…" He leaned in. "Are you really level 8??"

"I am, does that make you feel safer?"

He smiles broadly.

"Of course! Easiest money I ever made! I’ll let you know if trouble comes up!"

Williams leaves and Ai, with Nox on her shoulders, comes by.

"So what were you talking about?"

"Just chatting, and you? How are you faring?"

"Good…a bit nervous though."

She’s been queasy for a while now since returning home or…’

"Is Nox talking about me being queasy? I took the pills Circe gave me, so it’s not that."

‘Can she tap into our conversation!? Is this what they call a women’s intuition!?’

"Must be the food we ate yesterday or possibly a combination of the food and nervousness."

"Hmmmaybe. Don’t you have an antidote or something?"

"Well I never made anything for nervousness, but I can lend you my armor to help with it?"

"No…I can stomach it for now, but I don’t know what-"

"Ship ahead!! It’s an inspection ship headed by the vice-captain of the Bishamonten Familia!"

"Ah, fuck"

They went up to the front of the ship and looked to see an eastern-looking ship modified for travel by wind or people. On the front of the ship, one could see a white-haired Renard draped in traditional samurai armor with a red and black color scheme to it.

"Sothat’s your older sister, huh?"

"Yeah." She said a bit nervously.

The ships got closer, and they eventually boarded William’s ship.

"Captain Williams," said Aki. "What brings you back to the great nation of Yamato?"

"Merely transport, nothing else, and maybe some high-quality goods from some rich clients."

"Hmm…and who are you transporting?"

"Those two over there."

Aki looks over to see Ai and Cirrus with Nox on Ai’s shoulder.

"Ai?" she said, walking over to her. "You are Shirakusa Ai, right? I had thought you had died in Orario given that Lord Susanoo nor Lady Kushida mentioned you?"

"I’m alive and well, Aki. You don't sound worried about me possibly dying."

"Well I knew you were alive. I mean all of Lord Susanoo's children are tough."

"That's cool so um can we go now?"

"Why the rush? I would like to catch up with my estranged little sister! And besides, who is this handsome human next to you?" She looked at Cirrus up and down.

"He’s my boyfriend."

"I see, I seewhat?" Her eyes widen a bit.

"I said he’s my boyfriend. You know, a lover? Do you know the-"

"I-I know!!" she said, a bit flustered. "I’m justshocked you would found someone…" she then muttered something to herself but Ai heard something about not having a boyfriend or something.

"Oh? Are you still single?" Ai began to make a smug grin.

Aki took a step back.

"N-no!! I am dedicated to my career!! A-anyway, this inspection is done! You can go now!!" She quickly took off and they returned to sailing again.

"Myshe shares your blushing face." said Cirrus grinning at Ai.

"What!? You take that back you liar!! He’s not right, is he!" She looked at the crew and they all nodded. "Ah dammit!!" She then looked back to Cirrus. "Then do you find her attractive! If we have the same blush then-"

"I'm not gonna answer-maybe." He said making a even more smug grin.

"Grr!! I know your teasing me!"

"Don’t worry I won't stop with the teasing Ahem! She has a very cute blush. Right guys!"

"Hm! Hm!" They all nodded.

"Hmmm…." She said puffing her cheeks in embarrassment.

Boom!

Boom!

Cannon fire could be heard from the direction Aki was in. They looked to see some pirate ships coming.

"Lucky us there after your sister’s ship." Said Williams. "The poor fools, they don’t know she’s a level 3."

"Hmmyou have a cannonball right?" said Cirrus.

"Um yeah? why?"

"Well as I said, I was going to deal with any pirates. Besides, it’ll be nice to have her in our pockets, wouldn’t you say, Ai?"

"Oooh! I see!"

 

Back on board Aki’s ship.

"Dammit! These pirates!!" said Aki.

"At least Adam’s ship left already!" said one of the crew.

"Your sister seems really nice at least?" said another.

"Yeah, you kept talking about how you wanted to meet her!"

"And you never get the chance due to your work!"

"Shut up! Shut up! All men, prepare for battle!!!" she shouted.

"Uraaaa-"

Boom!!!

They saw the pirate ship get struck by a cannonball, and the pirates started to panic until another came and the ship started to sink.

"…Um did we get reinforcements?" asked a crew member.

"Wedon’t have reinforcements." They looked at where it came from and saw Cirrus up on top of the ship with Ai throwing him cannon balls.

"…Say wasn’t your sister a level 5 from the last bit of information?"

"Yeah" said Aki.

"Does that meanher boyfriend is stronger than her?"

"….Ah."

 

So the 4th season of Danmachi came out. Was Hestia always that stacked or did the studio give them a bit more bountiful?

62