[Vol.2] Quest 199- Next Phase Of Life
2.3k 23 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A year later

‘I have walked this earth for many years, I have tasted and experienced many things.’

"Lord Hermes, have you heard that Lord Ouranos and several other gods helped push back the monsters!"

‘I have seen death far more often than I would have liked.’

"L-lord Hermes…I’m…sorry…"

‘Seen life that brings a smile to my face.’

"Isn’t she beautifulI think I'll name herLydia…"

‘Gekai is everything we gods ever wanted; an endless world that would give us a new experience that heaven just couldn’t give us. Pain, love, hate, kindness, greed, charity, so many possibilities... and yet I find this moment.’

Walking down the hall of his wedding was Cirrus, draped in his god's colors, with all the colors of the sky inside of his cloak. The outside was so black it was drinking the very light itself with stars on it. His suit could be said to be overdressed even by royalty, given how sharp he looked. His hair is as clean as fresh earth and his eyes as green as the most polished of gems.

Following behind him was Nox, wearing a black suit so elegantly made that she easily stole the hearts of men and women alike. Her hair was kept up in a ponytail with her locks brushed behind her ears.

He looks so mature… The first time I saw him, he was kneeling before Ouranos, just a 7-year-old kid. To think that kid would end up here.

In the wedding hall were several gods gathered, many from outside Yamato, like Al-Kutba, the strongest Familia in the Kaios Desert region. Lugh, the head god of Solingen, and even Amaterasu were there to see the ones who brought untold prosperity to their nation and people.

Up on a good angle, several magic stones glinted.

 

Orario.

"Ohh! Cirrus looks so handsome!" said Circe.

"Yes, he looks so grown up! Ki-hihihi!! It reminds me of when he was still a child and I had to change him."

"Aw come on, Lenoa!"

 

Hostess of Fertility.

"You certainly look sharp as ever, Cirrus." Said Ryuu, looking at the wedding from her room. "…I’m sure Kaguya would be doing everything she could to ruin it."

 

Room of Prayer.

"He is even dressed in your colors, Lord Ouranos." said Fels.

A smile stretches across his face.

"And he even has you with him."

Fels looked to find the Magic Eaters he gave him during the climactic fight with Evilus.

"I’m shocked he somehow made it blend into his attire."

"I can see Aphrodite in the crowd. She may be a lot of trouble, but she does have an eye for clothing."

‘Lord Ouranos must be in a good mood to complement another god.’

 

Hephaestus’s workshop.

"To think he would grow up to be such a lady killer," said Eupheme. "I am very proud that he is happy."

"Yes. It is always a wondrous day when the child you saw so young grows old enough to have their wedding." Hephaestus said as she noticed Aphrodite in the crowd. "I can admit she has a good sense of style, but to see her thereI’ll have to ask Cirrus about this should a business trip occur over in Yamato."

"It is a bit disheartening to know that he isn’t informed of his Familia’s fate." Eupheme said a bit saddened.

"I understand, but the Guild and even the Loki and Freya Familia asked the city and its people to keep this to the city. If the Gale could do as much damage as she did, imagine what Cirrus would do. We all saw what he did to that street."

"I know, but it leaves a bad taste… Oh speaking of bad taste, is Welf still not making magic swords?"

"Nope, the kid is stubborn as hell."

 

69FU9VN.pngThey waited for a bit before the ceremony truly started, pleasant and smooth music began to play, and the two brides enter.

Ai was wearing an uchikake, and her appearance was almost on par with Nox’s with some small amounts of gold accessories here and there. With her white makeup emphasized by her bright red lips, she looked like an innocent snowflake stained red.

Artemis, however, was dressed in a loose, elegantly draped white gown that reached the floor. Her dress wasn't a spectacle like Ai's, but their was beauty in the simplicity of her dress that only Artemis would pick and work for her. It made it her bright red lips all the more eye drawing than Ai, she was almost unrecognizable.

Both were being led down by Akeru, Ai’s father.

 

Melen.

"With how she’s dressed so beautifully, it's hard to believe that’s Artemis." said Hera.

"Hahaha!! To think a human would be the one to capture one of heaven's most famed virgin goddesses!!" laughed Poseidon.

"They are both rather beautiful; I am proud of my student." said Lance.

"Say don’t you have a kid you should be taking care of?" said Poseidon.

"Gal is already 7 years old. She is probably in Orario in the dungeon. You know how Amazoness are."

"Hm… Say Hera, you aren’t mad he didn’t invite you?"

"No, I understand why he didn’t. I wouldn’t invite myself either. But I would like to visit one day."

"…Hm you really have changed huh Hera?"

"So? Who says a god can’t change? We are literally looking at thee virgin goddess, who always comes to mind first getting married."

"Ba-hahaha!! I guess that is true!!"

 

Somewhere outside of Orario.

"…You look beautiful, my little star." Astraea said, watching from a magic tool Asfi made for her to watch. "And you as well Ai, Artemis. I wish they were here to see this."

 

As the two walked down the alter, Hermes could see Cirrus was getting nervous.

"What’s wrong? Getting nervous about marrying two beauties?" he whispered over, nudging him a bit.

"Of course, he is," whispered Nox. "Do you know any man or god who wouldn’t be nervous?"

"…That’s fair, but hey, just look forward to the wedding night!" Hermes said with a grin.

"You’re lucky. You're one of the few male friends I have." said Cirrus.

"That is a bit sad, to be honest," said Ibic. "I’m literally your only male friend within your age group."

"It’s a real shame I’m ushering the wedding." said Susanoo.

"You are not his age, Susanoo!" Hermes said to him.

"I am at heart! Anyway, get in position."

Cirrus walks to the center, and Ai and Artemis let go of Akeru. Cirrus holds out his hand and Artemis takes his left while Ai takes his right.

As they took his hand and turned to face Susanoo, they stood side by side. The smell of fresh water and cypress came from Artemis, and the smell of hibiscus and lavender from Ai soothed Cirrus’s nerves as they wrapped their arms around him.

Cirrus standing in the middle has now grown significantly since last time, from 5’7" at age 15, now standing at 6’0" (183 cm) at 18. The second tallest was Ai at 5’6" (168 cm), not counting her ears, which would put her at 5’9" (175 cm) and then Artemis at 5’5" (164 cm).

Cirrus could feel their arms slightly shaking.

Make sure they are calm.

He closes his eyes for a second and breathes out. His arms get more steady, which the two notice, and he gives them a gentle smile, to which they give one back.

Susanoo began his speech, and three of them listened on, as did all the guests.

"Now may the bride's and groom say their vows!"

The night before the wedding, Cirrus had already given his true vows to Artemis and Ai. He made it so personal that he felt comfortable for them to hear it, as did they. They were words meant only for their beloved partners that would never reach the ears of others.

After giving a rather generic vow, it was the final part of the wedding.

Susanoo asked if anyone had a reason why they shouldn’t get married, and no one did.

"You may bring the rings."

From the left, Nox brings in Ai and Cirrus’s rings, and from the right, Rethusa brings in Artemis and Cirrus’s rings.

He puts them on their left ring finger and they put him on both of his ring fingers respectively.

"Thenyou may kiss your bride's!"

The two look up at Cirrus and close their eyes. Cirrus first kisses Artemis, as she would be his first wife, and then Ai, as per the 'punishment.'

"I now pronounce you husband and wives!"

To the three, it felt like a feverish dream. They didn’t think it was real as they went through the procession and all the way back home.

 

Cirrus, Ai, and now Artemis’s home.

"Haaa…. Fuck that was exhausting." Cirrus said flopping to the bed.

"Haaaa… Art, Cirrus, can you help untie me?" Ai said sitting down and sweating.

"I got you," Artemis said as she carefully untied Ai. "I am rather surprised by the amount of wrapping this uchikake has."

"I was surprised too when mom and Aki began to stack more and more."

"Hm, this feels like a dream." Artemis said.

"Fuu" Ai, let out a sigh of relief as her attire was finally undone. "I know what you mean; my heart was pounding the whole way through."

"Yes, it wasn’t until this one steadied his arms that I began to calm my nerves."

Artemis looked at Cirrus, who was slowly getting back up.

"Well, I was nervous as well, but." Cirrus stood up and walked towards them, losing his attire a bit. "If not for your two enchanting scents and your adorable shaking, I wouldn’t have calmed myself." He then gently touched their hairs; the locks of light blue smelled of cypress, and the locks of white had the smell of hibiscus. "Even now they are still enchanting."

They both blush, and they both look at each other.

"Yeah well–"

Ai then pushed him onto the bed as both she and Artemis got in.

"You also have a charming scent, Cirrus. Not too strong, yet surprisingly faint, the smell of early spring." So said Artemis as she took off the ornaments in her hair.

"Hm! Since you brought us comfort, it’s now our turn to make this wedding night special." Ai said, removing her clothes.

"Then I'll be sure to enjoy tonight's dinner very thoroughly." He said taking the initiative.

"Ahh~♥!"

They enjoyed their first night and even day as newlyweds.

 

 

Down in the dungeon’s depths.

"This makes the fourth one born." said Revis.

"…When will we move." So said Thetis, a spirit with sapphire blue hair with water running through it.

"When our strongest kin have woken up, right now only Wu and now Nataraja are woken up."

Tendrils appeared and embedded themselves into the pale-skinned girl, and she screamed in agony.

"I forgot how painful it was when "Her" imparted us with wisdom."

The screaming stopped and the air got colder.

"Welcome, Great Sprite of Ice, Nataraja." Revis said in a cold tone while walking up to her.

"…This body… Why is it so warmand fragile?" She said, looking at Revis.

"Here, eat and regain your strength. Our journey will need your full strength." She hands Nataraja a magic stone and eats it.

"Ahhh~" Her hair turned slightly bluer, as did her skin. "That feels better."

 

Teen Years End- Volume 2 Complete.

Next volume, Adulthood.

 

So volume 2 is complete! I would like to thank you all who favored  and commented on the chapters and even to those who didn't yet still read up to this point, thank you all. 

I'm sure many of you were waiting till we finally get to the actual start of Danmachi and now we are! Now um regarding my release schedule I have been mulling it over and personally I found my release schedule to be my greatest strength's and even now I have a good stockpile but it will eventually catch up so I am thinking of either 3 chapters a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) or 4 a week (+Sunday).

If there are any questions I will try and answer them.

Volume 3 starts next Wednesday.

54