[Vol.3] Quest 200- Uncrowned Promise
1.8k 5 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Four years later,

Hephaestus' residence.

"…Hey Hephaestus, why is this hammer enshrined?" Asked Hestia, a petite goddess with a large bust held up by a blue ribbon.

"Oh that, you mean Hephaestus’s Touch? What about it?"

"First what’s with that name? and second, why is it just sitting here?"

"Well, Hestia, it was the name given to it by a child, not one of mine, but a skilled child nonetheless. He forged this per request by me, and had to pay out of pocket for it."

"T-that expensive!"

"Yup, I would have even offered myself up for one of his creations."

"Y-you can’t be serious!?"

"I very much am, he is the only smith who made a weapon that far exceeded my expectations and satisfaction, hell if he had made it for my affections I would be his right now but…" She made a sweet smile. "He did it for another’s love, and in some roundabout way, he helped me with a problem." She remembers Aphrodite's visit.

"Heh~ So what’s this guy’s name huh! Maybe I can help you steal him away!"

"Fufu sorry, but that is not possible. He is already married, but the people and gods of Orario call him the Uncrowned Emperor."

"Uncrowned Emperor? Why is he uncrowned if he is an actual emperor? Sounds a bit like an oxymoron."

"Well, he left the city long before we could even give him the name. That, and he is the world’s strongest adventure. Well, that and his mother was called the Empress, so it kinda goes hand in hand."

"Ooh! I see. But is he an adventurer or a smith? You can’t exactly do both and create something to impress you? Is he talented?"

"Very. That single hammer is the culmination of all the things he studied and learned, from metallurgy to alchemy to geometry... all poured into seven weapons." She looked at the hammer with a shimmer in her eye. "I do like showing off this hammer to every other smithing god. They get really jealous, as well as their children. It also may have inadvertently called him a—well, it’s not important. "

"Wow…." Hestia turned to look at it once more. "So this hammer is pretty impressive, huh?"

"Very. His signature is on that red tassel in the golden orb."

"Ooh! Beautiful!"

"Yes it is. So when are you gonna go and find people to join your Familia? You have been here for three months now."

"I'll do it soon! I'm still getting use to Gekai!"

 

Loki’s Familia home.

Looking toward the horizon Ais watched the sunset.

"So this is where you are." said Riveria. "What are you doing?"

"I was thinking of when he would return."

"Ah, but didn't he say he'd give you a rematch when you reached level 6?"

"Hmm, it's been seven years. My status is enough for a level up, but... I just need to accomplish something."

"Well, we're going down on an expedition in a few months, so maybe you’ll get there soon. Oh, that does remind me. He did leave you a gift. We had to have a smith tell us, but he left you a sword as his going away gift."

"Really? Could I see it?"

"Sorry, but Loki has it. She plans on giving it to you when you reach level 6."

Riveria could see the fire in her eyes.

"I will do my best!"

 

Daedalus Street.

"Haaa…." Lili falls flat on her futon. "…Why can’t more adventures be like you, sir… But this is my burden! I will escape this Familia on my own merits!"

 

Outside Orario.

"Hic! Hic! Grandpa! I miss you so much…" Bell cries in his lonely home.

He peeks from his position and sees a book.

"Argonaut... Hmph! I’ll go to Orario! I’m sorry Grandpa, but I will be a hero! Cirrus, I'll find you again! I wonder what other stories you will tell me!"

 

Yamato.

Chirp!

Chirp!

"Hm…" Cirrus opens his eyes.

He opened his eyes to see Artemis over him.

"Did you have a nice nap?" She asked making a light and earnest smile. "I was cleaning your ears and you just fell asleep."

"Yeah... The sun feels good, your thighs are soft, you smell pleasant, you cleaning my ears was just the final thing to make my stress melt away. Haa.. I’m finally out of work. Ugh… learning and expanding medical knowledge is hard."

"Thank you for the complements, Cirrus. With how much you work doing this is a sure way you catch up on sleep. Hm." She began to stroke his hair. "You made sure to remember to clean the smell of cadavers off you."

"Well, I wanted to expand the knowledge of medicine and besides this, my little pleasure." He reaches his hand out and gently caresses Artemis' face. "Oh, I can still taste the honey on my lips, Artemis. Did you give me a surprising treat?"

"Fufu. I am just that sweet to you, Cirrus." She holds his hand that is touching her face to keep it there and fully take in his touch.

"Do you give Ai this treatment as well?"

"On occasion. You two have started to develop the same tastes."

"Well, when the honey is this sweet." He turns his hand to tangle his finger with her hand, he pulls it down to his lips kisses her hand. "We are bound to want more."

Whoosh~

A light breeze passes by, Artemis' hair is gently blown accompanied by a blush from the one she loves.

"I do love these lazy Saturday afternoons." She lowers her head. "And I love you." She brings her lips to give him a light kiss.

The taste of honey and field rations lingered on Cirrus' tastebuds.

"You taste like rations." Cirrus smirks.

"And you taste like yakisoba. Come." She gently raises his head and gets up. "Get up."

"Come on, I wanna stay a bit longer."

"Ai is making a healthy lunch. Given how you eat street food so often during the week, you need some vegetables."

"I can say the same for you. You have more ration than you are a goddess."

"All the more reason to eat. Come before Ai gets you."

"Hey when are you going to find that goddess Chyong requested you for?"

"Tomorrow so get up!"

Artemis heads back into the house while Cirrus lays under the sun of the veranda (egawa) for a moment.

"Mmmm..." He slowly closes his eyes. "This is nice..." His eyes began to feel like lead. "I really want to stay like this forever." He closes his eyes and melts back into sleeping.

 

Schedule is still the same for now but will change later on.

55