[Vol.3] Quest 200.5- Tales of Orario, The Romantic (Doting) Goddess Part 3
1.6k 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mia’s Pub.

"I am glad you are doing well, Bell." Said Freya, disguised as Syr.

"I’m sooo sorry!!" Bell puts his hands together. "I have been busy with the dungeon."

"Well so long as you are careful, and you come by every now and again."

"Thank you! Oh, I made a new friend!"

"…Did you now? Who might they be?"

"Their name is Liliruca Arde! They're a supporter!"

"Oh… her." Freya made a bit of a disgruntled expression.

"Do you also know her?"

‘She was Cirrus’s little helper during his musician days. He supposedly taught her various things to defend herself. I even once saw her dressed as those hollow-eyed Pallums in the alleys.’

"Well not personally no but… Ryuu! Can you come over!"

"Hm? Is there something you need?" Ryuu said, walking over.

"It seems Bell has gotten Cirrus’s little helper as his supporter."

"!?" Both Ryuu and Bell's eyes widen.

"Really!! / Cirrus!!" Ryuu and Bell shouted in surprise.

‘Oh? That’s an interesting reaction.’ Freya thought noticing Bell’s surprise by Lili and Cirrus’s connection.

"Lili was Cirrus’s helper!?" Bell was surprised. "Wait, are you and—Eek!"

Ryuu held a metal serving plate to his neck.

"Keep this between us, alright? Nod if you agree." Ryuu said, with a sharp look in her eyes.

Bell gave a nod.

"Good." She lowers the plate and takes a seat.

"S-sorry! When I heard um you know, his name, I got a bit too excited."

"Oh? Is he your personal hero?" Freya said with a slight smile.

"Hm! I met him once, long ago! Is he here in the city? I haven’t heard much about him?"

"He is not," Ryuu said. "He has been gone from the city for 7 years now. But I am sure if you survive long enough, you will meet him. Now, what is this about you having Lili as your supporter?"

"Ah well, after you left, I went with her to get her bag, and well, one thing went to another, and she is my supporter."

"Are you not afraid she won’t try and cheat you out of your money?"

"W-well not really. She said if I respect her, then she will respect me. I am also giving her 70% of the profits."

"Oh?" Freya’s eyes gain a sharpness to them. "Do go on about this?"

Bell felt a chill run down his back.

"W-well um, she said it’s because she will be carrying the load and for her lessons in not getting scammed?"

"Ah, I see…"

‘She is teaching him to gain some street smarts, huh? I didn’t think of that, but he is the type to accept what is in front of him even if it’s priced gouged… I will need to see if she has feelings for him.’

"Ryuu what do you think?" Asked Bell.

"…That is fine. So long as you tell her that you know me, she won’t think to scam you."

"I’m sure she won’t."

"It is simply to ensure she won’t. She has scammed several hundreds of adventures over the years. That day she was caught was the first since Cirrus took her under his wing. Before it, there were reports of a small child knocking out adventures and leaving them with only their underwear and a cheap dagger."

"Seems it was fate that brought you two together!" Freya said with a fake smile.

"I guess. She is like an older sister teaching me some stuff!"

"Hm. I see. An older sister huh?"

'I really should check on her.'

"Oh, Ryuu you’re a seasoned adventurer, right?’

"I am."

"Do you have any suggestions on how to fight long range? I’m not very good with the bow and arrow."

‘!’ Freya waited for this opportunity.

"I’m su—"

"I have a suggestion, Bell!!" Freya said, smiling ear to ear. "Wait right here!"

She quickly got up and left upstairs.

"…So um you’re in the same Familia as him right?" Bell asked Ryuu.

"We are. I am sorry, but I don’t wish to discuss this anymore. I hope you understand."

"Y-yes! I’m sorry for asking!"

Freya then came right back down with a white book in her hands. Ryuu instantly recognized it.

"Syr! You know that is a magic grimoire!"

"Yes, and it has been here for three days! You know the rules! If it’s in the lost and found box for three days it’s up for grabs!"

"B-but still! It’s worth a—"

"Here!" She hands it to Bell. "Think of this as a gift! From me to you!"

"U-um…" She hands it to Bell. "I don’t know what to say?"

"You don’t have to say anything but thank you! And also a good morning!" She said, giving him a warm smile.

"T-thank you! I’ll be sure to come by every morning!"

"Fufu thank you!"

"But um how does this work? Do I just open it and read it?"

"Yup! From what I heard in the pub, you just opened it, and you should learn a magic!"

48