[Vol.3] Quest 200.11- Tales of Orario, White Rabbit
1.6k 4 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Um… here. I’m sorry.” Ais said, bowing to Bell while handing him his green guard.

“…Huh?”

Currently, Bell is being apologized by the eye of his affection, the source of his desire. His face is flushed red. After all, he never expected this to ever happen.

“It was my fault those Minotaurs got up to where you were and caused you so much trouble. I wanted to say I’m sorry to you, but I keep scaring you away.”

“!” Bell couldn’t let her think she scares him. “N-no! Not at all! I’m the one who should apologize for running away so much! It’s not your fault, really! I um… just umm…”

Ais could see his face turning redder.

‘He reminds me so much of my childhood. I love how innocent he looks.’ Ais remembers the happiest moments of her childhood.

‘Uwaaah!! She is so pretty!’ He couldn’t meet her eye.

“I-I’m thankful for the time you saved me! And I am sorry I hurt your feelings by running away! I-I didn’t know how to react to a p-pretty and strong girl like you! Ah!” He quickly turned his head in embarrassment.

 ‘Gaaaah!!! Why did I say that!? Girls don’t like to be called strong! Or do they? Grandpa only said to complement them, but what makes up as a compliment!?’

“!!” Ais felt her heart skip a beat; a warm feeling washed over her.

Bell looks up to see her make a warm smile that only enamored his heart even further.

‘So… pretty. Like I was just bathed in golden rays of light.’

“Thank you for telling me.” She nods her head.

“N-not at all!!”

“So…. have you been working hard in the Dungeon? I noticed last time you made it to the 10th floor. I’m very impressed.”

“T-thank you! But I only got so far because I had help! I still have a long way to go to reach my goal! Even now when I’m in the dungeon, I’m still an amateur who keeps making rookie mistakes, and my supporter has to bail me out!”

“Can I teach you?”

‘Eh? Did I say that out loud!?’

“Eh?”

Bell could see her face turn red.

‘D-did she blurted it out!? That’s so cute!!! Wait!! I need to respond quickly!!!’

“S-sorry it just—"

“Yes!!!” Bell shouted. I would be happy to receive lessons from you, miss!! Um... W-what should I call you?”

A small smile forms on her face. It delighted her he took her on this sudden offer.

“We haven’t formally introduced ourselves. I am Ais Wallenstein.” She extends her hand. “Level 6 of the Loki Familia, the Sword Princess!”

‘Oooh!! She said it with such formality everything she does is so perfect!’

“I-I am Bell Cranel! Level 1 of the Hestia Familia!” He goes and shakes her hand. “I will learn everything you wish to teach!!”

‘Uwaaah!! Her hands are so soft!’

“Look forward to it.”

 

Early the next morning.

‘I can’t believe this is happening!’ Bell thought ecstatically.

He moved through the streets with a spring in his step.

‘I wonder what she will—'

Thud!!

“Eeek!?”

“Whoa!?”

He crashed into someone when he turned the corner.

“I’m very sor—"

“Sorry for bumping into you!” Bell said apologetically. He extended “Are you okay?” He looks to see a golden-yellow-haired elf. “Ah! Sorry! I know elves avoid being touched.”

“It’s alright.” The elf took his hand. “Thank you very much.”

Bell helped her up.

“But it is my bad. I wasn’t watching where I was going. Say, did you happen to see a girl with golden hair and eyes?”

“Do you mean the Sword Princess?”

“Yes! Ais Wallenstein! You’re an adventurer, right? Have you seen her?”

“Uhh… are you with the Loki Familia?”

“?” The elf looked a bit confused. “I… am? Is there a problem? Did something happen to Ais!?”

Bell remembers some things Lili told him.

“Listen Bell! You can’t lie, so instead of lying, tell them half a truth! If they're asking you where someone is, point them slightly off where they were heading. If they want to know something, tell them you’re busy!”

“Uhh… yes. I, uh, saw her go that way.” He points to the west.

“Oh, thank you!” She bowed and took off. “Thank you again! Really!!” She waved him goodbye.

Bell waved her goodbye.

“… She was nice. I felt bad about lying… I’ll have to ask Ais about it.”

Bell then continued on his way up to the city walls in the northwest section of the city.

 

Walking up to the city walls, Bell could see Ais waiting up the stairs.

“Ais! Good morning!”

“Morning.” She nods.

“Say, do you know an elf with orange hair?”

“… Ah, that is Lefiya. Why do you ask?”

“I, um… bumped into her. She was looking for you.”

“!”

Bell could see Ais felt like she was in trouble.

“D-did you tell her about me training you?”

“N-no, I didn’t know if you would get in trouble, so I told her I saw you go another direction from here.”

“Ah, thank you! If anyone knows, I would get in a lot of trouble.”

“I see. So um… what’s the first lesson?”

“Well… I am new to this, so… show me your moves.”

49