[Vol.3] Quest 208- The Flashing Saint Vs. The Sword Princess
1.8k 4 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning.

Out a bit in the clearing on the 50th floor stood Ai and Ais. Around them were the Loki Familia and Cirrus, along with Nox and Circe, who were watching with him.

‘Heh, I wonder how strong she gotten.’ Said Nox.

‘She is fairly strong; I have been giving her check-ups, so I know she is tough as they come.’ Said Circe.

‘Well, you have never seen Ai fight Cirrus.’

‘Cirrus, what do you think?’

“… I think we should watch.”

From the sides.

“So how do you think this will play out Finn?” Asked Gareth. “I know both are strong swordswomen but… it has been 7 years since we last saw the young lass.”

“Gareth, don’t you have faith in Ais!” said Lefiya.

“Yeah, I don’t know who this fox thinks she is, but Ais will crush her.” Said Bete.

“Yeah!!” said the rest of the Familia.

“You think so too, right, Riveria!” Lefiya asked her.

“I don’t know and, as I said yesterday, you shouldn’t underestimate her.”

“So just sit and watch. This is a good opportunity to see a fight between two level 6s.” said Finn.

“Mmmm!!! Ahh! Are you done warming up?” said Ai.

“I am. I’m ready when you are.” She said with her hand hovering over her sword.

“Then let’s start with our introductions! I’ll start first!” with a bright smile she got into a stance in a single motion. “My name is Ai Zephyr!! The Flashing Saint of the Susanoo Familia!! and the 2nd wife of the Uncrowned Emperor!! Draw your blade Sword Princess!!” as she places her hand on her sword a threatening cutting feeling filled the area, and her tone of voice changes to match it.

“So you tied the knot, huh?” said Gareth.

“Yup, coming up 4 years now on November 1st, just 54 days after her birthday.”

“So, who’s the first wife?” asked Riveria.

“No comments.”

 

As Ais bears through, the tension got into her fighting stance.

“My name is Ais Wallenstein!! The Sword Princess of the Loki Familia!! Here I come!!!”

She draws her sword and charges at Ai.

“Good form.” She said.

“Haaa!!”

Ais came in for a swing and—

Ting!!

“!?”

In a blink of an eye, her sword was parried off and Ai had re-sheathed her sword already.

‘S-such speed!!’

“Too easy.”

Thuuud!!

“Gaaaah!!!”

Ais was sent flying back in pain.

“Ais!!” they all shouted in surprise.

“W-what happened!” Lefiya shouted.

“Two.” Said Bete with eyes wide and open.

“Huh?”

“Two swings.” Said Tione. “Ai swung her sword twice in that moment. Ais would have been cut down if she didn’t use the flat of her blade.”

As Ais gets up, she could feel an intense throbbing just below her chest. She touched it to find her shirt was ripped in the form of her blade, leaving only a red mark starting to turn into a purple bruise.

‘Even power!?’

She looked at Ai, and her eyes were still trained on her. She felt like an animal being targeted.

“Is this what the Sword Princess could do? I expected more from the one Cirrus is supposed to duel.”

“… I will show you.” She got back into her fighting stance and, with a deep breath, she charged in.

She came in for another swing and, to Ai’s surprise, she put up more of a fight.

Clang!! Swish!!

Clang!!

Clang!! Swish!!

Clang!!

Clang!! Swish!!

Ais has been giving Ai a flurry of swings each other, getting faster and more precise.

“Good! Very good!! Keep going!!”

“Haaa!!!!”

Ais continued to speed up her attacks and some of them began to scratch her, but no direct hits.

“Ais has grown stronger; her swordsmanship has improved,” Cirrus said, watching closely.

“Ai as well.” Said Finn. “She’s using such minimal movement. Ais is practically wasting energy trying to land a solid hit.”

“It’s terrifying how much she polished her swordsmanship.” Said Gareth.

“She must have used you to polish them, didn’t she?” Said Riveria, glancing at Cirrus.

A slight smile grew on his face.

“Yup.”

“Then she isn’t even getting serious,” Finn said with even keener eyes.

“Not at all.”

Huff! Huff!” Ais stopped the attack and started to catch her breath.

“Is this how strong you are without your magic? Mmm… I say you last one minute if he lets you have your fun.”

“One minute… Huff! Huff! Then I should use my magic then.”

“Go ahead, but you won’t get the chance to.”

Ais takes a deep breath as if she was going to activate her magic.

“!?”

“Told you.” Ai quickly covered the distance. “You won’t get the chance.”

Thuuuuuud!!

Strong strike to the stomach.

“Gaaah!!”

Her breath was knocked as fast as she took it in.

Huff!! Huff!! Huff! Huff!

She falls to her knees, gasping for air.

“Can you still keep going?”

‘She is strong!! Stronger than Revis! No… she hasn’t even needed to breathe or even sweat… I can get stronger!’

Ais used her sword to slowly get back up with a look of determination.

“Strong will.” Ai jumped back a bit. “Are you going to use your magic? Seeing how this is turning into bullying, I think using magic will make this fairer. Promise I won't stop you again.”

Huff! Huff! no…” she readied her blade with eyes trained on Ai. "I will... win with my own skill."

She made a grin.

“Then let’s see how much you can handle.”

Ais’s eyes caught her glimpse. She was coming. She jumped back and managed to block her strike, but.

Clang!

Clang!

Clang!

Clang!

Clang!

Clang!

Ai was now the one on the offensive. Her strikes shook Ais to the bone, and the strength in her arms and legs began to quickly waver.

‘Come on!! Come on!!! I can’t—!?’

“!?”

Her arms gave out.

She could see the sword coming at her and then stop, as it was nearly at her neck.

“… It’s my win.” Ai sheathed her sword. “You did well!” she said, returning to her usual tone of voice. “Hm! hm! I’m sure you can still improve!”

Huff! Huff! T-thanks…” she falters a bit and Ai catches her.

“Come on, get some sleep. You earned it.”

“Hmm….”

Ais closed her eyes, falling asleep again.

 

As the Familia rushed to Ais to tend to her, Ai walked up to Cirrus, Finn, Riveria, and Gareth.

“So, shall we get back in shape?”

“Sure thing,” Cirrus said, getting up with his spear. “We’ll be back a bit after lunch. Circe will stay here in case anything pops up.”

“Hm, be careful.” Said Finn. “And if you find something of interest—“

“You’ll learn of it, eventually. See ya.”

57