[Vol 3] Quest 210- Back Up The Dungeon
1.8k 3 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back on the 50th floor.

“And that’s all we found, a jungle of silence, not even a monster or insect to be heard.”

“That is… disturbing.” Said Finn.

“At least you dealt with the Violas.” Said Gareth.

“Hm and even the entrance to the 61st floor.” Said Riveria.

“Still… this is piqued my curiosity, even more, to change the floor so much… unfortunately, I came down here too quickly using up most of the supplies we brought.”

“Hahaha!! Maybe next time you’ll come with us on our next expedition!” Gareth said.

“I’ll probably take you up on that offer. If Evilus is connected, then they need to be crushed before- ahem! Sorry, but you get the idea.”

“Thank you,” Finn said.

Leaving the tent, Cirrus caught a familiar scent.

“Ai’s cooking…. fuck I’m hungry.”

Walking to the cooking station, he finds Ai and several others around her waiting for the food, more particularly Tione.

“Now be patience and cut them carefully,” Ai said to Tione, chopping the vegetables. 

“Mmm… hmm!! I’m losing…”

“If you break another board, I’m going to make you make a thousand boards!”

“Grr!!”

Looking at her help brings a smile to his face. He finds a spot and sits down.

“Hey! Hey!” an Amazoness comes up to him with a small bust when compared to the other. “My name is Tiona, and are you really a level 8?”

“… I am, do I not look it?”

“No, you look pretty young.”

“Really? You know I’m 22 right?”

“Your only five years older than me!!” she shouted.

“You have a lot of energy, huh?”

“Yup! Say, can I not spar with you?”

The camp went silent, but Ai was still helping Tione with her cooking.

“Did you really wanna work up a sweat?”

“Hm! I wanna see how strong a level 8 is!”

“… Sure, but no weapons, just to make things more fun.”

“Oy! If you're gonna have a spar with her, I want in,” said Bete.

“Sure thing. Who else wishes to make this more even?”

No one else voiced their opinions and, seeing as no weapons will be used, Ais would be drastically handicapped and decided to simply watch.

 

They went to the area where Ai fought Ais. Several people came to see them.

“Hmm!! Are you sure you don’t wanna stretch um… I never did catch your name?” Cirrus said to Bete as he started to remove his top.

“It’s Bete Loga, a level 5.” He said, throwing his fur coat aside. “Hurry up and get ready.”

“Sure, sure, I’m simply taking my time so I can do this.” In a single movement, he grabs his right shoulder and without ripping or tearing his clothing, Cirrus takes off his top like in Yakuza, showing his scar-riddled body and the tattoo on his right shoulder.

“!?” Both Tiona and Bete were shocked to see so many scars as did many of the watchers. Gareth, the tank of the Familia, didn’t have a scar on his body even after the fight with potions no scars were left.

“What? Do these scars intimidate you a bit? Or was it the tattoo?”

“How the hell did you get scars? Didn’t you use potions?” said Bete.

“Sometimes, but I think it helps give me more character, to my foes they see this body and they know instantly I have faced several battles to survive to this point. Now,” Cirrus held up both of his arms out. “Let’s see how good you two are.”

"Hey that tattoo... Did you get it from Lady Kali?" Tiona asked as she was staring at it.

"I did. Gives me a free pass to Telskyura. Real useful when making trad deals with them."

"Even if they are--"

"Enough prattling!!!" Bete shouted ready to fight. "Show me what you got coward!!!!"

Bete rushed in and went in for the right kick.

"Hey Bete do you know why I didn't retaliated before?"

Cirrus took a step back when the kick was going to connect and quickly moved in, grabbing his face.

“!?”

"It's because it would be like fighting a toddler."

"!!"

Cirrus then tightened his grip and tossed him aside like a pebble.

“Got you!!” said Tiona, coming from below with an uppercut.

Cirrus jumped up and flowed with the attack, letting him to flip back with no damage.

“Nice use of taking the advantage of his recklessness. Maybe I’ll actually work up a sweat.”

“You bastard!!”

“Hmm!!”

 

Both Bete and Tiona continued to spar with Cirrus, but it was more like Cirrus playing with them as he dodged and redirected all of their attacks, making them sweat more than him.

Huff! huff! huff!” they both were exhausted.

“Cirrus! I made your portion!” Ai shouted.

“Welp guess that’s enough for today. You two are pretty good.” He said while getting his shirt and walking past them. “I’m sure you two can still improve!”

He patted their shoulders and left.

Huff! huff! he barely broke a sweat!” Tiona said, flopping to the ground sweaty.

Huff! huff! huff! I’ll be sure to hit him!” Bete said slowly, returning to his tent.

That night, as everyone slept, and few were on guard duty, they could hear a melodious tune swiftly calming their nerves and falling asleep. Not even monsters bothered to attack as they to fell victim to this melody and went to sleep.

55