[Vol.3] Quest 218.5- Life Under Ishtar
1.5k 0 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pleasure district, late at night.

Whoosh!

Whoosh!

The air blows through the pleasure district and into Aisha’s hair as she watches the nightlife of the district up on the top of a building.

“Aisha.”

Her voice was the same--no she was more mature and refined since the last she saw her.

“Ai…” Aisha got up and turned to see Ai. “It’s good to see you again.”

“… it's nice to see you too.”

There is an awkward silence between the two.

“… Alright look.” Aisha sat back down. “You know… that my goddess was sent to heaven long ago and Lady Ishtar took me in, right?”

“Hm, I remember. It was when she finally claimed this district as her own…”

“Yes… back then I was still more strong-willed and… happy, not to say I’m unhappy now but… now I don’t have the freedom to do what I really want… Ai have you ever been charmed by a love goddess?”

“Once, but she was far kinder than Ishtar… don’t tell me your--“

“I am… that’s how she broke me, a feeling of intoxicating euphoria that was mind melting… had she been a little bit more aggressive, I’m sure I would be licking the very ground she walks on.”

A painful expression grows on Ai’s face.

“… Aisha.”

“I can’t disobey… both can’t and won’t. The girls here rely on me and I’m more than willing to take the hit for them, than for them to not be broken… like Haruhime.”

“That Renard you carried with you…”

“Yes… she came from your homeland, apparently disowned by her father, and she eventually found herself sold to Ishtar…”

“That’s… Horrible."

“What’s worse is that she is not suitable for this job… she has been here for five years, and she is still a virgin. Can you believe that? The moment she even sees the collarbone of a man, she turns bright red and passes out! Hahaha!!! So many customers couldn’t find it in them to take advantage of such an innocent girl!”

“… I feel conflicted about how to feel about that? Sad she works in a brothel and impressed the customers she got to have the common decency to not, you know, take advantage of her in that state.”

“That seems about right…”

Whoosh!

Whoosh!

Another heavily scented wind blows past them.

“Aisha do you--“

“No… I’m asking you as a friend, please let this matter go for now… I will be alright.”

“… Fine.” Ai turns around. “But you know you can always come to me for help, right?”

“I know…”

“… Goodbye.”

Ai took her to leave, jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

“…Fuck.”

Aisha walks back through the door of the rooftop and goes back to work under the warm and soft lights of the scented streets where only the ones allowed to leave are those who don’t know the life under these sadistic colored lights.

40