[Vol.3] Quest 230- The Spider’s Web
1.4k 3 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Ais had delivered the information and returned to her group, Finn moved with even more caution.

“This much work couldn’t have been done in a decade,” Finn said.

“Hm, based on the construction, it would have taken several lifetimes to do from gathering material and construction.” Said Riveria.

“And very—swish! Expensive.” They look at the wall Ai cut to show Adamantite. “Even these walls are made from the Obsidian Soldiers of the 37th floor, so magic has gotten weaker.”

“So much money and time… it brings up more questions than answers,” Finn said.

They continue to reach a large room with doors closed by Orichalcum and a single stairway locked behind a bar door.

“Hold on, I’ll cut through the bars quickly and—"

As Ai stepped forward, a voice familiar to her rang.

“FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINN!!!!!! AIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!! YOU FUCKING REMEMBER ME SHORTY AND YOU DAMN 4 EARED BITCH!!! YOU FUCKING BETTER!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME FOR THIS!!! TO TEAR OUT YOUR ENTRAILS OUT!!! SLICE YOUR PRETTY FUCKING FACES AND GOUGE HOLES IN YOUR BODIES SO MY BOYS CAN FUCK YOU!!! AND IN THE DEEPEST PARTS OF YOUR SHIT BODIES I WILL CARVE MY NAME INTO THEM AND IN YOUR SOULS SO NO MATTER IF YOU ARE REBORN YOU WILL REMEMBER ME!!!” Said Valletta.

“Hey, you two know her?” said Beta. “Looks and sounds deranged. Is she another crazy person who wants you, Finn?”

“You should hold your tongue.” Said Ai. “Comparing her to Tione is an insult worth death.”

“Her name is Valletta Grede, a survivor of the Dark Era of Orario, a person who made a name for herself in the evils of their group.” Said Finn.

“I thought you died from the 27th-floor nightmare.” Said Ai, looking at her with cold eyes. “How lucky for me the Gale missed you in her rampage as now I can cut that fucking shit tongue and bash your damn brain in.”

They were surprised Ai could say such foul things, but they could feel her very reasonable anger coming off her.

“Still mad I killed your stupid fucking friend 7 years ago!! Hahaha!!! What was her name? Aree? Dee?? Ah yes, Arditard!”

“You fucking pinked hair cunt!! I should have tracked you down and let Shakti and the Ganesha Familia burn your rancid ass body!!! And even then, it still wouldn’t be enough for the life you stole!!”

“Well, I feel the fucking same!! after the 27th-floor shit! We lost our gods!! We had to fend for ourselves with no fucking Falna!! Can you imagine the terror of being in the dungeon with no fucking Falna!! So many fucking monsters sank their teeth into me!! on that fucking day I swore I’d fucking kill you all and shit in your open skulls!!”

“Then come and try you rancid pussy ass harlot!!” Ai quickly kicked off, but Valletta rose her hand.

“See you in hell, bitch!! Have fun in the Knossos!!!” in her hand was an orb with a D on it and the whole room opened up.

“!?”

Following it were several Violas.

“You’re not fucking escaping again!!!”

Ai used her slash to propel herself to the Violas and began to cut them apart, using their bodies as footholds.

“(When the bell tolls 108 times, gather the eight serpents.)”

The Violas began to target Ai.

“They go after magical energy!” shouted Lefiya.

“Good!! (No offerings of sacrifice to the earth, wind, fire, water, thunder, poison, light, and darkness.)”

Ai darted around, cutting them apart with absurd speed and precision. This unfortunate surprise impressed and terrified Barca and Valletta.

“(I offer you steel and the clear sky.)”

The white mist covered her weapon in its sheath, and with one good jump, she reached the top, where she fell.

“You damn bitch!!!”

“Die!!! [Murakumogiri]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Swish!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!

A massive blow of wind went through the entire Knossos.

 

At that same time.

‘A breeze?’ Thought Ais.

“Focus!!” Cirrus shouted.

Clang!!!

“Grr!!” Revis said. “Arubuda!!!”

“Haaa!!!!” Arubuda came from behind Revis and thrust her spear at Cirrus.

“No, you don’t!!!” Ais shouted as she perries the attack away.

 

Deep within the Knossos.

“That damn Saint!!!” said Barca angrily. “She cut up 4% of the Knossos!! The legacy of our ancestors!!”

“Good.” said another man with black hair and goggles with a spear. “This damn place has been a nuisance to me since I was born.”

“Quiet Dix.” Said Thanatos. “If they continue on, they will find everything, even Ikelos.”

“Tch… fine. I guess I’ll have some fun.” He says as he spins his spear.

“Get Valletta.” Said Barca.

“Hm? isn’t she dead?”

“No, she lost her left arm and leg.”

Valletta at that moment.

“GAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!! FUCK!!! FUCK!!! FUCK!!!! I’LL FUCKING CHOP HER DAMN HANDS OFF!!!”

Ai had sliced through the bars and managed to cut Valletta but in the 7 years, Valletta has become a level 6 and evaded it, causing her to only lose her left arm and leg in the attack.

 

Down below in the Knossos.

“Is everyone alright!” Riveria said.

“All good!”

“Fine!”

“Good.”

Everyone was all fine, but Ai looked up as the trapdoor closed.

“Ai are you good?” said Finn.

“… A bit. Seeing her face made me remember that day.”

“New species!!” shouted Raul.

“Violas coming at us!!” said Aki.

“Beta handle the new species!! Ai deals with the Violas!!”

“Got it!”

The two began to clear the way.

They quickly followed in their wake, with Violas coming from behind.

“Lefiya! They're all yours!”

“Yes sir! Filvis!” she shouted.

“Got it!”

The two got together and Filvis got in front of her while Lefiya chanted.

“(Shield me, cleaning chalice)!”

“(Unleashed pillar of light, limbs of the holy tree.)!

“[Dio Grail]!!!” a golden barrier appeared and stopped the Violas.

“(You are the master archer)!! Filvis now!”

She dropped the shield, and Lefiya pointed her staff.

“[Arcs Ray]!!!!”

A blast of light incinerates the monsters.

“Pretty good!” said Ai.

“Very well done, Lefiya!” said Riveria.

“That was awesome, Lefiya!” said Raul.

“Looks like you found a way to be useful!” said Beta.

“Keep moving!!” shouted Finn.

They all kept moving until Finn felt his thumb ache and throb. With each step they all took, it throbbed more and more until finally they reached a open room

 

In the open room, it was filled with several stone pillars and a single woman with sapphire hair in a white dress, sitting with her legs crossed on a pile of rubble. She turned to show her aqua-blue eyes.

“Oh? I didn’t expect to meet people here… is that you Nox? I feel your presence. It's rather unique.”

Nox flew ahead of them and transformed back. Everyone but Finn, Riveria, and Ai were shocked to see this transformation.

“Judging by your weak aura, you’re not of the older generation?” Nox said, glaring at her.

“Rude! I was a spirit to the great god of the sea, Nereus!”

“And? It’s clear you will not abide by your former purpose.”

“I already fulfilled it the day I died… did you know that should a Spirit die in the Dungeon their souls simply… linger? Waiting for rebirth, along with a never-ending rotation of monsters coming in and out…”

“So what, you’re not the only one who suffered in a dark place for countless years.”

“… What I’m saying is.” She jumped down and everyone readied their blades. “Who or what brought us back?”

All of their eyes widen as it was laid out in front of them. Who or what could have brought them back if they had lingered inside the dungeon for so long?

“… You won’t tell us, will you?” Nox said, clenching her fists in anger.

“No, on my old name of Peleus! And my new name is Thetis, you won’t get shit from me! (Old man of the sea, place your water onto me)!! [Laconia Styx]!!”

“(May the veil of my paradox cut through the cosmos, heaven will darken, earth will brighten.)!! [White Night]!!!”

From Thetis, a tsunami burst from her magic circle, and from Nox, a blade of light sliced through the water as if it was air.

“Ai! Finn! Riveria gets her alive if possible!! If not, then kill her!!” shouted Nox.

“Got it!” Ai shouted as she dashed forward.

“(Water onto me.)!! [Laconia Styx]!!”

Streams of pressured water cuts through the pillars and Nox turned back and landed on Riveria’s shoulders as Ai dashed ahead of her.

“Haaa!!!”

Splash!!!!!!!!

Ai was blocking the attacks with her Orichalcum shield.

“Get ready for combat!!” shouted Finn.

They all got together as the water surrounded them with the pillars helping block their views.

“You ever going to tell us we were with a damn Spirit!!” said Beta.

“Focus on the Spirit trying to kill us, Beta!” said Riveria.

Thetis moved in between the pillars as she slides through the water.

I suggest clearing out all these damn pillars.” Said Nox.

“Y-you can talk as an owl!” Lefiya said.

No, I’m using a magic tool to convey my thoughts to you, so get to breaking!

“Why the hell can’t you do it? You stopped the water, didn’t you?” Beta said as he was tracking Thetis's movements.

I would, but using magic costs Cirrus his own and as much as he has, I’m not really cheap on the costs.

“Then do you know how to beat her?” Said Finn as he examines Thetis’ movements.

She’s a normal Water Spirit she is nothing special like me so a good chop to the neck or lunge to the heart would easily kill her unless you know she has the same anatomy as a monster in which case a stab to the chest is the way to go!

“How isn’t she special?” said Filvis. “She’s moving through the water like a Kelpie!”

She’s a damn Water Spirit! What the fuck do you expect? Are you going to be surprised if a Wind Spirit flies!? No! I don’t—crouch down Riveria!!

“!?”

Riveria quickly ducked down, and a stream of water went over her.

“How about a little less arguing and more working together!! Cover me! I’ll smoke her out!” Riveria said, standing back up and her magic circle appeared under her.

“Everyone on Riveria!” shouted Finn.

Everyone closed in on Riveria, shielding her from all sides.

“(The flame will soon be released. Creeping war, unavoidable destruction.).”

Thetis quickly noticed the massive amount of magic from Riveria was building. She struck more and more, but—

Splash!!

Splash!!

Splash!!

Splash!!

— They all were blocking her attacks.

“(The horn of battle sounds aloud; the cruelty of conflict will envelop all. Come, crimson flames, the ruthless inferno.).”

“Dammit!! I’ll make sure to kill you first!! One-Eyed Human, open it up!!!”

Suddenly the doors opened up and several Violas rushed through as Thetis runs away as an Orichalcum door slammed shut behind her. Riveria stopped chanting.

“Dammit!! Change of plans we need to get out of here and regroup! This place is unconquerable with a master behind it!” Nox said.

“A master?” Finn said.

“Yes, from what Thetis shouted, they should have one eye and can control this place! Like what that disgusting Valletta had on her before Ai chopped her up.”

“Very well, we're leaving! Ai, can you track the marker we left?”

“Yeah!”

“Then lead—!?”

Suddenly the door opens and several Evilus members popped up.

“For our lord!!”

“Our lord!!!”

“May salvation be upon us all!!!”

They all rushed them.

“Bombers!!” shouted Ai.

“Stop them before they detonate!” commanded Finn.

“Ha!!!!!!!!!!”

Ai quickly cut them down and throw their bodies at them, jumping back and throwing a red needle at their chest and—

Booom!!

— They were blown up.

They quickly left the room and began their escape.

“What was that, that you threw?” asked Riveria.

“Their Red Needles, since Cirrus learned of their survival, he made these so we wouldn’t have to waste magic. You just throw them at a magic item, and should it pierce, it’ll forcibly activate.”

42