[Vol.3] Quest 247- Orders
1.1k 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days later in the Room of Prayer.

“Lord Ouranos!!” Cirrus says, rushing down the stairs. “What was the emergency!? A guild employee came rushing to the Familia home!”

“Fels, hand him the report,” Ouranos said. “I am sorry, but it would seem you are about to answer the call.”

Cirrus's heart began to beat faster.

“Fels,” Cirrus said solemnly.

“…” Fels looks a bit hesitant but relinquishes the report. “Here.”

Cirrus reads the contents, and his heart pounded harder.

Thump! Thump!

Thump! Thump!

“From what witnesses say, it’s not the One-Eyed Black Dragon. This one possesses 3 pairs of wings and… a human torso on his head,” Fels said.

“!?!?” Cirrus crumbled the report in his hand. “… Like the Nightmare 7 years ago… a black dragon…. Lord Ouranos!!” Cirrus stood up firm with stern eyes.

“Go, I order you to slay it and return to us as quickly as you can. Wear the Oculus so we may monitor the situation.”

“Understood. I’ll leave as soon as possible!”

Cirrus quickly leaves the Room of Prayer through the secret tunnels.

“… What horrible perfect timing for this to be happening, Lord Ouranos,” Fels said, looking down.

“Yes… The Scorpion in the far-off land and the spawning of another black dragon after Erebus summoned it with a Corrupted Spirit merged with it… They truly are spreading our forces thin.”

 

Moonlight Tower.

Waiting outside their room, Ai and Artemis are a bit nervous.

“This is serious Artemis,” said Ai. “I have rarely seen him like this…”

“… Let's go ask him.”

They enter their room to find Cirrus storing a bunch of potions with his spear Spekð and sword Gram on the bed. Nox was also rummaging around.

“Cirrus… has something come up?” asked Artemis.

“…” Cirrus stops and looks at her. “A black dragon.”

“!?” Ai visibly shakes, as does Artemis.

“Is it the—"

“It's not One-Eye.” Cirrus cuts Ai off. “It’s like the Nightmare from 7 years ago.”

“T-that black serpent! It took you, me, Ais, Riveria, and Gareth to kill it!!” shouted Ai. “I should be very, very worried since it almost killed you!”

“Yes, but this time it’s a Corrupted Spirit out on the surface.”

“And!? That’s even worse!!”

“Aaaand that means,” said Nox, putting a bunch of Magic Potions into her shadow. “If worse comes to worst, Cirrus gave me full authority to use my full magic.”

“Are you only taking Nox with you?” asked Ai with a look that says she wants to come as well.

“Yes, if they're doing this, the city needs you Ai. When I leave, I want everyone to be on high alert and keep an eye on the entrances to the Dungeon, Knossos, and outside the city.”

“… Fine, but you better not end up as battered last time alright!” Artemis said.

“I’ll try not to, Artemis.” Cirrus kneels. “If you would please.” He takes off his shirt with a piece of paper in hand.

“Very well.” She walks over and Nox holds up Cirrus’s spear in which she uses to prick her finger and updates his status. “Tell me, is Circe coming as well?”

“She is. Right now she’s getting supplies.”

“Give me the paper.”

Cirrus hands her the paper and a few seconds later hands it to him.


Cirrus Zephyr

Lv. 8

Strength: G222→ F341     Endurance: D556→ C693

Dexterity: F309→ 344       Agility: D500→ 532

Magic: E450→ C669         Mage: A

Immunity: B                       Martial Arts: E

Crush: E                               Blacksmith: F

Chain Attack: H                 Luck: G→ F


“Magic and endurance went up in ranks…”

“It was because of the Spirit Drive; I hope you don’t have to use it,” Artemis said, sitting down.

“I'll try to finish it before I have to use it. (Sing).”

Electricity burns the paper into ash.

Cirrus gets back up and gets fully dressed and geared up.

“It's been 7 years since you actually had to wear this armor,” Ai said as she pressed her hand to his chest. “… It won't be the last, would it?”

“No. it won’t. Nox, Circe, is everything ready?”

“Done on my end.”

‘Me as well!’

“Then it's time for me to get going.”

“Where are you going specifically?” Artemis asked.

“The Kaios Desert seems it was attacking merchants, and it followed one to the desert. The Al-Kutba Familia has evacuated all the people. The corrupted spirit seems to be looking for magic stones. A child threw one, and it quickly went for it.”

“That’s how they escaped?”

“Yup.” As he was about to walk to the open window, Cirrus stops. “Ah… I forgot one last thing.”

“What’s that? Me!” Ai said, still hoping to go with him.

“No. This.”

Cirrus turns and walks up to her and gives her a deep kiss.

“!!” Ai and Artemis were shocked.

“N-no fair! I wasn’t ready!” Ai said, blushing a bit at the surprise.

He walks over to Artemis and gives her one as well.

“Y-you better come alright! That’s an order as your goddess and wife, you understand!” Artemis commanded with a blushed face.

“Of course, I will, (Circe).”

Circe comes out and puts the bag of supplies into his shadow.

Circe and Nox turn into birds and get in his bag.

“I’ll be back before you know it!”

Cirrus walks back to the window and jumps off the tower.

“(Exousía, Adorn: Stymphalian)!!!”

The armor dons onto Cirrus and with a flap of the wings he took off to the southwest of the continent.

They watched as he quickly flies out of the city to face a dragon-like in the stories of old.

39