Chapter 9: Visitor
739 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the second day of class, Sorcha woke up in the morning in a good mood.

She took a bath while humming a tune she remembered from the past. Facing the mirror, she said "Good morning self!" And laughed at her own silliness.

While taking breakfast, she energetically eats everything her mom puts into her plate.

"Is it really delicious?" Aria questioned.

"Mm, it is." Sorcha replied.

"You seem to be in a good mood today." Anthony noticed.

"Of course dad." She answered, then looked meaningfully to her father. "Thank you."

Anthony and Aria shared smiles with each other. "As long as you're happy." Anthony said.

On that morning, Sorcha was the earliest to arrive at their classroom. After sitting for a while, her classmates started to come as well. The second to arrive among her friends is Edmund. He noticed her and so she gestured him to come near.

"Excuse me. Can you exchange seats with my friend here? He's only sitting 2 seats away from you." She told one of her seatmate whose name, she remembered as Michael.

"Oh." Michael looked at her and hesitates for a bit before nodding to them.

"Thanks!" She smiled then turned to Edmund and pointed to the seat in front of her, "come seat here instead."

Edmund blushed for a bit then nodded like a chick pecking grains.

'cute kid' sorcha laughed inside. They both remained silent for a moment until Rica and Luke arrived.

"Good morning guys!" Rica greeted.

I smiled brightly at her and answered, "Good morning Rica."

"Seeing you smile like that makes me feel that it would be indeed a good morning!" Luke said to me.

'this kid really has the potential to become a playboy' I said to myself.

"Stop teasing Sorcha." Rica hit him with her elbow then looked at Edmund and said, "Good morning Edmund, quiet as always I see!" She laughed.

"Good morning Rica." He shyly murmured.

"It's not fine for me to tease sorcha, but it's fine if you tease Edmund?" Luke complained.

"It's because Edmund is cute when he's being shy!" Rica said.

"Sorcha is cute as well! Although she's not the shy type!" Luke answered back.

'this kids really like to quarrel don't they?' Sorcha sighed. Then she remembered her age compared to them and thought, 'right they're just kids, they can pass up as my children.' she nodded inwardly and reminded herself to have more patience towards the little ones.

~~

After all the classes finished, Ryan stayed on the teachers office for a while.

'So that girl yesterday is actually a Barrons.' he thought as he reads the seating arrangement of his class. Then he heard someone knocking from outside.

Knock knock

'who could that be?'

He opened the door and found a guy with black hair, chiseled jaw line, jade-like skin, clear black eyes that shows irritation, and red lips that are curved into a frown.

"I've been waiting for you outside" the cool man's voice was heard throughout the room.

"Haha Marion I forgot that you're coming today. Come inside first." Ryan said.

The visitor is actually Marion William, Luke's older brother.

"No need, I just came to remind you about your mission." The man named Marion replied.

"Really now! You only came here just because of that? You're friend's heart here is breaking." Ryan playfully answered.

"Who's the one who forgot about his friend coming." Marion said with a frown.

"I'm really sorry okay." He laughed and saw Marion already walking away.

'This friend of mine is always serious' Ryan sighed to himself.

"Hey! Wait for me! I'm going to get my things first, let's eat together!" He shouted then took his bag and rushed towards his friend.

 

Author's note:

If you guys noticed, I used the 3rd person pov in this chapter, and will stick to it from now on. I used the 1st person pov before since it was convenient in introducing the protagonist. I hope it doesn't affect your reading. ^~^

6