Chapter 13: What do you think about me?
631 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the cafeteria, Luke and Rica sat beside Edmund on one side of the table while Ryan and Sorcha sat on the other.

"So what do you think about my way of teaching?" Ryan asked curiously.

"Are the food here serve as bribes so we would say good things?" Luke teased.

"Haha you can be honest with me. I'm really curious since it's my first time handling a whole class." Ryan said.

"I think you're really good! You think so too guys, right?" Rica said to her friends.

"Mm. Mr. Ryan is indeed good at teaching." Luke answered truthfully.

Edmund nodded hurriedly in agreement as well. "You are a good teacher." He said while trying his best not to stutter.

"Thank you guys I appreciate your praises. It makes me feel that it's more worthwhile teaching now. Hmm, How about you miss Barrons? Do you think the same?" Ryan asked Sorcha.

"Mr. Ryan it's fine to call me by my first name, that's more comfortable to hear. And yes, I also think that you're good at teaching." Sorcha praised.

"Okay Sorcha, then I'll be calling you by your first name from now on. Having heard about your opinions, I am relieved." He sighed. "I'm actually nervous about how others think about me."

"It doesn't matter how other people think about you. As long as you yourself think that you're doing well and that you're trying your best, then that's enough." Sorcha advised.

"Haha I'm being lectured by my student now." Ryan joked while actually feeling warm after hearing what she said. Then the atmosphere turned even relaxed after that as they shared jokes every now and then.

Having finished eating, they walked towards the school's exit.

The three kids left after saying their goodbyes while only Ryan and Sorcha are standing side by side on the gates.

"Mr. Ryan is there something you want to ask me?" Sorcha looked at the person beside her.

"Oh haha, I just want to know how your father is doing." Ryan said. 'what a sharp kid' he praised inwardly.

Sorcha raised her brows then asked doubtfully, "You know my dad?"

"Yes. I met him before" He laughed "Can you greet him on my behalf?"

"Okay." Sorcha smiled then nodded. "Is that all?"

"Oh yes that's all." Ryan then raised his hands towards Sorcha's head, messing her hair playfully then said his thoughts out loud without noticing, "The general actually get to have a cute child like you."

Black lines formed on Sorcha's forehead. 'cute? child? Hmph if you're not my teacher I'd already scold you.' she then brushed his hands away.

Ryan turned stiff. He was shocked after being brushed off by sorcha. 'why did I do that?' he asked himself. It suddenly felt awkward.

"Thank you for your praise Mr. Ryan." Sorcha said with a forced smile.

"Ah, mm, you should go home now." He said after recovering.

"Mm. I'm going now sir. Thank you." Then she walked away.

Ryan stayed there as he wait till he no longer see her retreating back, no one knows what he's thinking.

7