Chapter 15: Why are you here?
602 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Marion was driving his car home when he saw fire in a nearby neighborhood. He stopped and decided to drive there to see if he can help.

When he got near the huge fire, he saw a woman wailing for help. A girl on her uniform with her back facing him walked towards that woman. After noticing that the girl managed to calm her down, he didn't get close anymore and instead looked again at the fire.

A few moments later, while he's helping some of the residents carry their belongings, he again saw the back of the girl from before. But now, she's carrying a child that's attached to her body, her hair in a mess, and small part of her uniform burned out.

Sirens where heard as the firemen came rushing to put out the fire. The little girl seemed to sigh in relief after hearing that.

Marion walked towards her while she's also walking away bringing the child to the woman who was crying a while ago.

"Ma'am here's your child" he heard her say. Giving the child to his mother after untying him from her body.

The woman's eyes turned big in shock and cried again after taking her child carefully.

"Thank you. Thank you." She repeatedly said.

"You're welcome" the calm voice of the girl sounded once again. He saw the little girls small and delicate body going away when he turned stiff all of a sudden then furrowed his brows. He rushed towards the girl and held her hands tightly, shouting, "why are you here!"

The girl is actually Sorcha who just saved the baby from fire. She flinched a bit feeling hurt by the sudden action of the guy who held her hands that are burned a while ago. She pursed her lips and said coldly, "why can't I be here?"

Marion noticed the small change in her face then looked at the small hands he's holding. He saw the burns on them and his voice lowered significantly then said, "come with me, let's treat your hands."

Before sorcha was able to refuse, she was already dragged away towards his car. Taking out a first aid kit, he gently cleaned the burns. After wrapping her hands with a bandage, he again spoke, "A young girl like you shouldn't be involved in this dangerous things. Look, you're injured"

Sorcha frowned then said, "I am already fine."

Marion just coldly stared at her in reply. His unfathomable deep black eyes were looking straight at her.

"I just wanted to help alright? and I'm also not just any little girl. I'm fine now and thank you for your help." Sorcha snapped then turned her back towards Marion. 'what's with him getting angry at me? We're not even close' she thought.

"I'm only concerned about you and that's what I get in return?" Marion said with a husky voice.

"I know you are concerned and I'm thankful for that but I don't really need it." She turned her head for a while then continued walking away.

After Sorcha left, Marion just stayed there for a while.

'the little girl seems to hate being underestimated.' Marion didn't know whether to be happy or not towards his new discovery about her.

He remembered how she look outside the burning house, carrying a child she just saved, then smiled. Appreciation was formed inside his heart.

He sighed then said to himself, 'What small and delicate young girl? She's like a tiger cub who's learning how to fight instead.' he laughed making the passersby stop and look at him in a daze. Some girls even looked at him with lovestruck eyes. He shook his head then went inside his car and drove away.

7