Chapter 21: Must be starving
517 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Sorcha found herself with nothing to do. She looked at the books on her table and pouted, 'I've finished them already.'

She glanced around her room. On the eastern part, there is a queen size bed covered in plain white sheets, with pillows and a blanket that are colored sky blue. The curtains on the window beside the bed, are swaying slightly as the clean air permeate the room. The western side of the room has an old bookshelf standing, where I neatly keep most of my books. There is a study table made of mahogany beside it with the books she borrowed from her father on top. On the southern part, there is a wooden door leading to my own bathroom and closet. The room is painted mostly white, with blue accenting the corners. Not being able to find something interesting to do, Sorcha strolled casually outside.

While taking a casual walk, she smelled something delicious from the kitchen and so, she decided to walk towards there.

When she entered, Sorcha saw her mom wearing a black apron flipping something out from a pan.

"Mom, what are you cooking?" she asked curiously.

Her mom turned around and said, "Oh I'm making pancakes for your dad and his guest. You want some as well?"

"Mm." she smiled then asked, "Can I try cooking too?"

"Oh! You want to learn how to cook?"

"Yes, can I?" she replied.

"Of course! Come just follow what I'm doing." Aria said.

~~

"I'm sorry for troubling you this time." Anthony said to the young man beside him.

"It's not troubling at all general." He replied.

"Ha, my wife is cooking something. How about we go there and eat?" Anthony suggested.

"Okay."

When they reached the kitchen, they inhaled something that smells burned.

"Is there a problem here?" Anthony asked as he entered.

Aria and Sorcha was there staring at each other.

"Ah, haha it's like this.. Sorcha tried cooking but it turned out burned a bit." Aria awkwardly answered.

"You call this burned a bit?" Anthony looked at the blackish thing on the table.

Sorcha blushed. Actually, this is the first time she ever tried cooking in both of her lives. She thought it was easy but didn't know that it could be so hard!

"Is this edible?" Anthony added.

She almost cried when she heard that. 'But I really tried hard doing that ah!' she thought.

"Dear it's the first time you tried to cook, so it's normal to not do well okay?" Aria consoled Sorcha.

Then someone else entered the kitchen. It was her father's guest. The young man looked at the 'food' on the table. One looks palatable while the other.. ehem.. doesn't look too good. Then he looked at Sorcha's face that looks pitiful, as if she's about to cry, and uncontrollably lifted his lips.

"You!" Sorcha shouted.

"You know each other?" Anthony asked.

"No"

"Yes"

Sorcha and Marion both said at the same time.

Then, the atmosphere suddenly turned awkward.

"Cough, ah he's my classmate's older brother. But I don't really know his name." Sorcha explained, embarassed.

Yes, the young man is actually Marion, Luke's older brother.

Marion frowned after hearing that. 'This girl, she really didn't know my name?'

"I see. Then you should get to know each other." Anthony said. "Marion, this is my precious little daughter, Sorcha. Sorcha this is Captain Marion William." He introduced.

Sorcha was inwardly shocked. 'This guy is actually a captain! So young?' She exclaimed inwardly.

Recovering from her thoughts she said a brief, "Hello."

Marion just nodded then walked towards the 'dark cuisine' Sorcha has made and lifted the fork to taste it.

Aria was just about to stop him when the food already reached his mouth.

Silence..

"Ah, how is it?" Sorcha said absent-mindedly. 'He could actually eat that? Even she, didn't dare to!'

"Good." He said without even changing his expression.

Silence again..

'Does this guy have an iron stomach?'

"You.. you don't have to eat that." Sorcha, awakened from her stupor said. She then tried to snatch the food from Marion, but Marion didn't let her take it and just continued eating.

The married couple just looked at each other thinking, 'What's happening?'

"Haha" Anthony laughed awkwardly. "You must be really starving."

 

Author's note:

Hello! If you like the novel, please leave a review!

You can also show your support by giving it a ❤️

 

Join me in discord: (it's quite lonely there)

https://discord.gg/96fmXXb

8