Chapter 4: Waking up in TRAUMLAND!
2.6k 14 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Third Person POV

"Wh- where am I?"(Reiko)

Reiko woke up in a daze, rubbing her eyes and inspecting the room she was in. It was a cozy room, a small window next to the wooden table, a comfy bed with a white blanket. Reiko, for the most part, was fine, except for the occasional bandaging here and there she was relatively normal. She took one foot off the bed. 

"ARE YOU AWAKE?"(???)

The door burst open suddenly, making Reiko jump in freight.

A well built, middle aged man, with a black beard and short hair appeared. He wore a sort of tunic and leather pants. 

"Ah, did I scary you? I'm sorry!"(???)

The tall man's voiced bloomed as he approached Reiko, bending down to her, he started to talk in a softer voice.

"You came to the gates of Traumland in a hurry with cuts and bruises! And you should know, we here in Traumland accept all foreigners! So we took you in and bandaged you up!"(???)

"t- th- thank you..."(Reiko)

Reiko stuttered for the man in front of her, dwarfed her in size, being nearly twice her height.

"Shy one aren't ya? Names Friedrich, FRIEDRICH EHRENWERT!"(Friedrich)

"m, my name... rei- reiko..."(Reiko)

"What was that? Couldn't catch you."(Friedrich)

"re- Reiko."(Reiko)

"What?"(Friedrich)

"Reiko."(Reiko)

"One more time?(Friedrich)

"REIKO!"(Reiko)

"Reiko, I see, sorry this uncle is so old he's basically nothing but bones! HAHAHA"(Friedrich)

Friedrich's laugh was as loud as a whale. He pat the back of Reiko, and not know his strength, pushed her down.

"ow..."(Reiko)

"Sorry, it's seems like this pile of dust still has some meat in em! HAHAHAHA"(Friedrich)

Friedrich continued to laugh at his jokes as he helped Reiko up.

"So, little Reiko, what brings you to Traumland?"(Friedrich)

"d- don't call me little a- and I came here for sh- shelter"(Reiko)

"Still a nervous aren't ya? Well to get into Traumland we need a little background check, so follow me Reiko and also wear these!"(Friedrich)

Friedrich said as he tossed a short khaki pants and a white shirt. Friedrich left the room and closed the door as he said.

"Leave this room after you finished dressing!"(Friedrich)

Reiko immediately got dressed after he left. Reiko tip-toed to open the door. The door opened slowly and she stepped out. Friedrich who was waiting outside gestured her to follow him, Reiko nodded her head. 

The two marched in the hallway, Reiko was amazed by the pattern and paintings on the walls. It was beautiful to say the least, the pattern was filled with colours of royal blue and gold, the paintings held depictions of heroes on horses1a couple our world animals exists in this universe and scenes of war.

"These are the wars and previous captain of Traumland."(Friedrich)

Before she knew it, they reached a massive, decorated door. Opening the door, Reiko was introduced to a man on a long table doing paper work. He had red shoulder length hair, he wore circular glasses and a blue overcoat.

"Friedrich, what brings you today and who is this child."(???)

"As strict as ever are you Claus?"(Friedrich)

Claus held the bridge of his nose and let out an annoyed sigh.

"I told you not to come here, to show me your nieces and nephews."(Claus)

"Hey hey, this is not my niece, also I came here to have her background checked."(Friedrich)

"Couldn't you get one of the inspectors to do it?"(Claus)

"Well I could, but this lass needed rest and she had practically nothing on her! And you know you're kinda the chief of these type of things."(Friedrich)

Friedrich patted the back of Reiko. Claus let out a slightly aggravated sigh, as he opened a cabinet nearby. He took a glass sphere and what seemed to be a piece of parchment. He also took out a small razor blade.

"Here cut your finger and put your blood on this. After that place both hands on the orb."(Claus)

Reiko was a bit reluctant but in the end she cut her index finger and smeared it on the parchment. At that moment the parchment dissipated into thin air.

"!!!"(Claus)

"!!!"(Friedrich)

"Friedrich.... where did you find this thing!?"(Claus)

"She just appeared at the front gate, I don't know!"(Friedrich)

"Kid what's your name"(Claus)

"Re- reiko"(Reiko)

"Listen, I am going to be frank, there is something wrong with you. Normally  the talisman will dissipate in the type of element you are compatible with, but never has it just disappeared. You have to keep quiet about this OK! If any of the neighbouring cities and countries find this out, you will be taken to be experimented on UNDERSTOOD!"(Claus)

"y- yes... why ar- are you telling me thi- is?"(Reiko)

"If any other city got a hold of you, who knows what would happen."(Claus)

"He's just worried about you!"(Friedrich)

Claus' face dropped in disbelief, his eyes shot open and his hand supporting his forehead. 

"Ok, let's switch the topic, put your hands on this and close your eyes."(Claus)

Reiko obediently listened and did her orders. As her hand touched the sphere, it began glowing in a light blue colour.

"What do you see Claus?"(Friedrich)

"I... do not know, it's strange."(Claus)

"What do you mean by that?"(Friedrich)

"What I mean is that a lot of things about her is missing, her blood relatives, her species, even her age is weird, it says 2 weeks to 10 years. The only thing that is clear is her name."(Claus)

Claus could only scratch his head in this predicament as sweat dripped down his face.

"FRIEDRICH! Get her out of here and question her about her origins, while I try to think."(Claus)

Claus suddenly shouted in a frustrated manner and ordered Friedrich to take her away. Listening to him, Friedrich grabbed Reiko's petite arm and left the room.

The two walked back to where Reiko first woke up, it was a quiet walk, only the footsteps that could be heard.

"Reiko, I know we just met, but keep everything that happened just now a secret. If the other cities found out about this, you could be taken and experimented on and quite possibly become an asset, like a weapon or an energy source."(Friedrich)

Friedrich told Reiko as they reached the cozy room.

"I'll be right back, stay here."(Friedrich)

Right after Friedrich have left, a familiar spirit emerged.

"I'm guessing you are worried about what just happened huh?"(Cheryl)

"yes..."(Reiko)

"It's going to fine, people in Traumland are good and accepting people. You can live here maybe as an apprentice to an alchemist or a libr-"(Cheryl)

"No, I... have someone to find."(Reiko)

Reiko interrupted Cheryl, taking the latter off guard. 

"And who might this person be?"(Cheryl)

"It's someone special, someone I have too look after."(Reiko)

Before Cheryl could pry any further, the door opened to reveal the uncle holding a sheet of paper and small gem. Cheryl disappeared before Friedrich could even see her.

"I will be asking you some questions before you can officially enter. This gem here is called the gem of truth! It tells me whether you are lying or not, so don't try a fast one on this old man!"(Friedrich)

Friedrich sat down on a chair that was too small for him. He moved Reiko's hand onto the gem of truth.

"First question, where do you come from?"(Friedrich)

"the forest..."(Reiko)

The gem glowed in a greenish hue in response to Reiko's answer.

"Next question, are you affiliated with an organization or a clan?"(Friedrich)

"I.. don't think so."(Reiko)

Yet again the gem glowed green.


A couple minutes had passed and the inspection was finally over.

"Alright kid, you are clean! I Friedrich Ehrenwet officially welcome Reiko ..... er young lass, what's your last name?"(Friedrich)

"k- ketsui..."(Reiko)

"I FRIEDRICH EHRENWERT OFFICIALLY WELCOME REIKO KETSUI TO TRAUMLAND!"(Friedrich)

As he said that he took out a party blower made of paper and played it. Reiko's cheeks blushed because of the welcoming.

"By the way, kid do ya have money for food and shelter?"(Friedrich)

Reiko's head turned her down and shook it left to right a bit ashamed.

"HAHAHA! Don't look so gloom, you can always take shelter here in the Traumland army! But of course you would have to work!"(Friedrich)

Reiko brushed off her sweat.

"Well what are you waiting for go out and see Traumland for yerself! Oh yeah!, here's a map of the army base and Traumland"(Friedrich)

He grabbed a map on the table and gave it to Reiko. Reiko slightly bobbed her head, and made her way of the room. Friedrich had waved her goodbye. 

Following the map, she quickly made her way out of the army base, bowing to everyone she saw.

Traumland was breathtaking to say the least. It had European styled buildings with evergreen trees accompanying almost all of them. The streets were paved with limestone and decorated with flowers. The town was lively, with merchants trying to get attention of possible customers, the couples holding hands, the street musicians entertaining the crowd, it made the air full of vigour.

"Oi! Wait up!"(???)

Reiko turned her, and saw a young woman. Her left eye was hidden by a black eyepatch, her hair was a dark navy blue. She wore a worn out overcoat and long brown pants. 

"Names Faye, Captain Friedrich told me to show ya 'round town."(Faye)

"h- hello... my na-"(Reiko)

"Reiko, I know yer name, Captain told me."(Faye)

"C- captain?"(Reiko)

"Eh? Didn't that geezer tell ya he's the captain?"(Faye)

"n- no"(Reiko)

"Oh well, doesn't matter."(Faye)

As Faye said that, she grabbed Reiko's arm and took her to an area surrounded by small buildings.

"This here is the shoppin' district"(Faye)

As Faye said she shot a glare at Reiko, sending shivers down her spine.

"That ova there is the clothe shop, we're going there"(Faye)

Faye took Reiko away, giving her no room to question or refute.

"Welcome, how may we assist you today."(Employee)

"Get her something nice, whatever  she's wearin' is ugly."(Faye)

"With pleasure"(Employee)

Reiko swore she saw the employee's face turning into a devilish smile. Her fight or flight instincts went off before the employee took Reiko away.

Reiko's eyes formed spirals, as the employee measured her entire body at lightning fast speed. Reiko's brain was all jumbled up, unable to comprehend such speed. The employee soon finished the measurements and left Reiko in the changing room alone. Letting out a sigh, she was glad it was over.... at least she thoughts so.

"hyaa!"(Reiko)

The employee barged into the room, removing Reiko's clothes and dressed her in a new one. It was the first time Reiko had worn women's underwear and it felt a bit weird for her, but too bad for her, she wasn't given breathing room to contemplate.

Reiko's soul left her body, as she came out of the changing room, wearing a a brown dress and a white blouse. Faye blushed a bit before returning back to her stern face.

"Is there something else? Other than a dress?"(Reiko)

Reiko's pleas fell onto deaf ears, as Faye brought two more dresses. 

All colour was drained out of Reiko.


At the end of the day, Faye bought Reiko 4 dresses, 3 pairs of socks and 7 underwear.

There was no life left in Reiko. Her face dropped, her eyes were grey, however she still thanked Faye for buying her clothes.

It was late into the night Reiko was in the army base on her bed.

"Why aren't you a cute thing!"(Cheryl)

Cheryl was met with silence. Cheryl's cheeks puffed up as her hands were on her hips.

"Rood."(Cheryl)

"s- sorry.."(Reiko)

"well at least you apologised, sooo how's your day been? Had fun?"(Cheryl)

"I was a dress up doll the entire time..."(Reiko)

"hhehehehe"(Cheryl)

"..."(Reiko)

"It's getting late, come over here, get to bed."(Cheryl)

Reiko sluggishly walked towards the bed and collapsed on it.

"Goodnight Reiko."(Cheryl)

Cheryl was met with silence, however, this time it was not because of attitude but rather Reiko had already fallen asleep.

 

a

91