Chapter 8: Faye’s Reunion
1.9k 5 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reiko POV

One more... I felt my arms were about to burst, it was just that sore. There was just one more left and I almost close to finishing. 

"Wow, good job."(Emery)

Miss Emery has been watching me this entire time, moving one crate to another. It took a while and my body was about implode, but I am now finished. Right after I finished I stood proudly about to get my reward! Well, not really, I fell down onto my back, unable to move a muscle. 

"Well here you go, 150 quils"(Emery)

Did she just gave me double? It must be a mistake...

"e- excuse me, miss Hufschmied, I think you, you gave me double what I- I am supposed to get..."(Reiko)

I asked in a soft, quiet voice as she placed the quils on my hand.

"Oh, no, since you did such a good job, I gave you double your pay."(Emery)

"b- but"(Reiko)

"Just accept it."(Emery)

She had an affirmative voice as she clasped my arm and helped me up. 

"Upsy, daisy."(Emery)

My legs felt like it was about to collapse just by the blow of the wind. It was one of the worst things I've experienced ever since I came to this world. 

"I'll be off to work, you can wait here for your legs to get better."(Emery)

She gave me a smile as she walked away. 

"So, what will are you gonna do with that money little Rei?"(Cheryl)

Oh no, it has returned. 

After Emery left Cheryl appeared and asked me a question. 

"I am gonna save it for travel."(Reiko)

"... Hey Reiko, why do you want to travel? I mean you can stay here and lead a peaceful life."(Cheryl)

"b- eacause there is someone I have to find..."(Reiko)

"Reiko, listen to me, you should choose a peaceful life than one of danger."(Cheryl)

"NO! I have to find her first."(Reiko)

Cheryl was taken aback by my outburst. 

"I'm sorry for shouting..."(Reiko)

I felt a hand on my hand, it was Cheryl's hand. She had an empathetic look on her face.

"Well, if that's something you really have to do, then I won't stop you. But care to tell me who this special someone is?"(Cheryl)

"uhm, no thank you."(Reiko)

Cheryl clenched her heart and backed away a little.

"H- has my little Rei already enter her rebellious stage."(Cheryl)

Chery said as she wiped her crocodile tears.

"uhhh."(Reiko)


An hour passed and my body started to feel better, I was able to get on my feet and start moving, although sluggishly. 

I looked outside and saw that the sun has already set. 

"Hey, kid, are you lost? You shouldn't be out this late."(Man)

A man clad in armor approached me and bent down. 

"Uhh... I, is it illegal to be out late?"(Reiko)

"Oh, haven't you heard? There is a new curfew. Where are your parents?"(guard)

"I- uh, uhm I...."(Reiko)

I started to panic, what was I going to tell him, I just happened to finish work late and am going to the army base?

"She's with me."(Faye)

I heard a familiar voice and when I turned my head I saw Faye. 

"We were just headin' to the army base and I needed ta use the bathroom. Don mind us."(Faye)

She grabbed my arm and made a retreat back to the army base.

When we got back home she took me to my room. 

"I should mention that the new curfew for the city is 8 o'clock, so make sure not to spend to much time dilly dallyin'."(Faye)

She said as she opened the door about the leave.

"Then why were you and the soldiers out?"(Reiko)

"Patrol."(Faye)

She said as she left the room.


Faye POV

Time sure flies slowly when ya don want it to. Me and my crew were patrollin' the streets late into the night. Most children and adults were all tuckered out while we had to break our own backs. Well I guess it's my fault for joinin' the army in the first place.

"Oi you, see anythin'."(Faye)

"No mam!"(guard)

Still nothin' huh? Guess I gotta wait a while before anythin' happens, if it happens at all.

Time slowly marched on while I just sat on the bench doin' absolutely nothin'. Hours have passed and still not a single sightin' of him.

"Code Red!"(guard)

There was a loud cry from a guard nearby. He was near.

I sprinted towards the sound, axe on hand and guards tailing me behind. I ran like the wind, passing houses and stores. 

Reaching the area of the cry, I was greeted by him.

He was large with a toned body and long messy hair, he wore a white mask and held an unconscious guard by the neck. It was no doubt him.

"It's been a while, Erwin."(Faye)

"I do not know of this Erwin, I am Hunter"(Hunter)

"DON'T SCREW WITH ME WITH THAT LEVEL OF BULLCRAP! I KNOW THAT VOICE FROM ANYWHERE!"(Faye)

"Tch, you really are the same Faye aren't ya? Always foul-mouthed, rude, stubborn and unwomanly."(Erwin)

I was about ta explode, I felt the fumes coming out of my nose. Calm down, were my thoughts, I can't let him get away again.

"I'd really prefer our little reunion to be kept short, so goodbye, tell Friedrich hello for me."(Erwin)

Erwin through an orange ball at me as fast he could. At that moment I gathered whatever mana I had and formed a rough gust of wind to redirect it away from anyone or anything.

"Didn't think you would have practiced magic, too bad it's not going to mean a thing."(Erwin)

Erwin charged at me with his fast balled. I couldn't react, I felt his hands drillin' into my stomach. I felt the wind knocking out of my body. How did that kid even survive. I quickly got back to my senses, and swung my axe at him. He turn his body, only being grazed by my axe.

I threw a swing to force him to dodge to the side. I gathered wind in my palms and unleashed a gust to his side. Blood scattered everywhere as it was his flesh was torn off.

"You little-"(Erwin)

I saw a fist flyin' to my face, I moved my head to dodge it, but then I felt a sharp pain on my side. 

My balance staggered, he really was a monster. Never in my years of battle and training have I been kicked that hard. I tried to get up but Erwin only kept on striking me left to right. The soldiers tried to help for it to do nothin', he merely swatted them off like flies, usin' those bombs of his.

Every hit broke somethin' in me, whether a bone or somethin'. At this point I should have just tanked it but this guy ain't no run of the mill clan leader, I knew this better than anyone else.

"Remember Faye, this was your choice, if you had not betrayed me a decade ago this would not have happened."(Erwin)

That bastard.

"You bastard!"(Faye)

Right after I said that, I felt the hard strike on my face, my vision hazy, my body givin' up. 

I saw Erwin takin' down my comrades one by one, each one unconscious on the ground. It felt horrible seein' it all happen and being helpless to do anythin'. My brain was shuttin' down but I kept on holdin' on.

"Listen Faye, next time you might actually die, so be careful and think before you act."(Erwin)

As he said he disappeared into the shadow, leavin' zero traces on where he went.

"D- DAMMN YOUU!"(Faye)

I heard multiple footsteps coming towards me, it must have belonged to backup. I have failed to defeat him, but there was still the silver linin', we know he is alive, and he is back.


Third Person POV

The birds tweeted a sweet tune on the tranquil morning. Rays of sunshine passed through the window, shining on the bandaged, temporarily incapacitated young woman. 

knock, knock

"h- hello? I- is Ms. Faye in here?"(Reiko)

As the door slowly appeared, a little girl emerged, holding a small cake on a plate.

"Oi, Reiko I am right over here!"(Faye)

Reiko slowly walked to Faye, making sure to not drop the plate.

"Uhm, this is for you."(Reiko)

She handed the injured woman the treat. A small smile formed on the corner of Faye's mouth as she gratefully accepted it.

"Thanks kid."(Faye)

...

There was nothing but silence.

"This is, good, did ya make it?"(Faye)

"ah no, I bought it..."(Reiko)

"Then tell the baker that it's good for me, kay?"(Faye)

"okay..."(Reiko)

...

"Uhm, are you feeling any better?"(Reiko)

Faye giggled a little at Reiko's answer.

"Hell no, I'd rather be dead!"(Faye)

"but then, then why are you so... happy?"(Reiko)

Faye's smile turned melancholic. She had nostalgic thoughts circling in her head.

"I'm not happy at all."(Faye)

"then wh-"(Reiko)

"But, I keep on movin' forward. I always thought that, if you never give up, you will never truly lose."(Faye)

Faye stared at the half eaten cake, lost in her thought.

It was forever ago since she had last seen Erwin, her heart tugged, she had hoped to have been reunited with him, but not like this. A warm tear flowed down her face.

'Why are ya gettin' so emotional!? Get together Faye!'(Faye's thought)

She was a bird stuck in a cage, strong enough to fly, but not enough to break free. 

"It's ok."(Reiko)

Reiko pulled the lass into a hug, which albeit was a bit too tight and it was in a weird position, but nonetheless Faye accepted it.

"I know it also hurts to have a broken bone... ah, I'm sorry, if I... hurt you... Sorry... sorry"(Reiko)

"Eh?"(Faye)

Reiko quickly let go of the flabbergasted woman. Reiko was completely flustered, her eyes forming a big O, her arms shaking like a branch on a windy day.

"I'm sorry, oh, uh, uhm, uh, I, here."(Reiko)

Reiko grabbed a nearby cloth in hysteria.

"PhhHAHAHAHA!"(Faye)

"Uhm, Ms. Faye?"(Reiko)

"Kid, you are really something else."(Faye)

"so, Ms. Faye are you fine?"(Reiko)

Faye had a sinister grin on her face and her eyes glowed.

"Ow! OW! Kid I think you broke something, and the only way to fix it, is to, ow, is to call me big sister Faye."(Faye)

"Uh, I don't think that is nec-"(Reiko)

"OW! OW!"(Faye)

"I uh, ahh, uh."(Reiko)

"OW! OW! OW!"(Faye)

"ar- are you ok... big sister Faye?"(Reiko)

"AHAHAHA! Can't believe you actually did it!"(Faye)

"ah..."(Reiko)

Reiko's face was coloured red. She tried to hide her face with her hands.

"Hey, kid, after we sort all this Erwin business, why not I take you hikin', ya really need to get some backbone, of course, I won't be pushin' you too hard, since ya still a kid."(Faye)

"Hold on, who's Erwin?"(Cheryl)

Cheryl emerged from thin air, her face had a suspicion look to it.

"ah, you see, it's nothin' to worry 'bout."(Faye)

"No, no, it sounds awfully important, I think it's better for us to know."(Cheryl)

Cheryl's tone was like a knife, sharp and dangerous. 

Sweat went down the side of Faye's head. Thoughts of whether she should tell them or not running in her head.

She took a deep breath, before opening her mouth.

"He's.... the man you saw last day."(Faye)

Is my pacing too fast?

66