Chapter 9.5: A little bit of Magic Training
1.3k 5 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person POV

"A bit rood to drive us out."(Cheryl)

Cheryl said after the two left Faye's room.

"I think she was doing something else and we were disturbing her."(Reiko)

"Well, if she wants to be alone all like that, then let's go do something else by ourselves!"(Cheryl)

"yeah... instead of doing work, I want to try some magic again."(Reiko)

"Oh, then I'll help you with that!"(Cheryl)

 Cheryl looked a bit disappointed at first but her face soon became resolute, as she and Reiko went back to their rooms.


"Now, we know your magic is.... off, but I think we can still use the principle of magic!"(Cheryl)

"Remember what I said about circulating mana to your hands, well magic is more complex than that.... and well.... I am not really qualified to explain... haha.."(Cheryl)

Cheryl's eyes turned to the side as she let out a dry laugh.

"Back to the topic, magic has a lot of variations and what I did is a very simple form of magic. Many wizards use chants to help keep focus and visualize spells. There are a couple who can use spells without any chants or whatever like that, but they are rare."(Cheryl)

"Since your magic is baseless... let's not do anything fancy, just try to circulate mana and move it around."(Cheryl)

Reiko nodded with a resolved face, as she tried with every ounce of her body, gather mana into her palms. A small white light emerged at the center of her hands, it soon formed to a ball, then it grew larger and larger and larger, until it became 5cm wide. Reiko squeezed her eyes, using everything she got to change the shape of the mana. It was starting to shift, although very slowly, Reiko's face was getting red, but she did not give up until the mana, completely changed shape. 

"Reiko, you're doing it!"(Cheryl)

Reiko quickly opened her eyes and saw that the ball became a little star. She felt something on her head, looking upwards she saw Cheryl with a wide smile on her face, patting her.

"Soon enough, you will become a pro!"(Cheryl)

Chery said while she gave her a thumbs up. 

"Now, we have to keep doing that until it becomes as big as a head!"(Cheryl)

Colour flushed out of Reiko's face.

"until wha?"(Reiko)

"Until it's as big as a human head, that's how I did when I was younger."(Cheryl)

"oh..."(Reiko)


It was a starry night sky. Inside a small certain room, in a certain building, in a certain city, laid an exhausted white haired girl.

"You did wonderfully today!!!"(Cheryl)

Cheryl said to the girl half-unconscious girl. 

"You managed to make as big as this!"(Cheryl)

Cheryl gestured her hands, making a small spherical shape.

"Since it's late outside, let's go get some dinner!"(Cheryl)

"ok.."(Reiko)

Reiko said, as she was carried out of the room to the cafeteria.


"Come on eat up!"(Cheryl)

Cheryl happily hummed as she got the girl a small plate of chicken and chips. Reiko lazily took the chicken and chomped into it. Her world lit up as she savored the flavour. It had a crispy texture that made her smile in euphoria. 

"Enjoying it?"(Cheryl)

Reiko excitedly nodded as she took a another bite. It truly was heaven to her.

 

Here's an amateurish sketch I made at midnight

Spoiler

[collapse]

I'm no artist, but I promise to get better! SOMEDAY!

50