Chapter 15: Goodbye, Traumland!
1.1k 7 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person POV

Clouds drifted in the sky, full of tranquility. Everyday has been as peaceful as ever, the streets roaming with the jubilant residents. The sun was high in the air, beaming with a wide smile. 

Inside a small, humble room, was a white haired girl, stuffing her giant backpack. 

"Whatcha gonna do with all of this?"(Cheryl)

Cheryl was by her side as she folded and packed her clothes. 

"I have enough money for traveling, so I am packing my stuff."(Reiko)

"I see."(Cheryl)

Cheryl smiled as she pat the little girl's head. 

It's been a while since the incident. Erwin has been apprehended, and is being interrogated at the moment. Most victims of the incident had made a full recovery or are recovering. Speaking of full recovery...

"Oi, Reiko, I got a treat for ya!"(Faye)

The door slammed open, revealing the blue haired Faye. She had a slice of strawberry cake on a plate. 

"Here ya go!"(Faye)

Faye handed the treat to Reiko.

"Oh, thank you."(Reiko)

Reiko's face was brighter than the sun as she took a bite out of the cake. The frosting coated her tongue as her teeth sunk into the soft delectable cake. 

"Oi, Reiko, what is all this?"(Faye)

Faye asked, pointing towards the bag on the bed. 

"oh this, this is my supplies for traveling."(Reiko)

"I see...."(Faye)

Faye had a disappointed look on her face as she said that.

"well, the captain wants to see ya, come I'll you to him."(Faye)

Faye grabbed Reiko's arm and pulled her across the building. They soon made their way to the a large wooden door. As the door opened, Reiko saw an injured man on a huge bed. 

"Welcome, Reiko!"(Friedrich)

Friedrich's voice boomed as he waved his one movable arm. 

"uhm, hello."(Reiko)

"HAHAHAHA, No need to be so stiff! Come over here will ya?"(Friedrich)

Reiko nodded and came to Friedrich's side. 

"Here you go."(Friedrich)

Friedrich grabbed a nearby bag and gave it to Reiko.

"wh- what is this?"(Reiko)

"It's compensation for taking care of Erwin."(Friedrich)

Reiko's eyes shot open like a dead fish when she opened the bag. 

"i- isn't this too much!?"(Reiko)

"Not at all, exactly 100000 quils, same as the amount we set up in the commissioner's guild!"(Friedrich)

Spirals formed in Reiko's eye, her brain was shutting down.

"I uh, um, I, thank you!"(Reiko)

Reiko hurriedly bowed at the man. 

"HAHAHA, now you can buy anything you want, even a house!"(Friedrich)

"actually, I- um I am going to use it for travel..."(Reiko)

"Is that so? Where are you planning to go to?"(Friedrich)

"I... don't really know.."(Reiko)

Reiko hung her head down in response.

"Heh, that's fine, nothing wrong with being adventurous! Say, when are ya planning on leaving?"(Friedrich)

"I was actually going to leave today..."(Reiko)

"Well then, I hope you luck, Reiko."(Friedrich)

As he said that, Friedrich's hand stroked Reiko's head. 

"thank you."(Reiko)

After the while Reiko and Faye left the room.

"oi, Reiko."(Faye)

"Y- yes?"(Reiko)

"Since ya leavin',"(Faye)

Faye froze for a bit, her hair covering her eyes. 

"y- yeah?"(Reiko)

Reiko could only reply nervously.

"since ya leavin'...... I WILL MAKE THIS THE BEST DAY IN YAR BREATHIN' LIFE!"(Faye)

Irises changed into burning fire, as Faye took Reiko away as if she weighed nothing.

"huh?"(Reiko)

Faye was the strong wind and Reiko was the leaf. Moving from place to place, leaving Reiko confused. They dashed to a small wooden stand. Faye's hand banged onto the the stand, putting money onto it.

"Give us somethin' good old man!"(Faye)

The cook was fast, preparing the grill, seasoning the meat, and before anyone could comprehend it, he finished the meal. The meal was bread with a meat filling. Its sauce was warm and just melted on your tongue. Faye hastily shoved the meal into her mouth and swallowed it as soon as it was on her tongue. Reiko took a small bite. Her eyes lit up, the air was full of dancing flowers. Immediately after taking the first bite, she began biting more and more, until the entire thing was stuffed into her face, making her look like a small chipmunk. 

Right as Reiko finished, Faye held her arm and took her to the next location.

Reiko felt chills down her spine and heard dramatic music in the background. It was the clothes shop. Sweat ran down her head as she was forced into the shop. 

"Here, try this! How about this! No this!"(Faye)

Faye was nothing but a blur when she rushed from dress to dress, shirt to shirt. Reiko's mouth was wide open, twitching, her eyes wide open with pupils swirling.

In all the mayhem, something caught the little girl's eye. A navy blue coat, with a hood that had pockets for her ears. There was a glint in her eye when she saw it, she really wanted it. 

"f- Faye, can I have this?"(Reiko)

"hmmm?"(Faye)

Faye's head turned to see what Reiko was referring to.

"Of course, actually that there suits you pretty well!"(Faye)

Faye said while inspecting the coat. She then took the outfit to the check out. 

"w- wait, Faye, I just remembered I can pay for this."(Reiko)

Faye replied with a smirk and a pat to the head, proceeding with the purchase. 

"and, here ya go."(Faye)

Faye dressed Reiko with the coat, pulling the hood right after. 

"Look how cute ya re!"(Faye)

Faye said with her eyes sparkling.

"uh, thank you."(Reiko)

The day passed quickly, with Faye taking Reiko everywhere, from shop to the park. Every now and then, Cheryl would appear to scold Faye for making Reiko do something dangerous.

The sky was soon covered in the blanket of the night, making the two head back to the base. 

Stars filled the sky, lighting it up to a beautiful royal blue. There was a full moon high in the sky. Reiko was sitting on the bed, gazing at the night sky. 

"Yahoo, are you ready to leave?"(Cheryl)

"yeah, I am."(Reiko)

As she said that, Reiko wore her backpack and made her way to the door. 

The walk down the hallway was long, at least longer than usual. Her heart was tugging, reminiscing on the paintings. 

"I'm gonna miss here."(Reiko)

Reiko softly said, accidentally. 

"It's fine, we can always come back anytime!"(Cheryl)

Cheryl cheered, causing Reiko to blush in the colour red. 

"y- yea..."(Reiko)

Reiko made her way to a massive decorated door. She lightly tapped on it and after hearing the word of confirmation 'come in' she pushed it open. 

"h- hello Mr. Claus?"(Reiko)

"Reiko? What is it?"(Claus)

Claus quickly took a glance and immediately went back to his duty.

"I was leaving today.... and I wanted to say, th- thank you for giving me food and shelter all this time... ah, I'm sorry, I didn't think of getting you a gift..."(Reiko)

Claus grinned and said

"It's fine and also you're welcome. Goodbye Ms. Ketsui"(Claus)

"g- goodbye Mr. Claus."(Reiko)

Reiko left the room and made her way elsewhere. She passed by the idle soldiers and went to a wooden door, it was the door to Friedrich's room. 

She knocked and then entered, meeting the middle-aged man. 

"Reiko? what brings you to this lame room?"(Friedrich)

"Mr. Ehrenwert, I- thank you for everything a- and GOODBYE.... sorry for not having any gifts..."(Reiko)

"Heh, forget about little Reiko. Come visit us from time to time okay?"(Friedrich)

"o- okay."(Reiko)

After that, Reiko went to look for Faye, to say goodbye to her. She looked and looked and looked. Searching the cafeteria, searching the bathrooms. She moved from room to room, peeking her head to see every nook and cranny. She looked everywhere, yet got no results. 

A dejected sigh left her mouth; she left the gate approaching the gate. 

"time really flies..."(Reiko)

Reiko huffed as she slowly opened the gate. 

"OI! Reiko wait!"(Faye)

Suddenly, Faye appeared out of nowhere, running to the little girl. 

"Hold on, a~nd there ya go."(Faye)

Faye's arm extended, tying something around Reiko's coat. It was a quaint, dark blue bow. 

"Thought ya coat looked a bit bland, so I got this bow for ya."(Faye)

"uh, thank you."(Reiko)

Reiko stumbled, making Faye lightly chuckle. 

"I got this when I was a lil' girl like you. hehe. Whenever you see this, always remember who gave it to ya."(Faye)

Faye smiled, showing her white teeth in full view. 

"I, I- uh I..."(Reiko)

Reiko stuttered for a bit before making a determined face and saying

"I WILL! THANK YOU!"(Reiko)

Soon, Reiko left, waving her arm high in the air.

"Goodbye Faye! I'll come visit!"(Reiko)

Reiko had her head high in the air, gazing at the starry night sky, ready to face any challenges in front of her.

A short chapter while at the same the conclusion to the first minor arc.

I hope everyone is enjoying it so far.

The next minor arc will, most likely, be fluffier. Also I most likely will change up the character designs often.

Ps. Some characters here may make a return.

Thank you for reading! -Kumiho

41