Chapter 17: The Cloaked Man
1.1k 9 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reiko POV

"Do it again! DO IT AGAIN!"(Kamoume)

"o- Okay."(Reiko)

I smiled as the little fire danced on my hand. Kamoume seems to be enjoying it a lot, it... really is nice to see little children smile.1says the shorter one The fire moved left and then right, then up and down, like it was trapeze artist.

Being frank, I don't really get it. I've just, suddenly got the ability to manipulate fire after I fought Erwin. It... really doesn't make any sense. One moment I couldn't use an element, now it feels as natural as breathing, it's very strange, but, I don't really mind, maybe it's Ms. Goddess Statera giving me a little cheat... haha, probably not. It's probably just something I could've done and I was just not strong enough to do it. Well, at least I can do it now!

It became a little man, dancing like a smooth criminal. He waved his little nub, jumping and trotting, he was being praised by the claps from Kamoume.

"You're so gooood!!! Can you make it bigger?"(Kamoume)

"yeah."(Reiko)

I put in more mana into the fire, making it bigger and bigger, brighter and hotter. It felt like being a really good chef and having fire on the frying pan, well not really felt but more lie, what I think it would feel like, since I won't ever be that good. 

"Now Reiko, Kamoume. We are in a wooden carriage, fire can burn the entire thing. Stop before you bring trouble."(Moume)

"Okay mommy!"(Kamoume)

"y- yes m'am."(Reiko)

The fire from my hand dissipated as soon as Mrs. Moume told me to. Kamoume had a little frown on her face, before it changed back to a big smile. 

"MOMMY, can you get the bag with my toys?"(Kamoume)

"What's the magic word?"(Moume)

"Puh-leaaaaase?"(Kamoume)

"Alright."(Moume)

Mrs. Moume then got up and reached for a bag from the top of the ceiling and brought it to us. Kamoume dug into the bag like a mole and then took out a kendama like toy with a paddle on the bottom and a blue ball. 

"Reiko, let's play mori ball!"(Kamoume)

what's mori ball?

"uh... what's mori ball?"(Reiko)

...

Kamoume, simply stared at me, mouth wide open.

"You're weird."(Kamoume)

uhmu... I mean, it's not first time being called weird, but it still hurts.

"But that's ok! I'll just tell you how to play! You just have to-"(Kamoume)

"Everyone take cover! We're surrounded!"(Tofu)

Tofu told everyone to take cover as the carriage halted in its tracks. 

I rushed towards the outside to see the situation and what I saw, blew me away. They were walliopters, except, unlike last time, there were about sixty of them... five times the amount there was last time. 

Dead eyes stared at the carriage hungrily. As soon as the first one leapt, the others followed. Mana gathered to my hands and burst out at the monsters. One died, and another came to replace it. Orange and red covered the entire area, yet they still pursued. I felt... kinda bad, even if I was forced. At first I killed only a few, but now, it felt like I was killing an entire species.

They kept on coming and coming continuing the onslaught without thought. Flames ate each one of them up without fail. 

As they kept on coming and coming, I failed to notice one thing.

"Reiko watch out!"(Cheryl)

Cheryl appeared out of no where; I turned my head to see a walliopter coming towards me. It snuck up on me, and I can't move fast enough to kill it. I am doomed. 

But, I wasn't

Suddenly the something shot through the walliopter's skull, killing it. It was an arrow. I turned my head to see who shot it and saw a man? The man moved swiftly slicing and dicing all the walliopters with a chipped stone sword, eliminating all the remaining monsters. 

At the end of it all, there remained nothing but the carcasses of the creatures. The man stood triumphantly, cloaked in a dark grey coat with his weapon on hand. 

"Is everyone alright? Have they been killed?"(Moume)

Mrs. Moume came out from the carriage and shouted. The weird man stood still for a few seconds, glaring at Mrs. Moume... was he in love? I mean, yeah, Mrs. Moume is pretty, pretty... but isn't weird to fall in love after killing an animal? Or am I the weird one for making this assumption out of the blue. Ahhh, don't get distracted me! 

The man soon took off the hood, revealing, long and messy, very messy, bone white hair. He... didn't look like a warrior, not one bit. His face was boney like he had not eaten in weeks, and his skin... was very pale, I mean, I myself am not tan but... he... he looked he was on his death bed.

 He slowly approached Mrs. Moume with his sword sheathed. 

"Hello miss, it seemed like you had a little tussle with these things. Thought it wouldn't hurt to give a hand or two."(mysterious man)

"Thank you. My name is Moume and this here is my daughter Kamoume, say thank you dear."(Moume)

Mrs. Moume gestured towards Kamoume.

"THANK YOU MISTER!"(Kamoume)

And she followed with a sparkling wide eyes and a big, clumsy bow.

"No problemo, anyways that'd be 50 quils."(mystery man)

...

At that moment Mrs. Moume reached towards her purse and pulled out the money.

"Just kidding, no need to pay, it was nothing but a joke. But what isn't a joke is how captivating your eyes are."(mystery man)

"o- oh..."(Moume)

Ahhhhh! He's actually flirting! He has a thing for Mrs. Moume! 

"well... then how should we pay you for your troubles?"(Moume)

"you can pay me later, when we're alone~"(mysterious man)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! THERE IS A CHILD HERE!

"How about food and travel, we're going to P’horruki Village."(Moume)

"tch, fine."(mystery man)

"I again would like to thank you  Mr...."(Moume)

"...kite, my names Kite."(Kite)

"Thank you Mr. Kite"(Moume)


"And then, out of nowhere came out a massive vicious mouth with rows of razor teeth!"(Kite)

"HYAAH!"(Kamoume)

Kamoume ducked in freight and shivered in fear. It was already night time and we had set up camp and were roasting some pork-like meat. Mr. Kite was telling stories of when he said he used to adventure. Kamoume was engrossed in the story and I wouldn't lie, he wasn't bad at story telling at all. I felt like I was actually seeing it first hand!

It really has been nice, it's nice to see the stars in sky, it's nice to see nature instead of grey concrete. It is simply, amazing.

It's getting late and everyone has went to sleep, I should go to bed too. My eyelids were getting heavy, a soft yawn left my mouth and I gently drifted off to dreamland... or at least should've.

"yoohoo, are you awake little Rei?"(Cheryl)

"yes I am, hello Cheryl"(Reiko)

Cheryl woke me up as I was about to go to sleep, but that's fine, I have slept less, but I am still a bit sleepy. 

"is there something wrong?"(Reiko)

"Nope, I just wanted to see little Reiko!"(Cheryl)

"oh ok."(Reiko)

Cheryl then hugged me and helped me up. 

"It seems like you have become good friends with Kamoume. I'm so happy that my little Reiko is making friends."(Cheryl)

Cheryl wiped off a non-existent tear on her face. 

"yeah."(Reiko)

I said sleepily. I felt a hand on the top of my head.

"You little rascal better enjoy your childhood while it lasts, ok?"(Cheryl)

But... I am an adult.

"i am an adult..."(Reiko)

"yes you are, yes you are."(Cheryl)

Cheryl said that while making a smile with her eyes closed... I don't think she meant what she said...

"I am serious."(Reiko)

"yes you are."(Cheryl)

She really is not taking me seriously. I made a very scary angry face at her. She removed her hand on my head, ahah! She has yielded! I knew I could be scary if I tried! Or not... 

She grabbed hold of both sides of my cheeks and stretched out like it was jelly! It hurts! It was becoming red, why must you be so cruel. A single tear left my eye and Cheryl reacted by laughing! This is so unfair, I'm going to pinch her cheeks when I grow up! .... wait... no... huh?  

Ahhh, my head hurts... 

Cheryl eventually let go of my cheeks, leaving me rubbing them to ease the pain.

"What a squishy face you have."(Cheryl)

"I hate you."(Reiko)

"Eh?"(Cheryl)

Cheryl was tearing up. I uhm, I didn't really mean it, ah she's starting to cry! What do I do? I didn't want to make her sad, uh.. uh....  Wh- what should I, I

"I'm sorry!"(Reiko)

She made a complete 180, her tears completely disappeared! I've been tricked! I'm so stupid, umu.

"All is forgiven!"(Cheryl)

Cheryl said pulling me into a really tight hug. 

Danger! Danger! Running out of oxygen!

"c.... eath..."(Reiko)

"What was that Reiko?"(Cheryl)

"hhhh"(Reiko)

"oh, oops!"(Cheryl)

Cheryl released me, allowing me to live another day. I laid on the grass, gasping for ai- neigh, gasping for life. Cheryl was looking at me from the side, with a single droplet of sweat on the side of her head.

"sorry!"(Cheryl)

Note: do not anger Cheryl.

 

Is Reiko an adult? (Don't be creepy)
  • Yes Votes: 27 22.5%
  • NO Votes: 93 77.5%
Total voters: 120
37