Chapter 31: P’horruku Festival 2
494 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person POV

"CHIEF! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL OF POWER!"(Senjin)

His voice echoed amongst the silence of the crowd. His hair disheveled, his eyes sharp like a knife. His gruff voice laced with deadly poison. He pointed at the old man sitting on a throne, adorned in purple.

Umesou's face was twisted and distorted, starting to look more like a demon. His grey hair flowed in the wind as he leapt away from his seat, landing perfectly on his two feet.

"""what's going on?..... is he insane?..... he's dead....."""(crowd)

The crowd murmured among themselves as the stern looking old man approached the younger boy. His raven black tail laid low, his ears perking. He grit his teeth as he stared straight into the other man's eye.

"What? Scared?"(Senjin)

"..."(Umesou)

"Heh, scared that once this is over you'll lose all power? Scared that once I win, you wouldn't have anyone dancing in your little hands of yours?"(Senjin)

Umesou stared blankly into Senjin, his stares as deadly as the beasts on his shoulders. A moment of defeaning silence resonated in the air.

...

He took a small step back walking away from the young lad. His arms raised into the air and, quickly shot down.

"Toko!"(Umesou)

As he yelled out, a large, well built man jumped out from the crowd. His body painted in brutal scars, his muscles hard as the steal used in weapons. 

"Reiko come over here."(Kamoume)

As soon as Toko appeared, the crowd backed away, until there was a large circle surrounding the two men. Coming from the decorated carriage came out a woman, dressed in a blood red gown, her face covered by a white mask.

"Commencing Tatakai! If the contestant wins, he shall be set freed from the village, if he loses, he will stay and work labourous jobs for the next twenty years!"(Moume)

Moume said, in a loud voice, gathering the attention of everyone. She pulled out a fan, opening it with lightning speed. The golden snake patterns could mesmerise anyone who saw it. She waved the fan up in the air, slowly settling it.

"BEGIN!"(Moume)

Immediately the two men lunged at each, Moume making a quick and sudden retreat.

BAAM!

As the fist collided, a loud shockwave bursted out. Neither men flinched, staying focused and sturdy. 

Senjin backed away, quickly retreating. His feet pressed on the ground as he lunged like a wolf. Rocketing towards his opponent, his claws curled.

"HRRAAH!"(Senjin)

He shouted, as he threw his left arm straight into Toko's chest. At the speed of lightning Toko moved both arms, forming a cross. 

Doooommmm...!

Senjin's attacked didn't even make his opponent flinch. Immediately he balled his fist, pummeling towards Toko's chin from below. Toko's necked swerved backwards, his chin grazing Senjin's fist.

Senjin leapt backwards, landing on his hands. Running like a wild animal, he swept Toko from underneath with his right leg. Without a second thought, using his arms as support, he extended his left leg way out to Toko's head, and like a raging storm it twisted and zoomed past.

It looked like nothing but a blur to the untrained eye, nothing but a flash. The latter's head twisted and turned, a clear red mark on his face along with a sharp snapping sound accompanying it.

"Hehe!"(Senjin)

Putting power into his arms; like a piston he pushed into the air. He swirled and rotated violently like a raging tornado. 

In a flash, a blur Senjin threw out a rapid roundhouse. The atmosphere was tense, his blood rushing around his body. How many years... was the only thing in his head, this could be it, this could seal the deal, as long as it connects...

As long as it connects...

"RAAAAHHHH!!!"(Senjin)

With rapid speed and perfect precision, the kicked swooped in.

Shoo... BAM!

It connected.

Winds gushed away. The audience was taken back. 

There was nothing but silence, no noise.

Senjin had a giant smirk, a face marked with pride. 

But that didn't last long.

It changed, his face distorted. His brows raised high, his eyes bulging out. A single bead of sweat trickling down the left side of his face.

To his disbelief, even after the his strongest, fastest attack, it was blocked. Toko's arms raised up to guard his face, completely and utterly stopped his attack.

Swiftly he retreated, jumping away, stumbling. His foot was red, blood gushing, splattering on his foot like a thrown tomato. It was hard to stand, like his foot was just crushed by a giant hammer. Pain surging through his body, yet he kept calm and stoic.

"h- ho-"(Senjin)

At that moment Toko went on the attack. 

A left jab connected with Senjin's face. It was swift, faster for even Senjin to see. Sweat was blown away from Senjin's face.

Before he could even register it, Toko threw another attack, this time a right hook to the stomach.

"Huooh! Ack!"(Senjin)

All the air was knocked out of his body, leaving his gasping desperately. He stumble away, trying to recover. There was a large mark on his chiseled, muscular body, it was of Toko's fist.

Toko rushed in, wide open, no guards, because he didn't need them. Senjin rushed to get his arms to block the attacks, both arms to the side, blocking his head.

Toko took advantage of his weak spot, striking him with a lethal uppercut. As the uppercut landed, Senjin's chin burst open, blood spewing out.

'Damn it damn it damn it damn it! What do I do!?'(Senjin's Mind)

He staggered, as Toko threw a hook and then another and then another. He was hit with a barrage of punches, an onslaught. His pupils started dilating, turning white.

'Is this it? My legs, I can't feel them... my ears, I hear nothing... did I lose? .... no, I can't lose... I have worked too hard, no... I WILL NOT LOSE!'(Senjin's Mind)

"AAAARRHHH"(Senjin)

At that moment Senjin's head stopped moving. He powered through all of Toko's attacks, landing a straight and powerful cross to the latter's chest.

"Huoh!"(Toko)

It felt like a hammer had swung at him, his world shook upon impact.

Senjin didn't react, he bore his fangs which were as sharp as razors. His claws protracted; he viciously swung at his opponents.

Schweeep!

The nails dug into his chest, ripping the skin apart, blood shooting out. 

"Argh!"(Toko)

Toko stumbled. Senjin rushed in, leaping with his foot. Toko reacted quickly, throwing a jab at jet speed. But it did not land.

Senjin twisted his body, his legs firmly planted on the ground. His body was way below Toko's wasteline, turning and stretching. His fist balled up, rocketing towards the enemy. He was going for a smash.

Toko knew well what was coming, his eyes bulged out. There was no time to block it, but he had to do something. There was a strange, irritating feeling in the back of his head. He can't be hit with this...

Shoooh!!!

"Haa... haa... haa..."(Toko)

Toko's breaths were heavy, by the skin of his teeth, he dodged the smash. The two just stood, unmoving, sweaty and exhausted. Their legs shook uncontrollably, their arms beginning to feel weak and numb.

'd- damn....'(Senjin's Mind)

He was frozen solid, unable to move a muscle. Like being petrified by Medusa, his body wouldn't react to what his brain tells him to.

"HRAAAHHH!"(Toko)

Balling his fist he threw down a terrifying blow to Senjin's face.

Like a ragdoll he fell, blood splattering, knocked out cold. His eyes resembled that of a dead fish, the colour drained.

Taking in shallow breaths, Toko raised his hands in the air, he had won.

"WOOOOOOOHHH!!!"(Crowd)

There was a loud uproar, the crowd cheering, barking, screaming like wild animals. They celebrated, throwing flowers into the air.

A group of people emerged from the crowd, wearing bone yellow attire. Toko's legs became noodles, being assisted by the paramedics to leave the scene.

Senjin on the other hand was completely unconscious, blood trickling down his forehead, he was being carried by two men.

The air relaxed, as the two were being taken away. It seems like things would return back to normal. But that did not happen...

Jumping out of the sea of people, three masked individuals appeared. They threw sharp needles at the paramedics, forcing them to move away.

They took hold of Senjin, completely disappearing into the woods, before saying.

"OPEN YOUR EYES! WE ARE BEING FORCED TO STAY CAPTIVE HERE, THERE'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD OUT THERE AND WE DESERVE ANSWERS!"(Masked Individual)

Without a trace, in a cloud of smoke, they all vanished, leaving nothing but chaos.

The people murmured as the body guards desperately tried to hunt the masked people. The world was thrown into an unpredictable mess.

Standing in the middle of this, was a girl who could be no more than six. Her eyes popping out, her arms shaking. 

"what do they mean by captive?"(Reiko)

any thoughts?

17