Chapter 44: Young Love In War
372 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person POV

"Come and fight me you cowards!"(Boy)

The young boy screamed as his small hand beat onto the older boys. Growling with sharp teeth as the two older boys ran away. Although they were a solid two to three years older than him, they were covered with bruises. Patches of purples and slits of red. 

Looking off into the distance as they ran, the boy stood triumphantly with swaying his long, black, cat-like tail. Having a black eye with swimming tears but he stood strong, as if he was a brave soldier. 

"You okay?"(Boy)

Turning around he asked the young girl behind him.

"Uh yea, thanks"(Girl)"

Shaking her blonde head, she said yes. 

"If those bullies bother you again then tell me, I'll beat them up so much that not even their momma's could recognize them. Well then see yah."(Boy)

Blushing, the girl reached out, grabbing the hand of the boy. Turning around, looking at the girl with curiosity; she stumbled but managed to say.

"C- can we meet again? Maybe tomorrow?"(Girl)

...

"..."(Girl)

Softening into a smile, he said.

"Sure, my name's Umesou by the way."(Umesou)

"M- my name is Koro!"(Koro)

------

Gentle clouds floating in the air, a tranquil atmosphere. Flowers began blooming again with sleepy animals yawning good morning. Dust is blowing in the air, making it hell for those with allergies, the early birds chirped their melodic, but mostly annoying, tunes.

Splash Splash Splash

The water from a nearby stream splatter into its banks.

"Oi Koro! Look what I found!"(Umesou)

"Hmm?"(Koro)

...

"Wibbit"(Greg the Frog)

Looking directly into Koro's pupils with black, beady eyes, Greg the Frog the toad croaked. It had a mouth pointing upwards like a triangle with bulbous warts growing on its back.

"..."(Koro)

In the deafening silence, Greg the Frog's tongue shot out, making contact with Koro's nose.

"HYAAAH!"(Koro)

Immediately Koro swatted the tongue away and retreated back, wearing a face as red as a tomato. Quickly cupping some water from the stream, she continuously washed the tip of her nose till it became red.

"Hyahahaha!"(Umesou)

"Umesou you bastard! Very mature!"(Koro)

Umesou's back was wet as he collapsed onto the grow, laughing his guts out, wheezing like a broken pigeon. Wiping a tear off his face he said to her.

"I thought you loved all the animals!"(Umesou)

Koro's blond hairs shot up like a raging volcano.

"NOT WHEN THEY'RE GETTING THEIR STICKY TONGUES ALL OVER MY FACE!"(Koro)

"Puahahaha!!!"(Umesou)

Puffing her cheeks into a pout, Koro stamped onto the bank of shallow banks. Noticing a small rock on the ground a wicked plan was plotted. She grabbed and viciously threw it with a malicious smile and evil, evil eyes. 

Thunk

Coconut sound-

"Ow! Hey!"(Umesou)

Koro burst into laughter as a small bump formed on the top of Umesou's thick skull. Her eyes were practically gushing tears.

"Serves you right!"(Koro)

Cackling, she pointed at the small mound on the latter's head. Looking at her with a disdainful, it soon shifted into a sinister grin. Getting up from the ground, he said

"Well I guess you're right..."(Umesou)

"!?"(Koro)

Koro immediately jumped away and hid in a bush. Her head poked out to look Umesou from a distance. Narrowing her eyes she glared at him skeptically. 

"Who are you! What have you done to the real Umesou!"(Koro)

"Nothing nothing, just admitting that I deserved that."(Umesou)

Cautiously she stepped closer to him, still looking at him with suspicious eyes.

"Ok..."(Koro)

Extending his arm he told her

"Truce?"(Umesou)

As soon as Koro held Umesou's hand, his once honest face twisted into a nasty grin. He yanked her in; catching her off balance, she fell into the stream.

Now wet, with her dress soaked, she had a furious expression. Snorting he couldn't catch even a second's breath. Eyes bugging out with a mouth as big as a watermelon. He looked like a frog, laughing, coughing and choking all at once. Falling to the ground banging the ground and holding his stomach that began hurting. 

"You idiot! Did you really fall for tha-"(Umesou)

Unbeknownst to Umesou, Koro was not furious, rather she was wiping her face of tears. Wet from head to toes even if the tears were camouflaged with the droplets of water, but it was obvious, she was crying.

Slightly hiding her face from view, she made her red dyed cheeks barely visible. Twitching slightly, the boy had no idea what to do. 

"h- hey, stop being such a crybaby!"(Umesou)

Her whimpers became audible in response to his comment.

His attempts to cheer her up fell in vane because he's dumb.

[crap](Umesou)

"Uh uh..."(Umesou)

Swaying his arms left and right, turning his head with sweat going down the side of his head. 

"Uh... I'm sorry I-, do you want uhm uh flowers?"(Umesou)

Saying so he reached down to grab a handful of grass and gestured giving it to Koro. Hands shaking with worried smiles and profuse sweating. 

A black shadow loomed over Umesou; he made a girl cry, and while this was not the first time he made people cry, this was the first time he made Koro cry.

"I- I- I'll do anything! So stop crying!"(Umesou)

Bending down onto his knees, his hands gestured into a prayer as he shouted out loud. Immediately, Koro stopped crying.

"anything?"(Koro)

"Anything!"(Umesou)

Forming into a smile, Koro ordered

"Then kiss me~"(Koro)

"... heh?"(Umesou)

Mouth was slightly opened with a blank stare into the distance, into the void. Has her words not gone through his thick skull? Perhaps not...

"what did you say?"(Umesou)

"A kiss."(Koro)

Taking in a deep breath, he closed his eyes before... IT POPPED OUT!

"WHAAAT!?"(Umesou)

With a mouth big enough to eat an entire boulder while he screamed out loud. Taken aback by this, Koro retreated to a small ball crying like an actor from a romance drama.

Steam came out of his ears as his face became tomato red. Heart beating quickly and any form of sweat evaporated to smoke. Koro receded further into a small ball and began hiding her face from view. 

"I- I- I- ok..."(Umesou)

Awkwardly marching like a robot he bent down into a bow. Grabbing Koro's hand he lightly pecked. 

Koro blushed as she moved her hand away.

"no... on the lip."(Koro)

Her hands were covering her rosy cheeks as she smiled whilst closing her eyes. Sitting in her yoko-zuwari, she flipped the locks that hid her face, making her face be the center of attention.

All while Umesou stood there with a dumbfounded expression.

[I've been cheated](Umesou)

Picking up the Greg the Frog the toad. Because her eyes were closed, she didn't realise what was exactly in front of her.

"How about we reenact Neumann's Lady and the Frog."(Umesou)

"hmm... HYAAAHHH!!!"(Koro)

Jumping up from the ground she made all the water on her scatter, making them shoot out like an all direction shotgun... a grenade. Colour drained out of her leaving a dark purplish hue. Quickly stepping away, making water splashing noises.

"Hmm, you really don't like Greg."(Umesou)

"YOU MEANIE! OF COURSE I DON'T! I LIKE IT WHEN THEY ARE FAR AWAY FROM ME! AND WHO NAMES THEIR FROG GREG! AT LEAST GIVE IT A SHOURUKI NAME!"(Koro)

Koro was furiously yelling at Ume with teeth that turned to fangs. Her tail raised high and caught on flames, with eyes closed. Ume looked into the eyes of Greg the Frog the toad.

"Seems like she doesn't like us."(Umesou)

"Not anymore!"(Koro)

Saying so, Koro deflated, falling on her bottom, exhausted from all the yelling she had to do in the past ten minutes. 

"Geeze, can't you be a little kinder to a lady like me. It's like you don't- !?"(Koro)

At that moment the world froze. In an instant her eyes were wide opened with a racing heart and blood rushing to her cheeks. It was tender, warm, gentle. Two hearts connecting as one in that moment. She couldn't think, and did not think. 

The kiss, it was truly magical.

As if the world around her became a serene mountain cliff pointing towards the setting sun. To her the world was now beginning to blur, all the focus was on her and him, all the focus was on them. 

All that she had wished for came true, and although it happened to late it was still too early for her. But she didn't care, all she cared about was enjoying the moment, savouring every last second. 

Eventually, Ume broke off, letting go of her head, separating their lips, leaving Koro lonely. 

"Well th- that's your request done..."(Umesou)

Umesou, said turning his head to the side, acting all manly even though he was blushing red. 

"y- yeah..."(Koro)

Koro's head was blank and without thought. The butterflies still tingling in her stomach and her heart still pounding. 

"w- well, I have to go, s- see yah."(Umesou)

Chest up high Umesou awkwardly walked away. 

Koro's cheeks still pink, she collapsed onto the soft grassy bed. 

"h- he actually did it~!"(Koro)

Giggling she rolled all over the grass, not caring that her dress was getting dirty. There was a joyful smile as her brain became ditzy. Pastel shades of pink and yellow with flowers and hearts making up her atmosphere. 

-------

"Ume, dear wake up!"(Koro)

The blonde haired woman said as she shook Umesou sleeping under the sheets. 

"mmmh... five more minutes..."(Umesou)

"That five minutes were five minutes ago, come one, I made breakfast."(Koro)

Sluggishly moving the sheet away he got up looking like a zombie. Puckering his lips, he pointed at it with half closed eyes.

"morning kiss?"(Umesou)

"hah... how did I get married to you."(Koro)

"b- because you love me~"(Umesou)

Umesou said, slurring his words. Having a gentle smile on her face she bent down, making lip to lip contact. 

"Now that you've had your kiss, would you get out of bed?"(Koro)

"maybe."(Umesou)

"hah... come let's go eat breakfast."(Koro)

Saying so Koro dragged Ume off the bed into the kitchen. There was a table full of plates and food. Sides of boiled eggs and roasted fruit. Corn and potato mixed into a sort of dough was cooked and filled with meat, acting as the main dish.

"Hehe, thank you for the meal~!"(Umesou)

Drool like a waterfall coming out of his mouth, he greedily dug in. 

"Take your time honey, you're going to choke."(Koro)

Koro handed Umesou a cup of tea with a smile. Quickly grabbing the tea he chugged it in one go, before dropping it and fanning his tongue. A single droplet coming from his eye as his tongue became red and bulged.

"ppf- What did I tell you idiot!"(Koro)

"yu cwool wu-mon! dun mek fun of my suffewing!"(Umesou)

He pointed at Koro, talking with his tongue out in the open.

"Puahahaha!"(Koro)

Eventually like a hungry dog- err, cat he finished everything, his abs becoming a pot belly. Stretching his arms, her yawned. Koro handed Ume a sack.

"This is your lunch dear."(Koro)

"Thank you, I'm sorry that I couldn't keep you company for long, you must so lonely."(Umesou)

"Oh that's alright, having you in the morning and the night is good enough."(Koro)

"Maybe we could fix that tonight~"(Umesou)

Umesou said with a wink as Koro flushed red. 

"h- huh!?"(Koro)

Without giving Koro a time to reply, Umesou quickly left the house. Falling onto her knees, a sigh left her mouth as she rubbed her forehead. 

"Huaa... that idiot."(Koro)

It was obvious that she was annoyed by his teasing, but, even so there was a smile.

"my idiot."(Koro)

------

"Everyone! Attention!"(Senior Officer)

Everyone froze in spot, listening to the officer's orders. Each and everyone wore a dark, evergreen tunic and an even darker hood. Wielding bows, a spear and a small knife to the side, they were warriors, soldiers, and amongst them were none other than Umesou.

"As we know Katsuro's armies has began its invasion to the west! Meaning we need you maggots to be as strong and ready as soon as possible!"(Senior Officer)

The officer had a dangerous red glow in his eyes. A deep scar running from the bottom of the left side of his face all the way up to his eye. His hair a disorderly mess of brown.  In all sense of the word, he was an animal, a battle worn animal. With teeth as sharp as the knives the soldiers wielded, he snarled.

"Now, since you mucks have already been training for more than two years, you will now be assigned to the outer posts of Shouruki, your job is the protect this land till death and warn the higher ups of any suspicious activities, understood?"(Senior Officer)

Everyone fell to silence by his sheer, over empowering aura. Ticked off by the quiet the sergeant with a booming voice shouted out,

"I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND!"(Senior Officer)

""Yes sir!"'(Everyone)

"Then move out!"(Senior Officer)

Without a second's thought, the soldiers marched away in a uniform line. They were focused, and while some were worried, they still had the undying vigour. 'At least we're not in the battlefield' some reasoned, 'His' subjugation happened not too long ago, about four years , yet the effects were devastating.

His armies waged war to the rest on the world, and even if it was dwarfed in size, his absolute power, his life defying power... simply overwhelmed anyone or anything that stood in his path.

And Umesou was about to go out to fight. 

Standing in the middle of the thick woods, holding a spear. 

[Only till it gets dark](Umesou)

He thought the sun was still high up and since he was not physically out to fight, as long as he can make it till dark, he would be fine. Relaxing his body, he sat down onto a stump. The likelihood of the army reaching Shouruki is near zero, there was truly no need for him to stand in guard.

[I wonder what Koro is doing, our anniversary's coming soon, maybe I should buy some flowers or plan a date.](Umesou)

------

As the navy blue sky changed to a dark blue, Umesou yawned and stretched, his day was finally over. 

[First time outside, can't say it was fun.](Umesou)

Getting up from the stump he sat on, he turned around and walked away slowly, back to the town, back home, back to the loving warmth of his wife.

ptack ptack ptack...

ptack tat ptack tat ptack tat

Both his ears and tails perked, as he turned around to see where that sound was coming from. 

At that moment he froze while colour drained from him. Struggling to even walk, his comrade limped towards him very slowly. His clothes were tattered with gashes of blood. Barely being able to walk, he slowly approached Umesou.

"h- Hey! What the hell happened!?"(Umesou)

"the enemy forces, th- they're here, hidden amon- amo-CK"(Soldier)

Blood spewed out of his mouth like mucus to a sick person. His lungs were punctured, ripped apart, making breathing hellish. 

"hidden amongst the woods and bushes, w- warn them."(Soldier)

Falling into his arms, he became unmoving. His body was cold as ice, covered in clumpy, muddy blood. His eyes sunk in looking at the sight. Umesou's legs shook and his hands jittering. 

"h- hey! Y- you alright!?"(Umesou)

A single bead of sweat running down. 

"h- hey!"(Umesou)

[this can't be real right? The army should be far away!](Umesou)

His eyes bugging out while biting his lips. Shaking the soldier as much as he can as his heart beat at a high velocity. Right in his arms, a dead man. The blood, mud, all ingrained into his mind, as if he was being marked with a hot iron bar. 

The lifeless eyes almost saw him, his soul even. Hollow and limp, devoid of life. 

Trick...

Turning around immediately, looking at the direction the sound came from. Body was frozen solid, drenched in sweat. 

"wh- who's there!?"(Umesou)

He shouted out, gripping his spear tightly with the tip facing the deep dark unknown. Dark as the abyss, not a sound coming out. Swallowing his saliva he slowly walked forward. 

Body uncontrollably shaking yet he marched forward. 

[I have been working to fight for my land and people, I will not back out now.](Umesou)

With a resolute look, he faced the darkness with an iron will. 

"Who goes there!?"(Umesou)

He snarled, knees bent, tightly holding the weapon. 

...

silence...

Umesou's eyes adjusted to the dark and along with his enhanced night vision, he scoured through the darkness. 

nothing...

for now...

Silence broke through as the winged demon landed. Umesou immediately froze, not in fear but shock. What landed was a prepubescent girl, looking to about eleven. Even so he still stood his ground, not faltering nor relaxing in the smallest.

"Who are you? What's your business in Shouruki?"(Umesou)

He said cautiously only to be met by the girl turning her head down to the left with a confused face. 

"What's wrong mister? Scared of widdle girl like me?"(girl)

Her wings and tails drooped down as she placed her talon on her chin, pointing at it, acting as if she was an innocent little girl. Umesou's brows furrowed and gazed sharpened, repositioning the spear to point more directly to the girl. 

"I guess you are."(girl)

At that moment something changed. Her teeth sharpening to a violent dagger as her small horns grew an inch or two. A tail that bulked up, a pointed tip reminiscent to a scorpion forming as all her whites in her eye made a complete 180 to a dark vantablack. 

Raising her arms and opening her hand, a purplish flame formed. She looked like a true demon whilst she flipped her purple bob cut.

"Say mister, you won't tell on me would you?"(girl)

As soon as she said that, a large spiral of purple flare ejected towards Umesou, acting in a panic, he dashed to the side, resulting in a burnt arm, he winced.

[Damn that's stupid hot, my chances of winning this is low, but I can't back away just now, if I can just...](Umesou)

Opening his palms up, he gathered moisture from the air into a ball of water. Jumping closer to the girl the water ball exploded in her face. Her view was obstructed giving Umesou the chance. 

Twisting and turning his body, the spear rocketed towards her, puncturing her skin, skewering her. 

"Owch!"(girl)

Her quick reaction gave her just enough time to make it out alive, instead of penetrating her chest, the weapon dug into her arm. 

"You dumb meanie!"(girl)

The flame inside her broke, she was pissed. Banging onto the ground a great flame arose setting the trees ablaze. Umesou backed away as the flames burnt the spear into ashes. Her gashes healed quickly once the spear was removed.

[She's strong, without back up I doubt I can match her, especially with her power. Maybe- No, I can't, I have to run to safety and warn the others.](Umesou)

Retreating back, he grabbed an arrow from his quiver, loaded his bow and fired. In rapid suggestion the arrows launched one by one, but it was for null. The arrows burned to ashes before it could even reach the girl. 

Gathering mana into her hands, she made a small orb of purplish red flames. 

PFOOO!

Throwing it to the ground, a large explosion ensued. Pillars of flames that even scorched trees that were only a couple feet away from it, Umesou had to quickly back away.

"wha- what the hell."(Umesou)

Swallowing his saliva and pride, Umesou gathered another ball of water.

"Nuh uh! None of your cheating this time!"(girl)

As soon as she lunged towards him, he blasted the water onto the ground and erupted back up, creating a small mud pillar and a small window of time. Immediately dashing away, he used his environment to his advantage. Bouncing off hazumu blooms and swinging from vines. 

Frustrated, the girl stomped her feet on the muddy ground causing her to sneer in disgust. While she was distracted, Umesou made haste, enlarging the distance between them as he entered the village and more specifically, into headquarters.

Winds caressing his face as he sprinted as fast as he could; he knew she was only playing with him.

------

Exhaustedly coughing and huffing, he made his way to get the attention of the chief. Even if he was catching the eyes of his colleagues he couldn't give a damn. 

Busting the door open. There he saw the chief, the rough and battle worn chief, sipping on a flower patterned, tiny mug. 

"..."(Umesou)

"..."(Chief)

"Sir, there's an enemy, a child no a demon hidden amongst the forest. I'm not sure if she's alone or not, but..."(Umesou)

There was a moment of silence before it was broken by a loud bang from the scar faced officer. 

"Where did you last see them!"(Guriku)

"In the east, sir."(Umesou)

Umesou flinched, grabbing his arm. Finally it hit, the sheer pain that was overshadowed by adrenaline and panic. Red skin showing with patches of black, it was lethal, he was lucky that he was fighting but a child, who knows what she could do if she was older. 

"Guriku, Matto as an order round up all available soldiers to guard the village."(Chief)

The chief stood up, his long grey hair dangling. Towering over everyone he said.

"And you, Malos, make sure every none-soldier stays inside the walls, no one is to know what is going on."(Chief)

[no one is to... -!](Umesou)

Flashbacks surged into his mind, his colleagues brutally maimed, the spear disappearing the moment it struck her skin. The explosion that nearly took his life, that sadistic smile plastered on the girl's face, no way will they ever possibly beat that monster.

"s- sir, our people should know what's going on, we should evacuate as soon as possible!"(Umesou)

His sudden outburst made the Chief's eyebrow raise. looking disapprovingly at Umesou.

"No, we cannot start a riot in the middle of an invasion, now leave!"(Chief)

His voice boomed making Umesou startle a little. 

"b- but sir-"(Umesou)

"Do not disobey my orders."(Chief)

"s- sir-"(Umesou)

"Do not disobey me. Now get back to position."(Chief)

Slamming his hands onto the table he yelled as loud.

'That thing will kill us all, please just listen and-!"(Umesou)

Not even allowing to finish his sentence, the chief punched Umesou on the face making him flinch. 

[tch- damn... I can't get through him](Umesou)

Turning around, Umesou ran out the door. Lines of soldiers marched out the door, following Guruki. Nearly all soldiers had left headquarters, scattered in the forest. 

Instead of the following orders, he ran in the opposite direction. Only he knew, only he believed they cannot win. The little girl was vicious with lethal magical abilities. 

Still wincing from the pain he stumbled to the exit, not to the outside, but to the town, his home Shouruki. 

...

BOOM!

A giant explosion erupted behind him. Large clouds of burning orange and red. The glows reflected on his eyes, he saw it all. Limbs flying about, looking like charred pieces of wood. 

"Hellooo~!"(girl)

Right there, the voice, the bell-like voice. From the side he saw in horror. Short purple hair waving in the air. The demonic, blood stained face hidden in the shadows. Her claws sinking deep into the decapitated head of Guriku. Brown hair from his head was burnt off, leaving nothing but the charred skull with marks of skin still left behind. 

Sprinting as fast as he could, he had to warn everyone else. He wished to stay and fight but, in reality, could he really? 

The strongest people he knew was ripped to shreds, given if the child didn't go easy on him, he would've died. Biting his lips whilst his nails dug into his palm. 

Screams echoed throughout the hall, as the walls collapsed into burning embers. 

tat tat tat

Running, running and running, he left the headquarters. 

There the people were, going about their daily business. Children, bakers, architects, all busy with their jobs and lives. Sweating, he shouted as loud as he can.

"EVERYONE! EVACUATE AS SOON AS YOU CAN, IT IS NO LONGER-"(Umesou)

Before even being able to finish what he was about to say, he was punched in the face. He struck hard as blood dripped from the top of his forehead. 

Turning his head he saw the intimidating Malos. His face wrinkled, looking like a Hanya mask. 

"What are you doing soldier!"(Malos)

Grabbing him by the collar, Malos pulled him up and gave Umesou a death stare.

"Trying to protect my people."(Umesou)

"That is reckless behaviour! If the people are panicked and leave the town carelessly, likely or not they will be killed in the crossfire!"(Malos)

Clicking his tongue, Umesou looked him dead in the eye.

"Sir, the... the enemy forces have already infiltrated the headquarters, m- many have already died. We must evacuate."(Umesou)

"Do not lie to me soldier, the chief knows best, chief's orders are final!"(Malos)

"then... sir, I'm sorry."(Umesou)

His legs corked and pulled on Malo's legs. While he was stumbling from the sudden action, Umesou freed himself and shifted his body to land a deadly punch to the latter's face. 

As he recuperated, Umesou gathered water into his hands, shooting it out like a fast beam, striking Malos' chest, leaving a shallow wound.

Using this opportunity, while Malos was distracted, he weaved past him. All eyes were on him at this point, taking in a deep breath, he yelled out.

"EVERYONE! LEAVE NOW!"(Umesou)

-BOOM

Too late, as the headquarters blew up into purplish flames, everyone looked in horror.

"... This is no time to get distracted just run!"(Umesou)

His voice woke all of them up from the trance. Fear set in as they all dropped what they were doing. In a rush they scattered, running away in a disorderly mall. 

A distorted smile creeping onto the girl's face as she rose up high in the air. The game was on.

One by one, she swooped down. Blood splattering, as lives perished. All while wearing a sadistic grin. Powerless to do anything, Umesou watched from a distance. Cries of mercy, begging calling his name, but he couldn't do anything. For once, Umesou was scared. 

"!?"(girl)

Stopping at her tracks, the girl checked her cheeks to feel a small cut. Veins popped from her forehead as she healed her wound. Looking around to see where it came from, there she saw the man, holding a bow. It was Malos.

Without a second thought she rushed in, balling her hands and swinging it at him. By the skin of his teeth it missed. She was faster and stronger, but what she lacked was experience, and Malos more than covered that. 

She clawed but missed, kicked and it barely grazed him. All that she did amounted to absolutely nothing. Her eyes widened into a crazy stare, flying up high into the air, she gathered into her palms. 

"I'M GOING BLOW YOU THE DAMN UP!"(girl)

Malos raised his head, solemn eyes looking at the giant mass of red and purple. Looking to his left and right, the residents, his people all were gone. 

[I have served my people with pride, and I will die with pride.](Malos)

Turning his eyes to see Umesou running away, he solemnly closed his eyes, opening his arms up, dropping his weapon.

[I'm sorry for not trusting you, I'm sorry I failed to protect my people.](Malos)

He watched without blinking, accepting his firey death with open arms.

In a distance there stood Umesou, perturbed. 

[He's dead, they're all dead because of that monster... I, I can't, I have to go get Koro and run](Umesou)

------

"Honey!"(Umesou)

The door brook because of Umesou's kick. Desperately looking about for his lover, he hurriedly shouted her name multiple times. The house was empty, cold and lifeless.

"Koro where are you?"(Umesou)

"I am right over here Umesou."(Koro)

Swiftly spinning around to see his wife and the moment their eyes made contact, he jumped into her pulling her into a tight hug. 

"thank god you're ok..."(Umesou)

Looking dead into her eyes with a serious face she asked him,

"What happened, are you alright?"(Koro)

"I'm fine, these are just scratches. But, our town is being raided, we have leave now."(Umesou)

Koro gasped in a soft voice but her eyes told it all. Gazing at the home they spent so long in, she will never see them again. From the moss in the corner of the bathroom, to the picture frame of their marriage. Hesitantly reaching her arms, she ran.

"Koro wait!"(Umesou)

Before she could get anywhere, Umesou grabbed her arm.

"We don't have time, we have to leave."(Umesou)

Koro's eyes were drowning in tears, her cheeks pink. Umesou had a strong resolute expression, that at least what it seemed, Koro knew deep down he was on the verge of tears. 

He saw his people die, those who greeted every morning, his colleague's decapitated head, and he was all too powerless to help.

"Koro please we must-"(Umesou)

"l- let's go d- dear."(Koro)

In between hiccups Koro said, grabbing Umesou's arm, leaving their once humble abode.

A long chapter for keeping you all waiting. I won't be making much long chapters, they're reserved for special important chapters.

Koro didn't tell Reiko all the nits and gritty, of course, it was all just for the readers!

9