Chapter 46: Hanz B.
248 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hanz POV

Hello, my name is Hanz.

At the moment I was struggling through the middle of Unsterblich. 

Not too long ago my family and I were ambushed. Honest to god I am in hell of a lot of pain. Deep cuts all over my body, the ringing coming from my ear, it was all unbearable. 

Wasn't the best day for us, likely or not they all are dead, hopefully my baby brother's still alive, we need to have the blood line going after all.

Damn... those rats.

Losing blood too quickly, things are getting hazy. My legs were weak but through all the blurriness and fatigue, I could barely make out one things. 

It was a woman, blonde hair and blue eyes. Quite a pretty one ain't she? Shame I can't live long enough to enjoy it. 

Things became black. 

-----

"hmmm... what?"(Hanz)

I had a splitting headache as bright light entered my eye. 

"where am I?"(Hanz)

I was lying down on a rustic bed. My surroundings were barren, not much stuff except for a crudely drawn hand painting. The walls were strange to say the least, a mix of wood planks, dirt and stone. 

"Mama, Papa the man woke up!"(Koume)

My ears were suddenly assaulted by a loud shriek of a child. Turning my head there stood a kid, no a beastman. Golden blonde hair, similar to that lady I saw.

tap tap tap...

I heard footsteps coming from a nearby, a whole meant to act as a passage way came out the woman and a man with black hair. Now that I was getting a better, she was beaut. Nice hips, slender arms and a generous chest, all culminating to a perfect woman. Eyes were lured to her face and even further to her ears.

Circular and covered with fur, no doubt that she was the mother to this child.

damn...

Then that means the man to her right must've been the father.

"Are you feeling well?"(Koro)

She said to me.

"You've been passed out for a week since I found you, ah I forgot, my name is Koro, this is my husband and this little girl is our daughter. It's a pleasure to meet you."(Koro)

"Oh, I see thank you, my name is Hanz."(Hanz)

I expressed my gratitude. 

My body was covered in bandages. 

"Well then hello Hanz."(Koro)

As she said that, I tried to get out of the bed. I felt a sharp pain running in my body, but I merely shrugged it off, it was nothing to what I am used to. 

"ah you shouldn't be moving so much you're still-"(Koro)

"It's okay, I'm good... Where am I?"(Hanz)

"You're in P'horruki, ruled by me."(Umesou)

The husband pointed to himself, wearing a confident grin.

"I see."(Hanz)

"While you're still here, please make yourself at home."(Umesou)

"Thank you for your hospitality."(Hanz)

While I was saying that, I felt my eyes being attracted to Koro's chest. Not because of my own interest but rather, what hung around her neck and laid on her chest.

It was a necklace. Seems like it's expensive. 

-----

Koro POV

It's been five days since Hanz came to our humble village. He's been healing quickly, when he first came he was near death. It's amazing just how quickly humans could heal up. 

He's been spending time outside, looking around the village and not too long just now he told us he will leave soon and expressed his gratitude. 

I should prepare him a goodbye gift! 

It may not have been a while but it already felt like he was a part of the village. We should give him a proper farewell, so right now had a straw basket full of fruits and herbs. 

I put the basket down on the dining table, Hanz said he will leave tomorrow if I recall.

Going into Koume's room, I tucked her in bed. Bending down, I pecked her on cheeks. 

"Goodnight sweetheart~"(Koro)

"Goodnight mother."(Koume)

She said that in a weird, deep voice and straight face. Koume is indeed a strange child, but that just makes her cuter! 

I left her room and went outside to take in some fresh air. It's indeed a serene night. My head turned up into the sky and lolled under the moonlight while sitting on a log.

"hmm? Oh hello Hanz."(Koro)

Not too far from where I was, near a small stream, I saw him. He turned his head, hearing my voice. His detached face peered at me with cold eyes. Walking slowly towards me he took a seat next to me.

"How are you, come to think of it, this is the first time I've seen you all the day."(Koro)

I gave him a gentle smile. It's a shame he's leaving so early, especially with how injured he was and how he is in the head, I'm not sure if he's in a good condition to be out there in the war. 

Young but hardened by the harsh winds of war. 

"Koro, why did you take me in?"(Hanz)

"Oh, well, it's because we were in the same situation as you long time ago. Back then, when I was young, our village was destroyed we didn't have a home. I guess, when I saw you I felt bad, I was scared and clueless back then, and that's just something I don't want anyone else to experience."(Koro)

Hanz's eyebrows elevated. Opening his eyes, his usual indifferent face was tinged with surprise, albeit a little. 

"really? ... Koro, I think you're pretty despite being a beastman."(Hanz)

Uh, oh... his words made the atmosphere a tad bit awkward. I am flattered to be complimented but at the same feel a bit... a bit...

"I- thank you?"(Koro)

Not a change in expression he stared at me blankly. 

"Before I came here, I used to travel with my family. But they're dead now."(Hanz)

His tone was, weirdly chilling. Although his voice did not change at all from how he would usually talk, there was still an eerie factor in this conversation. I knew Hanz wasn't the most ordinary child, but still the air around him was strange. 

"I want to go out and continue our job. I don't think I can do this alone, do you want come with me."(Hanz)

A deadpan face. His eyes slightly bugged out eyes as usual. 

"N- no. I'm sorry but, this is my home, I already have a husband and two adorable children."(Koro)

"ok, then can I have that. I need money."(Hanz)

Hanz said and pointed at the necklace around my neck. 

"No can do~"(Koro)

I said in a playful voice to alleviate the quite unique situation we were in. 

Hanz stared at me. A second or two has passed and not a word came out of his mouth. 

"then I don't have a choice."(Hanz)

hmm- !?

My eyes shot open in shock. 

A sharp pain in my chest.  A warm liquid on my chest, thicker than water. Soon, as if needles, thousands of them were stuck into my leg. Each breath became slower and slower.

Wh- why?

Still shaking I looked into his eyes, his cold eyes. Not a pinch of remorse. 

"AAAH!"(Koro)

I screamed and exhausted myself. Breathing became, became difficult. My legs gave in and I fell down. The knife pierced through my chest and straight through my lungs. 

Blood, I coughed out blood. My gaze, as if the world was erasing from reality, my vision began blanking out. 

I can't say a word, but I prayed to God, keep them safe, in the few seconds I had left.

Keep them safe from me. Make sure no one else sees him again. 

...

-----

Hanz POV

There she lay, dead. 

I wiped the blood off my blade and pulled the necklace away from her neck. A shame, she was indeed beautiful one, if I am lucky she could've gone for what? 500,000 quils? Enough to get me back in my feet. 

But this should do, looking at it, perhaps 26,000 quils. 

"Hello mother! Have you encountered a frog? I'll escort him- mo- MAMA!"(Koume)

Out of nowhere the child appeared. Suddenly a thought came to my head. 

The child was nudging the corpse, shaking it repeatedly. 

"MAMA WAKE UP! THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT! IT'S A JOKE RIGHT!"(Koume)

Her face was wet from tears. An ugly wail coming out of her mouth. Her nudging and prodding slowed down to a halt as she balled her hands and wiped her eyes. 

She's young but still she could likely go for a profit. 

Honestly, children are not things I like at all, but I can't complain now, with everyone dead I need money to rebuild what I lost, so I approached her with my weapon sheathed. 

I extended my hand towards as if to comfort her.

"Get away from me!"(Koume)

A violent one.

"You took away mama! You are a, a..."(Koume)

She stumbled in her words, devolving into frightened mumbles. Taking a steps back, she gave me a terrified glare.

"p- PAPA!"(Koume)

She shrieked. 

-----

Umesou POV

Suddenly I was woken up. The voice of my little girl echoing throughout. Moume cried while Koume screamed my name. Without a room of thought I jumped out of bed and rushed outside. 

Wh- what!?

Koume's face full of tears. The man wearing an unemotional face, slowly approaching her. My gaze shifted left and right and... K- koro?

KORO!

Was that blood!? 

Why is she like this!? 

Her blood spewing out of her body. A stab wound. 

There is no time to think. Instincts taking over I jumped over and took Koume into my arms. Alarms went off in my head, the man in front of me is dangerous. 

With apathetic eyes with a glint of killing intent. An air of uncertainty came off from him. 

"what are you doing, leave."(Hanz)

He demanded.

I only scowled. His facial expression shifted. Eyes squinting and brows furrowing. Not letting another second to pass he drew out a knife. 

"fine."(Hanz)

Sprinting to me, he slashed. Avoiding it by an inch, I retreated back. It's dangerous for Koume to be here. I let go of her and shouted at her to run as fast as she can. 

The man swiftly jab his knife left, right. Couple punctured and tore my skin. Wincing, I tried to ignore it, my hand now a fist shot out to his head. 

BAM

A clean hit. 

Even if his neck twisted, he didn't even grimace. A still, almost unalive expression, as if he was a doll. What is this thing!?

I closed the distance between use, not giving him even a moment of thought, I drew water from the nearby stream. Water enveloped my hands, forming into a torpedo. The force of both my body and the water combined into one as it shot upwards.

FUOO!

His legs gave in, falling onto his knees. 

"kek!"(Hanz)

Coughing up blood that was diffused by water, snorting. Eyes became diluted while his mouth became a frown. 

"you..."(Hanz)

His previous inhuman persona shattered into thousands of pieces like glass. Stumbling back he grabbed his knife. In an unnatural, ragdoll-like manner he got up. With bent knees, I got into position. 

A life or death fight, with me at a complete disadvantage. 

Sharp eyes, shallow breaths, I'm ready.

...

He ran away.

A cowardly act. 

I took a moments breath, looking down onto the ground, looking at my wife. Her pulse was gone, her skin getting colder every second. She was dead. No she couldn't be but then what is all this? After all we've been through, she's injured, she must be. 

She's just...

I, I don't have time to think, I don't want to think right now.

Blood began to boil as I made haste, following where he went.

Locking my eyes onto him, I chased him. My head was in a complete mess, the one and only thought there was, was to eliminate him. 

The sky thundered as a downpour of rain fell from the sky. Beating on my skin and making the ground muddy.

We traversed through the woods. Gradually getting closer and closer. 

He was driven to a corner, closing on a cliff, no where to run. I was ready to kill him, but then something caught my eye.

"k- Koume what are you doing here!?"(Umesou)

Wet with tears and face wrinkling, sat next to a large tree. 

The man darted towards her, forcefully grabbing her harm. Anger grew as I saw her cry in pain. 

I get now, the bastard wasn't running, he was going after her. 

But why?

The blade was placed against her neck as she helplessly flailed about. No time for questioning, I have to get her back to safety. 

I couldn't make any attacks, if I do, there is a chance Koume gets killed. 

"What is that you want!"(Umesou)

I held back as much aggression as possible, but still, some leaked out. 

He stared at me his eyes hidden with his wet hair.

"let me go."(Hanz)

I clicked my teeth.

"Give me back my daughter and I'll, I'll let you go."(Umesou)

"no."(Hanz)

what.

"I need her, let me go with her, I won't kill her."(Hanz)

Koume's eyes widened in horror; swallowed her saliva. What am I to do?

"f- fine, okay."(Umesou)

His grip on her loosened to merely grabbing her hand.

Now's my chance. 

Immediately, a ball of water configured in my hand. Throwing it like a bullet, it splashed in his face. Now he was disorientated, stumbling on his feet. 

I came in within arms length between him and I. At this point, he regained his vision. But it was too late now. My fist charged into him, barely being able to react he moved his body away. 

BAM

Landing a powerful blow to his arm, something fell out. 

It sparkled a small pink. It, it couldn't be. It was. It was the necklace, her necklace. All this, for that...

Why? 

Why us, why this? 

Could this have been prevented if never bought that? 

Even better if we just left him to die?

It consumed me. Teeth turning into fangs, a growing, glowing flame that couldn't die. 

Raindrops all gathered into one. Clenching my hands hard, twisting my entire body, putting all my power. This was my deadliest move. Water propelling my hand but making sure none all forms of moisture was removed from my knuckles. 

Like a hurricane the water will spiral once it made contact, drilling and tearing anything it got its hands to including me. I don't care whatever happens, I will kill him!

My hand drove to his chest. 

!!!

No, no no no.

Why is Koume in front of me. WHY IS KOUME THERE!

Slowly looking down I froze on the spot. 

A lifeless face, with fading eyes. Hands drenched in blood, penetrating through her chest. 

What have I done. 

He let go of her arm, he was using her as a shield.

I fell down to my knees, holding her in my arms. 

He stood in front of me. Looking at me with distant eyes. 

"you shouldn't have done that."(Hanz)

No words I could hear. Only pain resonated. 

"who are you, why did you do this."(Umesou)

I hugged her cold body. Rain water hid the tears, the dark clouds hid the agony. 

"I am Hanz, Hanz Bezwinger. I needed money."(Hanz)

A cruel and selfish goal. Hanz was a monster like them. A monster who kills for no other reason but for self satisfaction. Hanz's face revived a will to mangle, destroy and ruin. 

Getting up quickly from the ground, I struck as hard as I could towards him. As if he was a prophet, he easily dodged it. Taking out his knife, he slashed swiftly. 

A deep cut forming on my chest, crumbled. 

Looking down on me like a pathetic bug, he ran away, not looking back.

...

They all died, I never should've taken him in. It was my mistake that they're dead.

It's my, my fault, that that they're dead. 

"AHHHHHH!"(Umesou)

...

I- I will never mistake again, Koro, Koume, I will never let this happen again...

Never again.

Hello everyone, sorry for the late post, been pretty sick for a while, hopefully now I can, somewhat, fix my bad posting schedule.

8