Five Days before naming #2
345 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ryu's Pov~

She is staring at me too intently, making me nervous to act like a kid.

And why is she suddenly holding the holy orb?

"By the blessing of light residing in your orb, I pray for a source of light," the priestess said in a soothing voice.

As soon as she says this, a light ball comes out of her holy orb. Now the question is, what to do with it? Is she expecting me to act like a toddler hyped with a shiny thing?

Then here goes nothing, I touched the orb and the moment I did that, it starts shining almost three times brightly as much as before.

"He sure is special as you say, Ralph, he seems as if analyzing light ball before touching it, cute and also I have never seen a light orb intensity increase by touching seems like he is liked by Light Goddess," she says while poking my cheek.

"Right, my baby is cutest and smartest! He never pees in anyone's arm."

"I really doubted you were being an Idiot parent, but seems like you were right."

"You doubted your old friend, sad too sad"

When these two were talking like this, I was wondering what could be the reason for Light ball intensity increasing.

Why would it increase in intensity? I do not believe in these sorts of reasons. Like me being liked by a goddess while I was in deep thoughts I was suddenly picked up

Did no one teach this priestess not to bother while someone is thinking something!? I got a frown.

"It's a blessing in itself that he looks more like Lina than you." The Priestess' said calmly.

'I see what you are trying to do' I thought as I look at the priestess' face who was giving me a smirk.

"No, that cannot be true!! my baby looks like me. Our hair looks the same!!" Father cries slowly.

I knew she was trying to make him fuzzy, but does this priestess enjoy teasing?

I want to get off from her arms right this instant! I won't be a tool for someone who wants to tease my father, but before I could do something, she pulls me close and hugged me tightly.

"Sure, does feel like Lina."

She said, but I couldn't hear what she or Father talks about afterward.

What is this soft feeling?

Is this Heaven?

I was lost in hills that pressed against my face. She sure got them big and that priestess uniform hides them...

Abolish uniforms!! When I was having stupid thoughts, I was given back to my father.

"Now now, Ralph stops acting like a fuzzy kid, and let's talk about the main thing already," Priestess says that.

You don't get to say that to my father when you actively aimed for it making him fuzzy, but well, I too am interested in the main topic. Adjusting myself on my father's lap to be more comfortable and he pats me like I am a kitten, should I purr for his satisfaction? No! Seriously, he will become obsessed with it.

"So, what is the current situation inside Church?" Father inquires while still patting me.

"It is confusing. Even us priestesses are divided into factions before we realize it, and that Holy knight has caused many more incidents already," Priestess answers seriously.

"Wherever he goes, he finds followers of Evil God. Is it coincidence?"

So, there is an Evil God as well. Guess this world has a big diversity of Gods too, just like Earth.

"Do you think all of them are framed? well the problem is that he is coming back at the time of Brightest Star Festival," Priestess replies with a displeasing look.

I just noticed a priestess call my father by name rather than the title. They must know each other before my father become a viscount.

"I don't want him causing trouble during baby's naming," Father says tiredly while rubbing his forehead.

"Do not worry much Ralph, I don't think he will bother with a baby's naming, and to be honest, whenever he visits Epnir he is hardly seen at Church." The priestess says that to reduce Father's tension.

I am getting a bad feeling relating to this Holy knight person.

"By the way, I guess my actions are also being monitored so I cannot get as much as information as before," Priestess continues while biting her lower lip. This church surely sounds like trouble.

"Ralph, I do not want to warn you again and again but I will say it again, you must not try to get involved with the matter related to church because you are not a Nobel born, Church can frame you as a Heretic or something, and other Nobel's Children would even see this as an opportunity" Priestess warns seriously while staring at me.

"If you get in trouble, I wouldn't want something like what happened to Aiena to happen with your baby…... Never!" She continues, but her eyes show despair and a sad expression form on her face, way too sad.

"Now now, Kyra, let's not talk about it. There was nothing you could do nor can I." While seeing towards me, Fathers continued.

I see, so the Priestess's name is Kyra... I guess a name that suits a priestess.

"We would not want the baby to hear our sadness."

I got two things from this chat of their 1st Something very sad happened to Aiena relating to her father being framed by the church, and 2nd, the church is conflicting inside and it is dangerous. Suddenly I do not feel excited about getting a name or blessing, no matter how nice it sounds.

"Yes, you are right. Ralph." Priestess Kyra says that and stares at Father.

"What is it?" Father asks.

No, is this going to be an R-rated scene from h*ntai suddenly? I have read a few in my last life?

"Even though you're like a kid yourself. I guess you will be a great father," Priestess Kyra answers, also relieved me as she was not saying something of that manner I suddenly expected.

Again, it is not my fault a good deal of anime and manga used to lewd the nuns out of nowhere.

"I am a good father cause my baby is this cute. Do you have an idea for his name? I and Lina are confused about what to name him...wait... how about Ralph junior?"

As soon as he said it, I started crying. No offense intended, but I did not want this kind of name, especially with junior attached to it.

"See, even baby doesn't want a name like Ralph. I was right, he sure is like Lina more." Priestess Kyra starts laughing.

"That is not true..." Father frowns and mutters slowly, being like mom aside, she sure was right.

"Well, 5 days are left Ralph, take your time to name him. Now excuse me, the church would be suspicious even though I explicitly said I am just meeting you like an old friend," she says and stands up from her seat.

"I thought you would have dinner with us tonight, But I guess even though you warn me, you are doing more dangerous work than me," my father said with a smirk.

"Bye, for now, I believe and pray that no accident happens during the Brightest Star festival," she says, while holding her hand in a praying manner.

Did she just raise a massive flag like an idiot?

A frown appears on my face.

She then waved and chant again, sending a light ball towards me, but I did not touch it this time and just waved back.

"Sure, is smart," she says before leaving.

Tonight, I am sleeping with mom and father. He is hugging me like a gorilla. I spent many hours coming up with various theories and scenarios, but at the end of the day, I am just a baby. I could just pray nothing bad would happen on Naming Day.

"Ralph junior...baby is" My father mumbles slowly in his sleep.

Never!! if I could shout at my father's sleep talk, I would have already done that but I can't so I pulled his beard hair.

"Guess…. not." Father continues mumbling, with a frown on his face.

Right, No Ralph junior... after that, I do not know when I fall asleep.

 

(Author's note- Hope ya enjoyed it, feel free to put your suggestions, tips and questions in comments, Comments and hearts on the chapter are fuel to my motivation)

14