The Night of the Festival and Chaos #3
304 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mansion, which always seemed delightful, was surrounded by an air of despair. Lina was sitting on the couch hugging Ryu hard, Aiena was holding back her tears, all the maids were confused at the sudden development, three mages were also discussing something quietly near the gate, Ralph was sitting at the side of Lina hugging her hard and patting her around 30 mins have passed since they come back to the mansion.

Kyle was getting restless at them not saying anything or discussing anything and he couldn't hold back anymore and said in a low voice while looking towards Lina,

"Daughter, I believe you should give the baby away" as soon as he said this before Lina could say anything. Aiena was the one who shouted

"NO!!!! Young Master is not evil!! he is kind and gentle, I don't want him to die" and she sobs after shouting this and seeing her irritatingly Kyle said back to her in a low cold voice

"So what you want us all to suffer, die, or be declared heretic whose father did you think started this series of misfortune. Who is the source of church doubt in the first place!!?"

As soon as he said this, Ralph stood up and said with an angry look with a blaze in his eyes,

"Kyle-Father just stop!! Aiena is just like our daughter. If you say one more bad thing too, her leave me aside, Lina might not remember you are her father. We have no intention of giving up on our child,"

"I'll burn anyone and everyone if they try to touch my baby," Lina said as she looks upward toward Kyle while hugging Ryu tighter, everyone leaving Snow and Ralph were gulping in fear hearing how she said it so easily with a blaze in her eyes. Kyle protested with a look that almost seem as if he was begging.

"Please Lina, only you are left to me. He is just a kid. You can have more I got only you, we can all be safe just by giving him away"

"Father, if you one more time suggested giving the baby away you can leave, I am already having a hard time holding back," Lina replied with a cold stare

"Just when I thought I've secured my daughter and given her best, why!!!!, now everyone here knows you are the Lina of Crimson Flames. Mages of kingdom and Circle, if they got a hint of this again, they will bother you again and force you to share how you do it or try examining you. " after a short pause he continued.

"You remember how bad it was when those guys were behind you and if church declared you a heretic over that, I can't imagine what they will do. They can even suggest Human Experimentation on a heretic daughter. Those people are crazy!!! Please I do not want to lose you," he pleaded while looking straight at Lina.

Butler and cable were looking at him with pity, but Lina spoke

"Father, again the same thing, again and again, I am your daughter. It can be important to you but I am not your possession and you do not need to place barricades around me. I am not leaving my baby. there is no way I would, so if you love me then do not demand impossible otherwise," as she finish speaking, she sat back. Ralph looked towards the gate and saw the lights of 4 stars are begging to appear.

And Kyle with a face as if he has given up combed through his hair with his fingers and spoke to the butler

"Tell the carriage man who comes with me to leave town leaving carriage behind and give him this," saying this he threw a small bag towards the butler. Butler was not ready and the bag fell on the ground. gold coins were pouring out of this small bag everyone leaving Ralph was shocked and Kyle spoke.

"Are you a fool? Now hurry up; we do not have enough time. " everyone was shocked seeing the sudden change in Kyle's atmosphere and Ralph asked him

"Father, what are you up to now??"

"You know when Lina run away from home and conquered the Hell's flame dungeon alone, she said the same things back then, I know I cannot change her mind but If it is for my daughter, I can even throw away the name of Vanir household and give up on my life, maybe her love for her child is just like me," said Kyle with an expression which seems solemn and then he continued

"Escape taking your wife, baby, and those of your family with you, Ralph... Lina my daughter, I love you since I come here. I tried to convey it but I guess am only good at using money as you said when you left me for the first time. Escape using my carriage they will think I am the one who is escaping and you can be a bit safer while leaving. " hearing him say this, Lina began crying and Ralph asked everyone who want to leave with them.

All the maids and snow said they want to go together with their Lord Viscount. Yuna was looking around for a bit and spoke

"I can not leave this tranny of church as it is!! Lord Viscount, I will go to the church of Goddess of Justice and tell them about this"

"As you wish Yuna, mages are not bound to the household in the first place. You all can just remain here as always, you too snow," Ralph said while nodding

"No, I will go with baby," snow said as if she was speaking facts.

They had a meeting of sorts and decided on the details of their escape plan. Everyone was adding their ideas and ways. Only cable was quiet all along. Everyone was motivated to escape and save their young Lord and when almost all discussion was done, Kyle spoke to everyone.

"Everyone, I leave the protection of my daughter, you all. Ralph, if she even got a scratch, I will beat you no matter where you are, the carriage could only take 6 people and others will create a diversion so escape will be smooth for them, As Goddess of Light is known for her mercy the people that will be causing the disturbance will not be punished or in the worst case, I will help them. So please help my daughter"

Then he moves toward Lina, who was still holding Ryu tightly while patting Aiena who fell asleep hearing all the complex planning, and asked her

"Can I hold my grandson for a bit? I want to have a chat with him"

"Sure father, am sure he will love it" Lina spoke to her father with warmth for the first time which make him smile. He took Ryu from Lina's arm and going a bit away from, everyone spoke in a low voice almost whispering

"You, I do not know if you are a demon or apostle or anything else. I am sorry for hurrying to give you away. Do not think this grandfather did not love you. I was in heaven since the day I come to know about your birth of a child of my daughter. But I still love my daughter the most if giving you away means her protection. I will do that as many times it takes!!"

He paused as he said this and Ryu was thinking

'I totally get him wrong he loves mother too much that it is almost making me feel pity for him, he is just an overprotective father.... way better than that uncle of mine'

Ryu began crying even Kyle was crying and while sobbing Kyle continued

"Please promise me you will bring her to me before this old body of mine hit death's bed, I cannot imagine a death where my daughter is far from me and would not even know I died, Demon or not, apostle or not, but that status window clearly state you are no normal baby so if you understand it, please give me hint so I can leave from here being assured"

Both were full of tears and others were wondering what they were talking about and Ryu thought

'For now, I am a baby. I cannot do anything, but I promise someday I will fulfill your wish, Grandpa.'

And he did a thumbs up from his hand and Kyle began laughing thinking 'really is special!! My grandson' and he give Ryu back to Lina and asked the butler to bring an old robe.

And wearing the old robe, he started leaving from the back door of the mansion so no one will think The Head of Vanir's house departed. Everyone left was quite impressed by his actions and his dedication to his daughter and Lina softly from behind.

"We will meet again someday, father; you are the best but too much father,"

Hearing this with a warm smile, Kyle leave because it was something Lina always used to say when she was very young their bond was tied again. After Kyle leave Cable asked Ralph.

"Lord, can I visit my home once before we start the plan? I need to get a magic tool which might help us in causing a disturbance,"

"Yes cable, but be back soon. 4 stars are becoming intense. We only got one and a half hours at, hand" Ralph replied while putting a hand on his shoulders. And cable left everyone was having various thoughts as to how this night will end and what they will do.

'We need to be with Viscountess' both Lana and Hina thought, remembering all the spoiling and love they received from Lina

'I will protect baby' snow thought

'I need to repay lord by causing disturbance' butler thought

And everyone else was thinking the same kind of things, which proves the dedication and belief in the Rivera household leaving only one person Cable while running away from the mansion is thinking only this

'A demon...he...he….is…..ademongod.apostle..'.

To be continued~

(Author's note- anyone interested in reviewing so far)

12