Chapter 1: Love at first sight
85 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The nightmare from last night was truly horrifying, leaving me filled with anxiety all day long," Jane thought, her steps echoing on the sidewalk of Royal City Bridge. She stared up at the dark sky, obscured by a layer of polluted gray smoke.

With each passing moment, Jane grew more restless, her eyes glued to her phone screen. She anxiously refreshed her messaging app, hoping for a reply from Victor. It had been three long months since their last video call, where she had seen his warm smile. The pain in her heart became unbearable.

"Just hearing his voice, even if only for a second, would ease my soul. Perhaps I'm being selfish, but right now, that's all I want," she whispered, her sorrow transforming into tears. Her heart raced within her chest as she continued to gaze at her phone. The message she had sent an hour ago, expressing how much she missed him, remained unread, just like the countless others she had sent over the past three months.

"He must be busy with work," she reasoned, trying to console herself amidst the mounting anxiety.

As Jane made her way towards her car, she couldn't help but notice the spot where she and Victor had shared their first kiss three months prior.

"That day, you were breathtakingly beautiful, too irresistible to resist," she reminisced, her mind filled with memories of the day she first encountered her true love, Victor.

...

It was a scorching summer day, the sun blazing high in the sky as Jane and her sister, Bella, enjoyed the luxury of an executive room with a stunning garden view at the Grand Hotel, a five-star establishment.

Jane was overjoyed to reunite with her sister after a long separation. She reveled in the lavishness of the room and the serene green scenery visible from their balcony. It was a moment of indulgence facilitated by Bella's prosperity.

The sisters lounged by the poolside, sipping on fresh coconut water and relishing the beautiful view when suddenly, Jane heard a cry for help. "Somebody help! She's drowning!"

A splash followed, and Victor leaped into the pool to rescue the drowning girl.

"Look! That man is saving her!" The commotion drew attention, causing the crowd to grow noisy and chaotic.

Victor swiftly pulled the girl out of danger and administered first aid, saving her life. The heroic act earned him applause from the onlookers.

Intrigued by the man who had demonstrated such bravery, Jane made her way through the crowd, hoping to catch a glimpse of the hero.

Victor stood at the center of the commotion, surrounded by people, and his striking presence immediately caught Jane's eye.

With his jet-black hair drenched in water, his muscular physique, and his captivating face, he seemed ethereal under the blazing sun, a picture-perfect vision.

As for what happened next, Jane was unsure. She found herself in a daze, unable to tear her gaze away from him. And before she knew it, she was following him. Victor noticed her presence but didn't seem to mind—at least, not at first.

Heading towards the men's locker room to change, Victor slowed his pace. Jane matched his stride, gradually closing the distance between them. When Victor finally stopped in front of the locker room, he turned to Jane and asked, "Are you planning to follow me inside?"

Jane was taken aback, still trying to process the situation. She responded hastily, "May I?"

"Oops," she realized, meeting his eyes. Victor had been addressing her directly.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I don't know what I was thinking," she quickly replied, attempting to cover up her impulsive response. Her embarrassment flushed her cheeks, turning them a deep shade of crimson.

"I see," Victor replied, his expression betraying his amusement.

"This is the first time I've encountered such a bold woman," he thought, intrigued.

For a full minute, they locked eyes, their gazes unyielding.

Jane remained motionless, captivated by his warm, light brown eyes.

"Wow, your eyes are truly beautiful!" Jane found herself thinking aloud, her words escaping her mind unintentionally.

Victor's demeanor shifted, a flirtatious smile gracing his lips. It was the first time he had received such a heartfelt compliment from such a stunning woman. He was momentarily unsure of how to respond.

"Thank you," he finally managed to say, taking a confident step closer to Jane.

Jane couldn't resist the pull and found herself blurting out her thoughts once more, "Wow, you're so incredibly sexy!"

Chuckling softly, Victor remarked, "You know, you're quite bold for such a gorgeous lady to say such things to a stranger."

He pulled her into his arms, and to Jane's surprise, she didn't resist. She was utterly mesmerized by him.

Never before had she mustered the courage to be so forward with a man, but something had taken hold of her in that moment. She found herself wrapped in his strong arms, his firm embrace melting away any resistance she might have harbored. Her feet left the ground as she leaned closer to him, their faces mere inches apart. With closed eyes, she anticipated a kiss, her heartbeat thundering in her ears.

"Looks like you are not resisting, are you interested in me?" he asked, his grip around her waist loosening.

Jane snapped back to reality. "I... umm... I'm interested!" she stammered, her voice betraying her blush as her body temperature soared.

"Would you like to have dinner with me?" Victor asked confidently, extending an invitation without hesitation.

Jane accepted his offer without a moment's thought. "It's a date then," she replied, her excitement overcoming any lingering doubts.

0