Chapter 015: Yue Yang is here!
1.6k 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fiancée, a term Tian Lang got used to in these two months.

Apparently, the two-legged creatures–, Humans, get married to become partners and live together. The term ‘Fiancée’ is used to call the other party before they become true partners.

Complex, as he would expect from the Humans but he ‘perfectly’ understood their reason to get married, perfectly.

He and the leopard were also partners. They lived together, and literally at that. One lived in the light and the other in the shadows.

The leopard was already healed to its peak. It even got out to hunt occasionally. As expected, none had yet to take notice of its presence or existence. It even brought beast crystals for him.

Even though they were partners, they didn’t need to get married or become fiancée. For such minor things, he felt grateful for being a Beast, that he is. No, as more as he learned about Humans, the more he felt grateful for being a beast.

Still, it was unfair that the Third Young Master, Yue Yang, won’t teach him anything for its fiancée. This naturally calls for a scolding.

In these two months, Tian Lang understood the gap and position between Humans with big fleshy mounds and small fleshy mounds more properly.

No matter how much a human with small fleshy mounds disliked, they dared not reject its orders. Exactly how he saw Yue Yang and Fourth Mother!

He was going to either pester Fourth Mother, also known as Lady Xian, to teach him or make it scold Yue Yang. How dare it ignore him and dilly-dally with a letter?

Skillfully bypassing the maids, Tian Lang entered the familiar room. It was simple with the most basic necessities. Sadly, he failed to find Lady Xian.

“Hehehe, huhuhu”

Just as the disappointed pup turned away, he heard a peal of bell-like laughter.

This laughter full of innocence and purity only brought chills down to his spine.

Bullied, the mighty pup was bullied by a small human!

Pulling his shiny furs, chasing him day and night, treating him like a mount, and even throwing him in the waters. Every time he saw this human he wanted to hide. It wasn’t that he didn’t retaliate.

It was weak.

Like really weak.

But after he hurt it once, Lady Xian scolded him for hours. When he wanted to run away and hide, it daggered him with vicious eyes. He could only sit like a wronged kid getting scolded for defending himself. Lady even kept him famished for half a day!

Going without food for days hardly hindered the pup but he was given an empty plate. Bringing him to a pitiful state. His emotional state further strengthened the effect of the scolding!

Though he was given plenty later that day.

It was that day Tian Lang realized the vicious side of the gentle Lady Xian and the might hidden inside ‘scolding’.

After that time, he never ever hurt the small human again, not even in mistake!

It took him only one lesson and Tian Lang realized the great potential hidden in this scolding that he even went as far as to name it as one of the Great’s.

The Great Scolding!

From then on, he was especially careful around the small human, Yue Shuang.

“Mommy, I will go to Xiao San-gege~!”

“Shuang-er, wait a moment. Your hairs are still wet.”

“Nooooo~” Yue Shuang didn’t wait for Lady Xian and ran out of the bath in joy. It directly ran out of the room while humming happily.

It was fortunate that Tian Lang hid behind the bed, else he didn’t know how long it would have taken before it gave up on ‘humiliating’ him.

As soon as Yue Yang left, Tian Lang jumped inside the bath.

He had already heard the voice of Lady Xian from this room.

The bath was slightly misty from the hot water. It was still easy for Tian Lang to find Lady Xian.

“Owooo~” Tian Lang howled and jumped at the human.

He jumped directly at Lady Xian’s plentiful fleshy mound. He could see the mounds getting bigger and bigger by the moments. But just as he was about to dive into them, his nose followed by his temple slammed on a supple palm.

Naturally, he fell inside the bathtub. Full of warm water.

Lady Xian deftly blocking Tian Lang, soaked its body in the tub.

It slightly nudged Tian Lang’s head, which popped up from the water.

Beaming, it asked, “So, what are you up to now, you mischievous puppy.”

“Owww,” Tian Lang sulked. He wasn’t fond of bath and water. Especially when he gulped quite a mouthful one time. Still, the Humans forced him, so he had to bathe from time to time.

“Oh my, are we sulking now?”

Unlike how Yue Yang thought, Lady Xian wasn’t ignorant of Tian Lang’s talent and ability. In fact, it probably understood Tian Lang better than anyone. But at the same time, Lady Xian could hardly understand just what kind of existence he was.

It was like many types of high-level, yet contradicting bloodlines were forced into a single vial and given a form. Something that should have been impossible. Yet, such absurdity existed in front of it.

The only solace was probably that this pup had yet to show any power of those bloodlines.

Tian Lang got up and stood on the tub railings.

Swatting all the waters away from his furs, he barked and complained.

“Hmm? San’er is sulking?” Surprisingly, Lady Xian could even understand Tian Lang. Tian Lang wagged his tail in anticipation and barked more, “And you also want to sulk?”

Alas, it seemed proper communication between them was still a bit far-fetched.

His tail limped and Tian Lang looked sad and hurt.

“Don’t get pouty now. I can’t understand if you don’t put your emotion into barking properly.” Lady Xian messed his wet furs while continuing, “Right, you still haven’t told me where you came from?”

“Woof~! Woof~!”

“Eh, a forest? No, I mean what’s the first thing you can remember.”

“Awoo...” Tian Lang drooped his ears and barked again.

“Hm? Bones, a lot of decayed boys and shiny things. It disappeared and you don’t know where it is? Then you were suddenly inside a forest with lots of beasts?”

Tian Lang nodded his head and continued barking. He told his experiences from the start until coming here. As he was excited he forgot many things such as the runes and the Twilight Beast he met.

“Even if you say so many things, Shiny things... I can’t see any, I do, however, see some runes and a cursed dagger. Your evolution path is foggy so it should be different from a Holy Beast. The shadow beast in your shadow is a good one but its evolution path is the hardest.” Lady Xian sighed, raising the puppy above its head, “What makes me worried is your bloodlines. The last thing I want to hear is an explosion destroying a part of the continent. What kind of parents did you have...”

Parents? Tian Lang wondered.

He had heard some stuff from Yue Yang. Humans and Beasts, or rather most of the living beings have parents. A father and mother. Was there any necessity of such things? Again, Human complicated stuff.

“Woof, wwoo!” He barked again.

“Huh? You don’t have any parents? Oh my, I didn’t know you could lie,” Lady Xian giggled happily while giving Tian Lang some tour of underwater. It enjoyed the unrestrained way of speaking with this puppy. For some reason, he made Lady Xian feel calm and relaxed. Maybe his cute look had a charm to it. Although, Lady Xian shouldn’t let its spirit be so free like this; still, it decided this place was safe.

Although this human said many things Tian Lang was unaware of, for some reason he could understand them. Lying.

Stating differently from the real event, or twisting truth by saying falsehood, that’s what it means to lie. Why would someone do such a thing? Tian Lang couldn't understand.

He wanted to clarify but Lady Xian abruptly stood up. It looked in a direction with particularly nothing there and murmured, “Yue Yang is here.”

Tian Lang was pushed aside, a towel thrown on top of him.

He rushed away from the towel and when he was out, Lady Xian was already dressed. It walked out of the bath and sat down on the bed.

“Ah! Third Young Master jumped on the river! Someone call the Third Madam!”

A commotion broke outside. The servants and maids were causing mayhem and shouting loudly.

Hearing the commotion Lady Xian walked out, “What’s happening here? Why are you shouting?”

“Ah! Third Madam, the Xue Family rejecting the young master’s engagement hit him too hard. He couldn’t bear the shame anymore and decided to drown himself!” A maid wholeheartedly explained.

“What? Where is San-er now? Bring me to San-er immediately!” Lady Xian panicked and grabbed the maid's hand urgently.

The change in Lady Xian’s temperament was like heaven and earth.

However, Tian Lang didn’t find it weird. He had seen this so many times that he started to feel this was how it should be.

Tian Lang followed the maid and Lady Xian to Yue Yang’s quarter.

There they found a wet, naked Yue Yang laying on the bed. Only a bed covering his lower part.

“Ah! San-er, how can you do something so foolish!” Lady Xian rushed at Yue Yang.

Placing its palm on Yue Yang’s chest, Lady Xian confirmed Yue Yang’s vital sign. Only then did Lady Xian let out a breath of relief.

“Mommy, why is Xiao San-gege sleeping now? I’m calling him but he won’t wake up.”

Yue Shuang was also there, causing Tian Lang to close in on Lady Xian’s body.

He suddenly sniffed the air and frowned. Continuing his sniffing, Tian Lang reached Yue Yang’s body.

The smell troubled him.

This was definitely not the smell of the Yue Yang he knew of!

But their appearance looked the same!

“Tian, hug!”

The little human, Yue Shuang, finally noticed the pup and reached out its hands with a strange glow in its eyes.

Tian Lang instantly cowered. The unfamiliar scent in the air caused his guard to lower against this small human.

“Mmmh...”

But the timely noise saved him from the trouble.

“Ah! His eyes moved, he’s awake! Xiao San-gege is finally awake!” Yue Yang's eyes had not fully opened when Yue Shuang’s leaned its body on Yue Yang.

“Shuang-Er, don’t be rude towards your brother…” Lady Xian gently reprimanded the little human.

Yue Yang slowly opened its eyes. It curiously looked at the little human, then the beautiful human with big fleshy mounds. From curiosity, its eyes changed to surprise then appreciation.

Lady Xian saw that Yue Yang was awake and its smile disappeared. It’s face was filled with a grieved and guilty expression, “San-er, don’t be so rash again next time. Who gives you the notion to drown yourself in the river when things get hard? Luckily we managed to save you in time, otherwise, how would I… how would I face my older sister? When big sis entrusted you to me, Fourth Mother, I had already thought of you as my own child. San-er, so many years past, I could never have the heart to punish you. This time you made a big mistake and if I don’t make you remember the lesson today, I would be letting my big sister down. Next month, wait until your Fourth Uncle comes back, ask him for a beating as your punishment.”

The little human twitched its cute nose and followed along, “Ask him for a beating, “papapa”, let him beat you until your butt is swollen!”

Yue Shuang’s mention of “papapa” reminded Tian Lang of the human language he couldn’t understand as of yet. He decided to remember it as something he must learn in the future.

Tian Lang was completely bewildered. Even he could see that this Yue Yang was an imposter, how could the big fleshy mounded human not see it?

Still, he warned... by barking.

“Woof! Woof!”

Yue Yang had cold sweats pouring down its face. It was trying its best to not get caught. But the presence of a ‘dog’ definitely didn’t look good.

Lady Xian took Tian Lang in its arms, and noticed Yue Yang’s cold sweat and face as pale as a sheet. Looking guilty, its voice turned gentler, “San-er, it’s okay if you understand your mistakes. Young people shouldn’t be afraid of making mistakes, but it’s a problem if they don’t learn from their mistakes. Fourth Mother has watched you grow up and knows that you know what’s good and bad for you. It’s just that the matter of the daughter of the Xue Family rejecting your engagement had hit you too hard and made you do something rash. San-er, even though Xue Family’s daughter is good, if her heart is not set on you, let the engagement go. If you can’t share your troubles and happiness with your wife and support each other in troubled times, then you shouldn’t even get married. Look at our Yue Family, we are one of the big four families. There are so many girls in this world, did you think you won’t be able to find one?”

“Ah, yes...” Yue Yang looked a bit relieved and sighed out.

“Grrr...” but Tian Lang wasn’t someone who let go of any matter so easily.

37