Chapter 058: Transcending Mythical Beast
481 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Tian Lang forcefully shook off the uncomfortable feeling. To mask his nervousness, he asked a question in a hurry, “Is the Golden King Beast Bloody Queen a Holy Beast?”

The chaotic being thought it was possible. Although Bloody Queen had little non-human features such as her wings, overall it was vastly different from all the beasts he had seen or fought so far. Not only that, she had the ability of speech. While it may not be human language, being able to speak meant she could learn.

Grandma Wu Teng shook her head, “It mostly depends on how the Bloody Queen was cultivated. If the Bloody Queen grew up naturally, I’d say no. In case it was capable of speech, then congratulations, you’re close to having a Holy Beast. However, it is incredibly hard to take the next step and stand in the next realm.”

“Then, can you tell us more about Mythical Beasts?”

Although he heard a little description from his roommate Xue Wu Xia, those barely gave him a general view.

“With regards to Mythical Beasts, I don’t know that much.” Grandma Wu Teng paused for a while before talking about Mythical Beasts. She then continued indifferently, “I’ve heard that Mythical Beasts are the same as Holy Beasts, possessing a high intelligence. However, the largest difference between a Mythical Beast and a Holy Beast is that Mythical Beasts possess their own grimoires.”

Possess Grimoires?

Beasts that possess their own Grimoires are called Mythical Beasts?

Then... he really is a Mythical Beast?

Tian Lang wanted to flip the whole classroom upside down. Doesn’t that mean he was a Mythical Beast right after his birth?!

About Mythical Beasts, everyone had the same opinion. They were the same as Holy Beasts but possessed their own grimoires. However, they couldn’t be sure about this either. Whether it was his intelligent roommate or the deeply knowledgeable and experienced Grandma Wu Teng.

“Mythical Beasts can possess their own grimoires? This, how is that possible?” everyone present was shocked, they couldn’t believe that. How could a beast possess a grimoire?

Grandma Wu Teng waved her hand lightly, gesturing everyone to calm down, “I’m not very clear about the specifics. I don’t know if these are facts or rumors. When you have reached that realm, you can research them on your own.”

Tian Lang was a little unconvinced. Just a month ago, he was still working his ass off to become a Holy Beast, and before he knew it, he was already a Mythical Beast. Even more strangely, he had this Nameless Grimoire even before his intelligence unlocked.

However, could he do anything even if he was unconvinced? Since he was already a Mythical Beast, he had to aim for higher! The chaotic being asked with this straightforward yet great ambition, “What is above Mythical Beast?”

As for the possibility of a rank not existing above Mythical Beast? Tian Lang didn’t consider that possibility. Once he saw that giant tree, he understood what being insignificant than a tree truly meant.

“It was said that above Mythical Beasts, there exist beings called Transcending Mythical Beasts. They are a kind of innate entity, born with their master. It wouldn’t be possible for normal warriors to have them… Legend has it that once in every ten thousand years, someone with that luck would appear in the Soaring Dragon Continent. But it is only a legend and there are no records about Mythical Beasts in this world. With regards to Mythical Beasts, I don’t really understand. I can only talk about Holy Beasts as the main point in this lecture.”

“Transcending Mythical Beasts...” Tian Lang mused. From what he understood, it wasn’t likely the realm he was searching for. Born with the master? He was his own master, did that count?

Wait, wouldn’t that mean he was a Transcending Mythical Beast? Tian Lang shook his head at this joking thought.

Jokes aside, it seemed like his only choice was to ascend the Tong Tian Tower and enter the fabled Heaven Realm.

Grandma Wu Teng’s eyes that were filled with wisdom brushed across Tian Lang’s face as she smiled, “With regards to cultivating a Holy Beast, actually, a lot of people know the method of cultivating them. However, they don’t have the power to do it. Listen to this carefully and, maybe you guys could cultivate a Holy Beast in the future!”

Hello, I, a Mythical Beast, is standing in front of you. Tian Lang silently criticized in all nervousness and helplessness. The word cultivating felt humiliating. He wasn’t some livestock!

“In order to cultivate Holy Beasts, it is best if they are Guardian Beasts, as they will never truly die or betray their master! If for some reason the Guardian Beast couldn’t be cultivated, you can cultivate other beasts too. A Holy Beast cultivation method is simply to make your beasts level up continuously, increase their intelligence, and evolve them to be more human-like. It is the same for every type of beast.

“In Tong Tian Tower, there is a World’s Tree Quest that will give you a Wisdom Fruit as a reward. This is one way to increase a beast’s intelligence. Refining a Magical Pill that will develop a beast’s brain, increasing their intelligence, is another way. Also, in the first floor of Tong Tian Tower, at the Twelve Zodiac Temples, every time one finishes a challenge with one hundred percent completion rate, one will receive a reward from the Ancient Code. If one completed it with more than one hundred percent completion rate, he may be able to increase his beast’s intelligence… Therefore, if one could complete all the challenges in the Twelve Zodiac Temples and successfully passes, he should be able to cultivate a beast with a Holy Beast’s intelligence.” Grandma Wu Teng’s words reminded Tian Lang of the hardships he had gone through to enter [Star’s Domain]. In the end, he rushed to Ivy Academy for the secret of Fleshy Mounds and even forgot about the initial hype of entering Star’s Domain.

It was understandable since he couldn’t gain the benefits for himself in the first place.

As for training Guardian Beasts, with the multiple racial based contracts in his arsenal, he had to worry about how-to-not-have-a-guardian-beast.

“As long as one succeeded once in completing the challenge and acquired higher intelligence rewards, then they would not be able to redo the challenge. They can only go to the next temple. If all twelve Zodiac temples have been completed, they can go to Tong Tian Tower’s Second Floor and complete the Heaven, Earth, and Humanity Halls. These Three Halls also have the same type of reward. On higher floors, there are similar types of challenges. Also the continuation for the World’s Tree Quest and many other difficult quests… The older generation had passed down these wise words before, “Higher risks, higher returns!

“If you want to cultivate a Holy Beast, you would need to go through countless difficult challenges and experience many more arduous battles. Only then will your beast level up even higher. This cultivation depends on each individual’s training – how many quests you can do, how many hardships you can stand, how many battles you can face, and how high you can cultivate your beasts – all these depend only on yourself, no one can help you with them. There’s no shortcut to cultivation… Children, at a young age, it’s the best time for you to learn and improve yourselves. Hence, you must treasure your youth and your chances!” Grandma Wu Teng’s words opened a new door of knowledge for everyone present.

Although they had not stepped into that realm, they now had the knowledge. They now knew that there was another realm at higher places, another wonderful world beyond what they had thought of.

The Soaring Dragon Continent was just the starting point.

The real place for strong Rankers was in the higher levels of Tong Tian Tower, which was the real world that belonged to the strongest.

Of course, Grandma Wu Teng’s class was hardly beneficial to the little girls or the two unfriendly students, because the difference in their abilities were too far. Their beasts’ levels were also heaven and earth apart from becoming Holy Beasts. They were just like primary school kids who had gone to a university lecture. Although they had absorbed some knowledge, in reality, they could hardly bring them to practice. Tian Lang, who had gone through those levels, even someone who had trained their beasts to that level wouldn’t understand as much as him!

It was evident, without Tian Lang’s presence she wouldn’t have revealed the secrets of cultivating Holy Beast or explain them in detail.

After Grandma Wu Teng’s class, Tian Lang attended another class. However, it was nowhere near the previous class. If the previous lecture was for his level, this class was for the little kids and normal warriors of the Soaring Dragon Continent. They were just too low-level for the chaotic being whose base was covered by three different teachers.

Following his pre-arranged plan with Meng Delan, he used the teleportation scroll handed to him to return beneath the tree hut. Strangely, when he followed the teacher’s instruction, he came out of the academy gate.

Obviously, the same way didn’t work to enter this weird place. Meng Delan had specifically told him to use this scroll to return to the tree hut. They weren’t even in the academy ground!

Tian Lang’s praise for the divine teacher almost lost all bounds!

Only then did he take a good look at the surroundings and it left him astounded.

After a certain amount of distance, the whole area was surrounded by herbs of all kinds. Even though it was noon, a faint layer of thick fog could be seen above the herbs. A careful look and the keen chaotic being realized those were herbal qi being condensed.

A further distance away was a mystical forest. Serpents without wings flew around the tree, squirrels with lightning zapping around their legs lunged at the snakes, deers jumped on the trees to forage fruits and monkeys rode the wolves.

“Woah~” a sigh of amazement left Tian Lang’s throat.

“It’s beautiful, right?”

Beautiful? Yes, but if Tian Lang was here during his pup-days, those squirrels would’ve been his perfect bully materials. He would bully those squirrels until they cried a sea of tears. An army of crying-but-without-tears-squirrels didn’t sound bad to him at all!

No, it sounded impressive and terrifying!

Just imagine an army of bloody-mouthed crying squirrels at your door!

Just the momentum alone would scare most creatures away!

Only then Tian Lang realized Meng Delan had sneaked behind him during his reverie.

Since Tian Lang had already moved to her place, there was no need for their class to be held in the library. Also, the chaotic being’s new lesson would be far more effective in this open-space.

“I’m amazed in a way that you only noticed my garden now but at the same time, that’s so like you. However!...

With your new training, you will have no choice but to expand your awareness. Now, I present you...” As Meng Delan spoke in both pleased and haughty tone as if giving her life’s most proud sales pitch, Tian Lang passed by her and looked at the one-foot tall tree trunk.

The diameter was barely enough for one person to stand. The top was cut flat but the bottom had been smoothly rounded. Since it was dry and light, once the top was imbalanced the trunk would be extremely shaky.

 

What's up~

17