Chapter 059: Interesting?
502 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Meng Delan deliberated once. Why did her dear student lack such basic knowledge? No, not just basic knowledge, even about life. Did he have some intelligence problem?

She had an answer for that.

The chaotic being had no such problem but spent a peculiar childhood. He was excellent both in terms of absorbing and executing new knowledge.

But why did his thought always follow some strange yet same pattern?

While she had an answer for that too, she couldn’t be sure. It was related to his childhood and the lack of strong challenges in life. The rare instances where he faced a strong challenge were solved without much trouble. Since he had no deep trouble, why would he think deeply?

Strictly speaking, even humans would avoid thinking if they had no challenges. If she pushed Tian Lang out of his comfort zone, he would have no choice but to think.

Think and come up with a solution!

Fine, she had no such grand thought initially. She wanted to bully the chaotic being for looking down on her hard work. And train his [Instinct] at the same time.

Looking at the Tia Lang, who had the trunk under his control, the divine teacher with malicious thought grinned.

Tian Lang also turned to her and grinned back. He skillfully rotated his body on top of the trunk or used the trunk’s rounded bottom to inch ahead. It was easy as drinking water so he couldn’t help but ask, “Is this my new lesson? Isn’t this too easy?”

“Isn’t it? How can I give any trouble to my dear student? Go back to your original position,” the divine teacher instructed, smiling sweetly.

Tian Lang shrugged. Moving his legs left-and-right, he inched backward.

Still smiling, Meng Delan touched the tree bark and pulled a barely visible string.

Four pairs of batons, two in a bundle, fell from the tree and dangled mid-air. After a short pause, they glided at him from all four sides.

This is it? Tian Lang was disappointed. He put weight on his left leg and he avoided the sticks. To be honest he was looking forward to this new training.

As he looked at the easy as pie training, the chaotic being thought of today’s lesson.

Avoiding another round of batons, he thought about what Grandma Wu Teng said. Holy Beast, Mythical Beast... and Transcending Mythical Beast. What was the use of training other beasts when he had to train himself?

Fighting enemies? Isn’t it better to do it yourself? Not like your beasts are stronger than yourself. The chaotic being found it completely worthless and waste of time. It was a meaningful question to him. Even humans who couldn’t contract a [Grimoire] trained their spiritual qi to contract beasts. Which was nothing less than ridiculous!

Since Tian Lang couldn’t come up with the answer, he decided to take another’s help. Someone who cultivated beasts and taught others.

“Teacher Meng... why, does everyone want to cultivate beasts? Isn’t it better to cultivate yourself further?”

Meng Delan noticed Tian Lang’s deeper and serious tone. It was different from his usual nonchalant tone without a care for the world. She smiled and asked back, “Then, tell me why shouldn’t they cultivate beasts?”

Hmm, why shouldn’t? Tian Lang thought a little and replied, “It’s a waste of time and their beasts are not necessarily stronger than themselves.”

“How is it a waste? They are training their beast. Not dilly-dallying or sleeping all day,” the teacher emphasized the word ‘their’ and explained, “Their beasts belong to them and, as you said, not necessarily stronger than themselves. However, they add to their [Summoner]’s weakness! Summoners can’t be versatile by themselves, but once they add elemental-type beasts in their rank, they can further use their enemy’s weakness. Besides, some summoners have beasts stronger than themselves. It depends on whether you can train them to that point.”

Tian Lang avoided another round of batons, still unconvinced. If you can’t use elemental attack, just learn it. You’re not just learning the elemental attack. You’re getting stronger! Isn’t that far better than taking care of contracted beasts? He had heard how careful humans had to be to take care of their beasts.

That was totally ridiculous! They are your contracted beasts! Not Master!

Seeing Tian Lang unconvinced, Meng Delan felt helpless. This was indeed one of her worries. The chaotic being had shown little interest in cultivating beasts. Thankfully she had a solution and was only waiting for him to ask that.

Gleeful, she added, “Think it like this. You’re facing a Demon Legion. Without any beasts, you have to face the entire legion alone... No, no, I’m not doubting that you can’t fight against an entire demon legion. However!... If you cultivated multiple beasts to their Holy Rank, imagine what would happen?

“A few Holy Beasts will take care of the Demon Legion for you while you enjoy delicacies in the fleshy mounds of the beautiful and charming Holy Beasts~. Just imagine the looks on the demon legion’s face! That envious and kill-to-get gaze alone would be enough for anyone to wish they had cultivated Holy Beasts!

“Alas, You’ll never get to enjoy the despairing gaze of those demon soldiers.”

Meng Delan said, feeling truly regretful. As for how much the chaotic being could fare against a Demon Legion, and the effort to cultivate that many Holy Beasts, as well as the aesthetic preference of demons, she decided to selectively ignore such details.

It was not without any reason either. She believed Tian Lang had the ability to do what others lacked.

The chaotic being already disappeared from the garden. Surrounding him were nine demon legions, their numbers surpassed 10,000 while Tian Lang and his Holy Beasts only numbered nine.

However, in this tense situation, he wasn’t worried at all. Head resting on Bloody Queen’s ample breasts, he looked at Black-haired Holy Beast who fed him honey-coated crystals. She had sharp yet gentle leopard’s eyes. A pair of Golden Crown Thorny Flower Queens stood guard in front of him. Hundreds of thousands of small thorny flower clusters rose around and caused mayhem in the demon legions.

Leaving them aside, five Holy Beasts caused chaos and disorder among demon ranks by breathing fire or freezing an entire legion.

Countless demons were gazing him with–

Right at that moment, an arrow tore through the air and pierced his chest, blasting him two meters backward. The Bloody Queen behind his back blasted in particles.

While Tian Lang was lost in his daydream a stick stuck his chest. Shockingly, the lightweight stick flung him more than a meter away from the trunk.

Meng Delan was even more surprised. For a moment, she felt she saw a huge demon legion and the arrow, which was a baton, pierce Tian Lang’s chest. However, it didn’t look more than an imagination.

Tian Lang eyed the baton-like stick in his hand.

When he was struck by a baton in front, the one behind his back tore due to his body weight.

“Right! Did I tell you that once you break a baton three more will be added?” Meng Delan said with a pleasant grin.

As if on cue, three batons fell from the tree.

Tian Lang shrugged, “I was just careless. Not like six batons can touch me. Besides, how many can you–”

...

When the chaotic being noticed the top half of the tree, he gave up his disdain.

Another discovery that made him sweat to no end, was the string that held the batons. Apparently, they were made of some spider’s saliva and silk. Although weak, they could phase through similar material.

Actually, they weren’t phasing through each other, but the chaotic being couldn’t understand any better.

But his nightmare was far from over.

After an hour, just when Tian Lang got bored, Meng Delan tied his eyes.

Ridiculous! That was Tian Lang’s initial impression. It could barely affect his result. After all, he couldn’t just see the elements, he could even sense them. Yes, the element of life and earth, he could sense them all!

Tump~

Uhh, where’s the baton? What about the strings?

Tump- Tump- Tump- Tump- Tump~

W-what?! The chaotic being couldn’t contain his sanity. As he had been prepared, the six batons only made him wobble. Else, he would’ve been sent flying many times over. The strength behind the batons was little but when they stuck, the force penetrated inside the body. Giving a sensation like someone was itching inside his muscle.

Needless to say, the tumping sound resounded inside the open space for hours.

Throughout the next three days, Tian Lang attended Grandma Wu Teng’s class and diligently focused on overcoming this interesting game.

That’s right. It was nothing more than a game. It wasn’t tiring but immensely vexing. So he had to clear this game with flying colors.

The problem was Tian Lang couldn’t sense the air current. He had some doubt that the cloth tied to his eyes was the culprit, but that didn’t seem like the case. His divine teacher, Meng Delan, didn’t give him any hint on it either.

Every night Tian Lang ate something both delicious and extremely qi rich foods. Needless to say, it was a heaven-like experience for him.

After refining the excess energy, he always got two to five drops of transparent qi.

It was on the fourth day, two unexpected visitors came to find him.

17