Chapter 060: A Harmless Rabbit
422 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Bing’er apologized deeply for not being able to join us. Things are a little complicated in our family, please don’t hold it against her. Also, I would like to thank you for helping Bing’er in her Refining Mission. That girl can be headstrong sometimes. Right, I’m Yue Yu.” Yue Yu smiled and gently said.

She was the human that accompanied the armor-clad royal swordma-, sorry, swordswoman, Princess Qian Qian, when they met for the first time.

“Ah-ha?”

The confused chaotic being became more confused. He could only tilt his head sideways. Realizing Yue Yu and Yue Bing having the same last name, he asked, “So, you’re Yue Bing’s... sis-?”

To avoid getting others suspicious of his identity, the part of learning family interaction went to self-study.

“Cousin,” Yue Yu replied.

Cousin is... father’s brother’s daughter/son, right? Hmm, that’s about right. Did she leak my secret? Tian Lang frowned with that thought as he spoke, “No worries, she helped me too.”

As for Yue Bing’s wish to visit, Tian Lang would’ve long forgotten her if she hadn’t promised to follow him.

“Ah, I’m only here to accompany Qian Qian and pass Bing’er’s message,” noticing Tian Lang’s suspicious gaze, Yue Yu clarified her position.

Only then the chaotic being reluctantly, very reluctantly, turned to the aggressive royal swordswoman. Knowing the other party’s identity he would very much like to avoid her wrath. That being said, he had no reason fawn at her now.

Before he lacked human knowledge and had to act subserviently. This weakness however faded away with time. Due to his inability to transform, even he suspected whether he was human or a beast.

As for his claws, strengthening-beast and even some secret techniques can achieve similar results.

“Haha, Princess, what do you need from this student?”

The royal swordswoman frowned. She acutely noticed the change in his demeanor, “I don’t plan to beat around the bush. Last time I gave you the Wisdom Fruit, now it’s your time to return the favor. I need someone to guide my way, you–”

“Hey, hey, hey, just to be clear, that was a fair trade. F.A.I.R. trade.” Then he turned to Yue Yu and asked to clarify. “Isn’t that right?”

Yue Yu smiled with a troubled expression, “I... Sorry, I can’t really say anything in this matter.”

“You’re not trying to take the wisdom fruit and wash off your hand with this, are you?”

Tian Lang became irritated, “Call whatever that Feng Qi or Feng Ru something captain. We’ll see whether it was a favor or fair trade!”

“It doesn’t matter whether it was a favor or fair trade. If you still wish to attend Ivy Academy, you will listen to me,” the princess coerced with a smug expression.

“What?! You can’t do something like that!”

“Oh? But I can.”

“I-I know the principal, you can’t do anything to me!”

“Heh, don’t you know who I am?”

Shit! So what if you’re the Princess of Da Xia Empire and Ivy Academy is in the capital of Da Xia Empire! Is this the legendary power of official position?! Tian Lang cursed in disdain, but he didn’t feel that much bothered. According to Principal Shui Wu Hen, he had learned the required basics. As for the rest, he could learn them through experience and time. That being said, he wasn’t willing to leave the academy for such a petty reason and bow down to her pressure.

His identity as a genius student was there for a reason. Even Grandma Wu Teng thought highly of him!

Snorting, Tian Lang replied, “Sure, do whatever you can.”

Yue Yu suddenly tugged Princess Qian Qian and said gently, “Qian Qian, how about we let this go? Although my Third Brother lacks any powerful summon, he learned some physical technique. I’m sure he won’t reject my offer if I were to ask him.”

“Even if he killed one or two gatekeepers and bullied Yue Tian and Yue Yan, he would hardly be able to help me. And you know how exaggerated the rumors can get.”

“It shouldn’t be an exaggeration... but if you say so.” Although a bit discouraged, Yue Yu gave up on match-making between her cousin and the royal swordswoman. It wasn’t her first try either. Compared to the ferocious tiger, she was more like a harmless rabbit. She could only remind the obvious fact: “Then again, I don’t think he will fall for your empty threat.”

After they whispered to each other, which was open for him to hear, the royal swordswoman said with regret, “I guess you’re right. It can’t be helped if he doesn’t want the [Water Avoiding Pearl]. Your third brother can help me? Ok, I’ll give him the pearl as thanks.”

“Wait, [Water Avoiding Pearl]? what does it do? No, I mean I never said I don’t want it.”

The sudden change in Princess Qian Qian’s plan caught him off-guard. [Water Avoiding Pearl]? Was this a Platinum-grade treasure?

“Oh? It’s very easy to get it. Help me and I’ll hand it over to you.”

Tian Lang mused. The name sounded quite weird and mighty. [Water Avoiding Pear]? Does it avoid water? Or water avoids it? Such a weird name. Is it even useful?

“If you hand the pearl over to her, I might be willing to help you out.”

“Why do I have to leave it to sister Yu’er?”

“Of course, that’s because you’re not trustable. So she can be our guarantor.”

“Huh? How can you trust her when you can’t trust me? She is with me. You didn’t even exchange more than three lines and you already trust her more than me? Am I that distrustful?” Princess Qian Qian fumed. She never expected Tian Lang to be this irritable. If it wasn’t because she wanted to learn his physical capability, she would’ve long sent him flying with a kick on his family jewel.

“Of course. Not only are you distrustful, but you are even more fierce! Who knows when you might go back on your word. Yu’er on the other hand is not only gentle but also trustable. If you see her aura, you will easily be able to tell, there’s no falsehood in her. She is as pure as... hm, silk?”

Yue Yu blushed. That affectionate way of calling and straight-forward praise without any hint of tease would tug at any girl’s strings. Her thumping heart and suspicious gaze stole a furtive glance of the calm Tian Lang, who was appraising her carefully.

Learning was one thing, but socializing was a different thing altogether. If it was so easy, countless mighty warriors wouldn’t die single, and more wouldn’t live cooped up in their room. In that way, Tian Lang already touched a different height.

For some reasons unknown, the royal swordswoman felt frustrated looking at the two. She forgot her anger and couldn’t help but criticize: “Hello, are you trying to mock me or flirt with Sis Yu?”

‘Do you have to say it out loud?’ Yue Yu wanted to pinch her friend’s back but because of her armor, she could only send a friendly punch.

Tian Lang only eyed her coldly without any intention of replying.

Seeing that he had no intention of going easy, the princess came out clean, “Actually, I’m finding you to form a party. At Eagle’s Cry Valley in Dead Stone Mountain, a royal scouting party mysteriously disappeared. The advisor’s Revelation gift traced it and found out that there was a gigantic energy reaction from there. We’ll just have to take a look. If we find out what’s happening and get treasures from there, we can distribute them according to our needs.”

Tian Lang snorted coldly. Like he would believe human females. They’re as treacherous as snakes, no, even snakes looked cuter compared to them! She says they will distribute according to needs but later will reveal that they need everything.

Speaking about which, as long as they were treasures Tian Lang indeed needs everything. After all, he didn’t train on any weapons, was there any need to think of requirements? Since he had no preference he gets them all!

“I get to choose first, and if we find no treasure?” Tian Lang replied coldly, not revealing his inner glee.

Seeing that Tian Lang remained unmoved, the royal swordswoman could only pursue him with a greater offer, “If we aren’t able to get treasures, I can also request from the state treasury to reward you with a [Water Avoiding Pearl]. This way you can summon beasts underwater.”

“Hmm, can you even request it from the state treasury?” Tian Lang questioned.

Even if she was royalty, she might not have the ability to open the treasury.

“If you don’t trust me, ask your ‘pure as silk Yu’er’.”

Tian Lang nodded at that and eyed the harmless rabbit, Yue Yu, who faltered at his gaze.

“She can indeed request it for you, but...” When Yue Yu said ‘but,’ the royal swordswoman glared her threateningly, but not being able to betray Tian Lang’s ‘trustful’ gaze, she could only bite the bullet, “...but you will have to pass a test.”

“Gosh, Sis Yu, how can you betray me?!”

Tian Lang nodded and swept out a pen and paper seemingly out of his back.

Then handed it over to the confused princess and said, “Write an IOU.”

“What?!”

“Of course, in case you refuse to pay, I can only do this. Even the mighty emperor’s daughter wouldn’t dare to go back from paying once they write an IOU.”

“You, hateful! I’m not writing anything. Sis Yu, let’s go back. I’ll see what Yue Yang has and decide whether or not to continue this scout mission!” the Royal Swordswoman literally fumed. Had it not been for a few things missing in her throat, smoke might’ve left her nostrils.

“Yue Yang? Wait!”

Before Yue Yu could reply to the Royal Swordswoman, the chaotic being grabbed her shoulder and spoke as stared at her eyes deeply, “Yue Yang? Is Yue Yang your cousin too? Does he have a grimoire?”

“Ah, eh? I mean, he is and he does have a grimoire.” Although shaken, Yue Yu still replied with calmness.

“Are you going to the Eagle’s something valley too?”

“Yes, I-”

“Alright, I’ll join you. No need to search for any Yue Yang something!”

“Why-?”

Again Yue Yu was interrupted, but this time, the Royal Swordswoman dragged Tian Lang and Yue Yu with him. “No reason needed. It’s great that you decided to join us.”

The princess was already cooking up plans to trouble Tian Lang one after another. How dare he slander her name!?

The chaotic being felt like he lost a great deal.

But he had to bear it. Although it was fine if this princess of an Empire died due to the fake Yue Yang, wouldn’t it be a great loss if Yue Yu, the harmless rabbit, died too?

Thinking about this, could it be that the fake Yue Yang was trying to assassinate Yue family members? He also remembered the royal swordswoman speaking of something similar that he killed some guards and elders of the Yue Family. Then wouldn’t this chance be the perfect space for him to finish Yue Yu off?

When the chaotic being thought of this, he immediately accepted their proposal.

He would never let that damn fake good’s plan to succeed!

Thus, a fuming tiger, a harmless rabbit, and a devious (?) wolf left for a dangerous mountain range.

20