Chapter 064: Summon! [Carnivorous Twin Thorny Flower]
422 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Fun-fact: Did you know Tian Lang is the main supporting character of this novel?

 

Tian Lang had succeeded in his initial plan. He successfully sealed off his enemy’s flying method.

However, even with the intense shaking from the Iron-winged Crow King’s fall, the grey-robed man wasn’t thrown off and hid in his halo shield like a mole.

Since he wasn’t thrown out of the halo shield, Tian Lang could only back off.

The black-robed man realized its impending doom and hurriedly proceeded to summon his grimoire.

Seeing Qian Qian dashing towards the black-robed with her large sword, the grey-robed man laughed strangely at the black-robed man: “I’ll deal with this little girl. My beast is coincidentally the nemesis of strengthening-type warriors. You take care of this little brat.”

He grasped a strange purplish-black magic ball and flew towards the royal swordswoman.

Qian Qian was about to slash the ball when a stone accurately hit the ball away, changing its direction to a little skeleton.

“NOOO–!!!” with a shrill cry, the grey-robed man disappeared along with the skeleton.

Tian Lang gave a thumb down as he muttered, “Trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice, shame on me.”

Although the target wasn’t him, he never liked these demons’ little trick of dragging him to the Battlefield of Certain Death.

But once he calmed down, Tian Lang also let out a shrill cry: “NOOO!!!~”

Only now did he realize that if the grey-robed man took that damn royal swordswoman away, wouldn’t he have the full freedom to search for whatever could be in the Eagle’s Cry Valley that caused these demon abyss followers to stay in this dreary place for ten years.

Now, he could only eye the swordswoman with grievances overflowing in his eyes.

“What?” Qian Qian questioned. Not being able to make heads and tails of his abnormal behavior. “Did he hit your head? Are you a true retard now?”

“Grr...” Tian Lang bared his fang. Ready to plunge them in that soft body.

When the black-robed man saw this, he cursed loudly: “That damned Lu Dun! He would go crazy as soon as he sees a woman. He is obviously useless, but he still likes to collect female corpses; what a perverted and strange hobby. Now he is stuck in that for half an hour. You think that without your help, I wouldn’t be able to handle two brats still wet behind the ears?”

“Oh? How are you going to deal with us?” the royal swordswoman questioned—her heavy sword bearing a fierce aura.

As Tian Lang silently watched from the sidelines, he saw the black-robed necromancer placed his black, bony hand onto his grimoire. The next moment, blacklight pervaded the whole space as a Headless Horseman, who had a rotting body and a foul stench, was summoned.

It was a Bronze-ranked level 5 Undead-type beast.

The Headless Horseman did not immediately attack Tian Lang. Instead, he rode his similarly rotting skeletal horse straight towards the group of Level 2 Bony Skeletons.

Raising his sizeable black sword, the Headless Horseman slashed downwards with a heavy force, hacking apart and destroying all of those Bony Skeletons. Extending both of his hands, the Headless Horseman gathered all the dark green energy orbs that emerged from the Bony Skeletons, before stuffing them into his dilapidated body.

Afterward, he removed the skull of the Iron-boned Skeleton and fixed it onto his own neck.

The skull shone with a dark green blaze, which disappeared after a while.

Energy began igniting within the eye sockets of the skeletal head.

In an instant, it merged with the Headless Horseman’s body and transformed into a Death Knight. The Death Knight had a dark green body and was much more robust in power and capabilities.

The large black sword from before now burned with the green fluorescent light of the corpses, steaming into the air.

“Just this? Not enough,” the royal swordswoman shook her head. Since Tian Lang was sitting without a thing to do, she couldn’t let him suck his finger and enjoy the view. That wouldn’t sit well with her stomach.

“You dare to be so arrogant when death is right in front of you?” The black-robed man summoned another gigantic black centipede, which was more than ten meters in length.

This was neither a skeletal beast nor an Undead-type beast like the Headless Horseman. It was a living-type beast.

It was the Spirit Guardian Beast of the black-robed man.

Likewise, this large Giant Pincer Centipede was a Bronze-ranked Level 6 beast.

With these two Bronze-ranked Level 6 beasts working together, they could block both Tian Lang and the royal swordswoman.

Tian Lang’s eyes suddenly shone with brilliance. He took a fawning pose and spoke reverently to the black-robed guy, “This necromancer brother, you’re so awesome. I’m sure you’re more than worthy of this useless fleshy pile holder. You also have a black ball, no? How about this: Use that same black ball to teleport in the Battlefield of Certain Death. Nobody would get between you in that way.”

Qian Qian was gobsmacked. She almost failed to articulate her words. “...y, you bastard! Don’t let me get you after this fight, or else I’ll see what you’re made of!”

To Tian Lang’s unblemished and pure~ intention, both Qian Qian and the black-robed necromancer had varying but unexpected reactions.

“I didn’t think a human would understand the uselessness of flesh and glory of bone. Indeed, I’m more interested in your bones. Ah, how fine bone will you have, come, perish under my undead servants and join them!~”

This time, it was Tian Lang’s turn to be gobsmacked. He only said useless fleshy pile holder to rouse the necromancer, who would’ve thought he would really think so. And what beauty of bones? Their only beauty remains between his teeth!

He facepalmed and rested his back on the dead crow king’s corpse.

“Hah-haha...” The royal swordswoman let out a broken but forced laugh. “Useless flesh, heh?”

If Qian Qian looked like a normal girl in a warrior’s attire, then she definitely had the look of a crazy berserker. Her black hair wildly flailed without any breeze, and the gaze that said ‘why are you still not attacking’ fell on Tian Lang, who was squinting at the sky.

Noticing her gaze, Tian Lang’s nose twitched. Rubbing it gently, he said, “Sorry, my nose was feeling itchy.”

Sighing, he turned to the side and summoned his newly evolved [Omnivorous Twin Thorny Flower] from the rankless Grimoire.

The flowers are separately named [Corpse Feeding Thorny Flower] & [Crystal Feeding Thorny Flower], both at Gold-rank Level 2.

When Tian Lang first saw their name, he sweated hard. It was like these thorny flowers sworn to make him penniless and eat all of his war trophies clean as they both respectively held two daunting skills: [Corpse Feeding] & [Crystal Feeding]

If it wasn’t because of Meng Delan’s new guidance and his dream of having two Holy Beast level Golden Crown Thorny Flower Queens protecting and serving him with all might, he wouldn’t even summon these greedy sounding flowers.

Two oversized green and golden flowers landed on the rocky ground. It was Tian Lang’s first time summoning them. Even without his orders, the flowers used [Take Root] and searched for prey.

The chaotic being waved at the fuming royal swordswoman and said in a happy-go-lucky manner that only served to infuriate her more, “Hey~ leave that Death Knight to me~”

Qian Qian gnashed her teeth at his infuriating attitude. She ran past the Death Knight and brandished her black broadsword at the giant centipede.

“Huh? You brat want to take on my [Death Knight] with two measly level 3 [Carnivorous Thorny Flowers]? Hahaha, who even contracts thorny flowers these days? And you even wasted two pages on it.”

The black-robed man appeared arrogant but was actually inwardly vigilant.

He had almost lost his life when he was previously ambushed by the Reaper Mantis.

Now that he was again ambushed by these human brats. He would be an idiot if he still did not increase his vigilance.

Although plant-type beasts were the nemesis of undead-type monsters, he wasn’t worried. His beast was bronze-ranked level 6, while the thorny flower was only normal-ranked level 3.

Tian Lang shook his head. He had no expectation from this necromancer. After all, not everyone could understand the charm of a dual contract. It was really disappointing when he mistook his Gold-ranked thorny flowers as normal-ranked [Carnivorous Thorny Flower].

Tian Lang didn’t even try to control the thorny flowers. He gave them one order: Eat!

To evolve a beast’s intelligence, it was necessary to let them handle their fight. A trainer should guide their path to correct the road, not babysit them. They needed to struggle and learn, which would, in turn, develop their intelligence. He would only intervene when required.

However, he seemed to have underestimated his order or overestimated the thorny flowers’ intelligence, as the green thorny flower really started to eat... the giant crow king’s corpse...

...

Fuck! You’re really ravenous. How can you stuff something that big into your mouth??? Compared to the green thorny flower, the crow king’s corpse was giant. It was like a snake trying to swallow a whole elephant, not even able to swallow its trunk...

While he cursed the green flower, the golden flower took the chance to bite the crow crystal in his hands.

Gulp!

...

Burp~

Before he realized what happened, the crystal from his hand disappeared as the golden flower let out a satisfying burp and turned limp. As if it was hibernating after a lovely supper.

What?! Are you really going to embarrass me now? Tian Lang was furious. These beasts were not only taking his spoils of war but also humiliating him in front of his enemies!

Done! He was done training beasts!

After returning this time, he would wash his hands off from training these imbecile existences called beast!

Of course, he was excluded from that list.

He wasn’t a beast.

He was a great wolf!

Alpha Wolf!

Which is, definitely not a beast!

Umu!

He hurriedly communicated with the flowers’ spirit, telling them to change their target to the approaching Death Knight.

When the golden flower thought that there was food, it was instantly energized.

But after taking a look at the Death Knight, it lost all motivation.

The Death Knight was a humanoid undead-type beast that lacked a beast core. Its main weakness was its demon heart. Once it was crushed, it would turn useless, if not dead. The skeletal horse was an ordinary undead beast. It was using the Death Knight’s strength to move.

Contrary to the defiant golden flower, the green flower was like a greedy child who was let out after a long time. As long as it was something edible, it didn’t mind. Not to mention, undead-type and demon-type were its favorite compared to the giant crow corpse, which it couldn’t swallow.

On the other side, the black-robed necromancer sweated hard. Weren’t these thorny flowers too animated to be true?

 

(Alt. Title: “Sorry, My Nose Was Feeling Itchy”; Summoning is Hard, Good Luck)

17