Chapter 065: First Battle of Summons; Lich Suo Ge
412 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

While the green thorny flower eagerly waited for the Death Knight to enter its domain, Tian Lang controlled the golden flower to use [Thorny Vine].

When Death Knight entered their domain of range, dark yellow vines jumped from the ground and coiled around the horse’s hoof.

However, [Thorny Vine] could only slow down the skeletal horse and not stop it.

On his signal, the green flower used [Poison Spit], but it could only spit some on the useless skeletal horse with its average accuracy.

hhiiizzz!

The already rotten bone sizzled as a part of the horse’s head corroded. If it was a living being, this injury would have been fatal. Unfortunately, it wasn’t even an injury to the undead horse.

“Hahaha, Are you trying to tickle my Death Knight to death? Hahaha~” The black-robed necromancer clutched his few existing intestines and laughed raucously.

That definitely ticked off Tian Lang. However, he held on. He knew Thorny Flowers started weak, but the bad days would end once they evolved to [Thorny Flower Demoness].

At least, he hoped so...

As Tian Lang calmed himself, the green flower sent another [Poison Spit] to the horse’s leg, successfully disabling it. The thrown off Death Knight got back to his feet and lifted the green fluorescent filled sword.

Yellow and green vines shot off from the ground and coiled around Death Knight’s arm and body. Tian Lang controlled the golden flower to use [Coiling Vine] and [Vine Hold], and the yellow vines instantly thickened and became more robust.

Even without Tian Lang’s instruction, the green flower’s neck stretched and gulped down the Death Knight starting from its head.

Death Knight naturally tried to swing its large sword, but more and more vines coiled the sword tightly. Let alone swing, it had trouble budging.

Under Yue Yu, Tian Lang, and the black-robed necromancer’s dumbstruck eyes, the green flower swallowed the vine coiled Death Knight whole...

Dup.

Only the oversized black sword that lost its green fluorescent light was left behind.

Tian Lang could still feel the death knight struggling inside the green flower’s stomach. The hissing sound indicated he was dissolving bit by bit which saddened the chaotic being to no end. Sadly it wasn’t any living beast or human, or they might have screamed inside the thorny flower’s stomach, making it more pleasant to his ears.

Compared to Tian Lang’s struggle thanks to his beasts, Qian Qian’s fight went smoothly.

The Giant Pincer Centipede was hard to deal with due to its strengthened exoskeleton. Even if it did not resist and just stayed still for a warrior to attack, it wouldn’t be injured at all. Most importantly, this Giant Pincer Centipede was a Spirit Guardian Beast. Even if it was killed, it could be summoned again; it was not afraid of being hit at all.

Unfortunately, the angry royal swordswoman was anything but a regular warrior. The weapon in her hand was a gold-ranked weapon that even the chaotic being would want dearly.

When she noticed that the hateful pervert defeated the Death Knight without revealing his own strength, her angry strike turned the Giant Pincer Centipede into a sieve. It transformed into a black ray of light and returned to the grimoire.

At the same, the protection provided by the Silver Grimoire ran out. Tian Lang naturally wouldn’t let others claim his trophy. With a single swipe of his claws, he separated the necromancer’s head and stuffed it into his shadows.

He had long heard from his black-clothed Xue Wu Xia that a Necromancer and Lich’s memory could be extracted from their skull using a special technique. Looks like now he had to learn some memory deciphering technique to learn Skeleton Abyss’s demon summoning technique.

Although they weren’t as attractive as summoning beasts, if he could use them on the battlefield, even changing the tide of war wasn’t impossible!

As Tian Lang returned to his thorny flowers, Qian Qian kicked the dead necromancer’s corpse in frustration. This bastard had died too peacefully after insulting her as a ‘pile of flesh’. However, it wasn’t a lost cause. The main preparator of her insult was still there.

With the black sword in her hand, she inched like a devil towards her prey.

The green flower, which thought another prey had entered her domain, instantly got excited. Tian Lang sweated hard and calmed the greedy child down. They were really going to be the death of him.

It was one thing he wanted to send her to the Battlefield of Certain Death, but if he attacked her, even the harmless rabbit Yue Yu wouldn’t take his side. At that time, he would be chased by the whole Da Xia Empire, one of the three great empires!

Qian Qian stopped just a step away, her body leaned closer as the black sword pointed at his throat horizontally. Feeling triumphant, She questioned, “You bastard, whose–”

“Oh, do you want a hug?” Tian Lang interrupted her.

Next, she noticed a pair of hands slipping to her waist and pulling her closer. Their hips stuck together, her chest rested on his as only the sword separated their neck.

Tian Lang scoffed inwardly. He would be damned if he let her get her way.

Qian Qian’s face had an awkward look. Now she really looked like she went to Tian Lang for a hug. In that case, the black sword was indeed unnecessary.

“You!–”

“Are you sure you want a hug now? Even though that creepy guy is watching us? I don’t mind at all!” he pointed at the black sword and added. “Let’s throw away this dangerous thing and hug!”

“Who is watching us?- NO, WHO WANTS YOUR HUG?!”

“Don’t you remember what the necromancers said? Their Master Suo Ge, of course~”

Tian Lang said in a jovial as he looked in the distant ‘empty’ sky. His words seemed to be directed at someone invisible, “Master PaGe?” He intentionally cracked on the name. “Do you want to watch more? Unfortunately, I’m lacking in knowledge and don’t know how to proceed. How about you guide me a little? I’m definitely better than your imbecile underlings. Of course, I wouldn’t tell you that my underlings’ concealing ability is much better than yours. I can 100% guarantee that they don’t have a foul odor like you and can remain hidden even in front of you. They’re also not an amateur like you. I’m sure if I said that your useless pride would be hurt.”

“Good! You sure are good at talking! But if you think I am like Lu Ben whom you killed, then you have made a huge mistake.”There was an aged and haughty voice that resounded through the open space.

Along with a few hissing sounds, something appeared in the sky.

It was as though a protective screen had been removed. In front of the trio’s eyes, there was a Silver-ranked Level 7 Zombie Dragon. Its wings were tattered and its body was corroded. Coupled with the deeply diluted and lifeless eyes, it was evident that it was once a gigantic dragon.

The gigantic dragon might have been dead, but its residual aura still existed.

Although it had become a zombie, its level was still a high Silver-ranked Level 7.

Riding atop the Zombie Dragon was an elderly man with a wrinkled face. He wore a long purple-black robe and wielded a skeletal bone staff that flickered with a red light.

He arrogantly looked down at Tian Lang in a haughty manner: “Although you may have defeated Lu Ben, in my eyes, you are just a little worm. I am a lich that has cultivated for 500 years. With a wave of my hand, I can pinch you, little brat, to death like a tick. What does defeating Lu Ben even count for? He is only my undead servant, a human-shaped tool that can breathe. You think you can scare me by killing him?”

“I’ve never thought to scare you. I only saved his skull to slowly obtain the information I require,” as always, being the nice and pure samaritan person he was, Tian Lang stated the truth.

“You’re overestimating yourself. You want to oppose me? You will immediately understand what is called a mantis trying to stop a chariot.” Lich Suo Ge arrogantly snorted.

And as always, everyone misunderstood the good samaritan.

“Err, can I take back what I said before? Your tiny intelligence scares me. What can you teach me with that useless skull? It should be ‘mantis stalks the cicada, unaware of the oriole behind’!”

Tian Lang smiled in confidence as a shadow pounced downwards from the sky, in a manner that was faster than lightning, with both arms like the scythes of a reaper.

It was the Reaper Mantis who had been hiding all along.

Tian Lang couldn’t understand how these fools survived in the Eagle’s Cry Valley. Like master, like underling. One liked to ride Zombie Dragon, and the other liked Poison Wyvern while the predator of the valley liked to eat both. It really made him question their intelligence.

How did they even survive for ten years?

Tian Long shook his head and flashed a charming grin at the girl.

Boom!

His speed was so fast that he disappeared with Qian Qian. When Lich Suo Ge used his perception and managed to locate them, he found a lone figure flying straight at the Zombie Dragon. Her black sword gleamed with a dark light that seemed to call death itself.

Tian Lang knew that this swordswoman had barely exerted her strength. Not to mention she had yet to summon her powerful strengthening-type beasts which she was known for, the fight against the Giant Pincer Centipede didn’t even break her sweat.

Lich Suo Ge was definitely unlike the black-robed Lu Ben. He had absolutely no reaction towards the Reaper Mantis’ and the royal swordswoman’s pincer attack.

He did not panic but instead closed his eyes in an extremely calm manner. Extending his hands, he unhurriedly summoned a gold grimoire.

A Halo Shield formed, blocking his head from the fatal strike.

However, the Zombie Dragon underneath him was not as lucky. Qian Qian’s gold-grade broadsword had already viciously slashed at the dragon’s abdomen, which was not protected by the shield. The dragon’s skin, which had become brittle after a prolonged period of rotting and corrosion, was cut open.

Skillfully stepping inside the dragon bone, she started havocking destruction in there. After all, you don’t get to fight a giant dragon everyday.

In the air, the Reaper Mantis’ scythe arms slashed with frightful might, causing the protective cover to concave a little.

In the end, the defense of the Gold-ranked Halo Shield was stronger, and the Reaper Mantis could only back down without any achievement.

In the instant when its arm scythe was rebounded by the shield, the Reaper Mantis attacked for a second time. It swept its arm horizontally, causing the colossal sized body of the Zombie Dragon to forcefully fly.

The body of the Zombie Dragon flew in a curve and smashed into a distant wall of the mountain. It then fell headlong and smashed heavily onto the ground, causing a deafening rumble.

The Reaper Mantis was extremely swift. It had already spread its wings in pursuit.

It tightly gripped the Zombie Dragon’s tail in its arm scythes, and then swung and pounded it repeatedly against the ground.

The Zombie Dragon hadn’t had any reactions up until now since it had been resurrected as a zombie. Its movements and response time had become relatively sluggish and were no longer as active as they were when it was still a gigantic dragon. When the Zombie Dragon’s instinct to struggle finally arose, the Reaper Mantis’ huge mouth had already opened. It viciously bit down, with the Zombie Dragon’s forehead as its target.

“What a nice gold-ranked worm. It actually dares to prey on my mount. It is simply overestimating itself.” Lich Suo Ge coldly laughed, summoning an orb of ice from his grimoire.

The orb of ice seemed to be a living thing as it flew on its own. It shot like a meteor and hit the back of the Reaper Mantis.

Upon contact, it immediately caused the Reaper Mantis’ body to rapidly freeze into ice.

In the instant, before the Reaper Mantis devoured the Zombie Dragon’s head, its skin became took a whitish hue. The freezing ice had already spread across its body. The Reaper Mantis had been frozen into an ice sculpture.

The Zombie Dragon immediately counterattacked. It bit onto the Reaper Mantis, who was stuck inside the ice sculpture, and ruthlessly threw it into the ground.

It then swept its huge tail.

Boom!

The Reaper Mantis was knocked into the air, slamming against the mountain wall. Crushed rocks and ice fragments scattered across the sky.

15