Chapter 005: Valley of Eternal Ruins
2.6k 10 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Rays of sunlight shone upon the world, illuminating both cities and dense forests. Occasionally, roars of giants beasts resonated through the sky. Even in such a lively atmosphere, one place remained unchanged.

The sunlight that fell on that valley seemed as if being devoured by the trees and the dense foliage exuded a gloomy aura. Those that could survive inside the Valley of Eternal Ruins would only be the natives and a handful number of outsiders. Any living being with some intelligence wouldn’t dare to approach this forest, which Tian Lang, the pup, of course, was an exception.

Even if he had unlocked intelligence, it required some knowledge and understanding to be called an intelligent being. He could learn, yet the things he learned were pitifully low. He had the instinct to avoid danger but such a thing was rendered useless in front of superior concealing ability and illusions.

When the ugly beast gulped him in one go, he found himself wrapped in soft fleshy texture. Instantly, the pair of meaty bulge surfaced in his head but he quickly shook his head. Although this feeling was similar it was different. Not only this suffocating feeling caused him to instinctively struggle, the sticky membrane and acidic smell also brought a feeling of danger.

Tian Lang stuck his claws on the fleshy wall, instantly drawing a pool of blood. At the same time, the space around him compressed, pressing on his body tightly. He could feel the body madly flailing and slamming on some hard object, possibly trees.

Sii-Sii-Sii

His durable platinum furs started made strange noises, filling him with anxiety. He pressed his claws harder and this time, took a mouthful of time.

Ghou!

A strange roar left from the beast’s throat.

Ting Lang found a strange taste in his mouth. Mixing with the blood and flesh was some green fluid which stung his tongue and throat while the space around him compressed once again, only this time, Tian Lang found it hard to move his limbs. Some joints of his body even creaked, making strange noises.

Ssiii~

A nasty burning smell invaded his nose, rendering his body defenseless for a moment.

Foosh

His body suddenly slid at a first speed, going up and down, up and down. As his body slid at an extremely fast speed, his gaze landed on a green liquid. Just looking at the sticky liquid made him disgusted, when he realized the ssi-sii-ssi sound and the burning smell only got stronger, he broke out with his 100% power!

Although he never expressed it, his shiny platinum furs were something he liked very much. Though it mostly came because the beautiful creature caressed them while praising a lot, it was something part of him so he personally had strong affection. His claws embedded deep inside the flesh and his jaws tore apart a huge chunk of an unknown organ. Black red blood sprayed all around his body, the sizzling sound died down but it did nothing to stop his rage.

What followed was tearing of various organs and flesh. The beast writhed around, slumming on trees here and there before finally slumping on the pitch-black ground filled with dried black leaves.

A part of the flesh wriggled and black, red, and greed pup jumped out. Maybe because of the unexpected appearance he stood there for a few seconds.

What Tian Lang came out from wasn’t a hideous unknown beast but a giant snake. He stood there as he couldn’t understand how he went from the hideous creature to this snake’s tummy. Could it be the hideous creature was once again eaten by this predating snake? Such thought couldn’t help but form on his head. He would’ve never thought that the snake used its inherent illusion to take him by surprise, leading to his momentary lack of response and eat him at that moment. It was a brilliant plan and the snake was even successful. Only it underestimated the wolf pup with the native ones, hence not even bothering to poison him and gulping him in one go.

Tian Lang’s pause was only momentary. He jumped on the snakehead and maybe out of anger, he clawed out the snake eyes before eating them and he did the same for its core. This time, he didn’t even bother to play his tongue on the core and chewed it at once. He once again scratched and separated the body in many parts, venting his anger.

Suddenly, Ting Lang staggered, his vision blurry. It didn’t take him long to realize what had happened. A snake’s most fierce weapon, venom. He encountered snake once or twice in the forest before and was even poisoned since he had little to no idea regarding their venom, he was poisoned. This snake had some poisonous element in its organs and digestive system to dissolve its prey faster and in a more efficient way, but for the pup, it caused harm.

Although such negligent amount of venom wouldn’t threaten his life. If he were to encounter another powerful enemy or something at the level of this snake, the same couldn’t be said anymore.

Tian Lang experienced the power of a snake’s venom first hand by his own body, he didn’t take it lightly and hid inside a tree trunk, far away from the now-dismembered-meat-fragments. 

With pleasant surprise, Tian Lang found three giant-sized eggs. He didn’t even bother to pay respect to egg’s owner and like a savage brute, unlike his slender body and size, he broke and devoured the eggs. As he devoured the eggs, the poison in his body slowly wore off and filled him with a feeling of mighty strength. Only then did he notice, he wandered deep underground. The interior was extremely spacious, spacious enough to make one think that a beast, specifically a snake would come anytime. Lo-and-behold, as soon as he thought about the possibility, a snake, similar to the one he just disposed of but much larger, hissed loudly.

The Jade Illusory Snake was furious. Today he was exceptionally happy as one of his mistresses laid three eggs! It was the first time his wife or mistresses laid an egg! Of course, as a to-be-father, he would be happy. He lead his wife and mistresses for a happy hunt. Obviously, the mistress who laid the eggs was unwilling to leave but he convinced her, there wasn’t any idiot who would dare to invade his territory. True, there were beasts stronger than him and could even kill him easily but they all had their own territories and unwilling to leave, just like him.

He wasn’t wrong either. There wasn’t any idiot who planned to invade his territory, but at that time, he had yet to know that a lone wolf, without knowledge but possessed power, wandered inside his territory. Not only that, he even killed one of his dearest mistresses. Thankfully the one who laid the eggs and his wife was with him, hence no misfortune fell upon them. When he found out the remains of the dead mistress, he immediately called back the others. And his biggest fear came true.

The beast that killed his mistress actually took over his base. Not only that, from the hysterical condition of his mistress, he already knew the eggs were no more. Rage and pride, these both shouted at him to go and tear apart that beast but he was afraid of his own life.

Inside the Valley of Eternal Ruins, the Jade Illusory Snake tribe wasn’t much powerful. They were weak but had innate illusion ability and venom at their disposable. Only then were they able to secure a position in the mid-layer of the Valley of Eternal Ruins.

He knew if one of those beasts were to come down, he had to wash his own life and present it to them, hoping they would go easy on him. However, reality didn’t turn out to be so ruthless and a tiny wolf pup peeked its head out from his home.

As the Jade Illusory Snake realized its opponent was a mere pup, and not even a creature of its native, he immediately hissed out in anger and grievance. With his signal, the other illusory snakes also jumped towards their home.

Tian Lang also noticed staying inside would most likely harm him rather than an advantage. It was the home of illusory snake, of course, they would have superiority in their own home. This much he knew. Without delay, he jumped out and a snake blocked his path.

Sweesh

A bowl-size hole appeared on the snake’s head as it collapsed while Tian Lang already bit the tail of another snake, and flung the 15 meters snake 100 meters away!

The male illusory snake already realized he made a grave mistake but he was still calm and collected. The pup was unbelievably strong, but he wasn’t invincible.

With another hiss, all the other illusory snake gathered behind. In front of the pup, they were like 11 giants, capable of tearing through everything. Even the smallest one had a length of 13 meters. Suddenly, the ground started to shake and everything around Tian Lang became blurry. The next thing he knew, hundreds, no, thousands of illusory snakes were rushing towards him. The ground shook and trees were flying asunder.

Like always, as long as Tian Lang wasn’t facing the two-legged creatures, he knew nothing of fear or backing away. Instead of backing or running, he dived into the snake horde, before going on a killing spree.

Before long the combined illusion couldn’t hold on and the thousands of snakes faded into thin air as Tian Lang found eight dead snakes, and the other three didn’t look all that good either. But he didn’t even glance at them, rather left the spot in a hurry. The scariest thing in any world would be something unknown. Everyone was apprehensive of the unknown, and the ignorant pup wasn’t an exception, either.

Well, that’s considering whether he detected the unknown or not...

The path Tian Lang left for led to the inner part of the Valley of Eternal Ruins. On the path, he encountered a few snakes but they were tiny compared to illusory snakes. There were also black fox, earthworms and even killer bee. One thing they had in common was their color mostly leaned towards black. Even the earthworms had a black body and blood, causing him to not even look at them. The killer bee, however, had silver patterns streaking through the darkness. It was quite eye-catching in the gloomy atmosphere of the valley. Causing Tian Lang to hunt them more actively...

Like this, the pup had already spent a month inside the valley. He didn’t get much stronger, but it wasn’t a waste either. He learned extensive usage of his strength and speed. Now he could even detect the almost invisible beasts that could sneak upon him. While he couldn’t ambush the beasts as they always detected his presence, at least, now he learned the advantage of first strike and how the element of surprise could change the fate of a battle. Of course, he hadn’t learned them just by fighting and experiencing with his own body. It was only once he luckily chanced upon seeing two beasts engaging in hide-and-seek combat, thus taking interest in seeing other battles.

It didn’t take him long to realize, his battle strategy was plain. More like, he had no strategy or plans. He only used brute force to win over his opponent. It was all good as long as he won. That was what he thought at that time. Until he saw a fight where both parties had similar strength. It made him think, what if he fought with someone with the same strength? Or, they could be stronger. On top, if they possessed extensive fighting experience and strong battle sense wouldn’t he be fucked?

So, he planned to learn ambushing and surprise attack but every time his attempts failed miserably. There were even some foxes which would get ambushed intentionally, giving him some serious injuries.

He didn’t give up, but after endless trying and grinding the result never changed. No matter how careful he was, somehow, somehow they would catch onto his location.

In the same month, there was also a place he didn’t go through. Unlike how he passed through all the others. It was different. It was a territory of a strong beast, stronger than him. Even the beast’s whole territory gave a feel of danger, but he was prepared to enter this place before going to learn from those two-legged creatures.

And so, the fool-headed foolish pup set its foot on the death zone of Valley of Eternal Ruins.

58