Night 1- Together Under The Night Sky
195 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next night after the Golden Horned Demon made its first appearance.

Whoosh!

Whoosh!

The sounds of the warm desert wind were calming for him, sitting on the side of the ship.

“…”

Cirrus looks out into the sea of sand with Nox next to him.

‘Cirrus, do you still feel bad about what you did?’

“…” His concentration on the desert horizon broke as he looked down. “… No. I have killed before, but I never really killed and strung up their bodies. You don’t feel I went overboard?” his slightly hollow eyes turned to the White Owl.

‘No. If you wish to slaughter, I will indulge you. Furthermore, they were enemies who sided with Evilus right? So there is no need to feel bad about what you did.’

“… Maybe, but no one should have their bodies strung up. I had the idea and in full honesty, I didn’t think it would affect me as much as it did.”

‘Vlad The Impaler… what kind of man were you to impale your enemy onto stakes? How much hatred did you have for the Ottomans? Or was it deep love for your country of Wallachia that drove you to such deeds?’

‘So are you gonna change your mind about how to go about things?’

Cirrus pondered on it but ultimately he came down to a conclusion.

“No... I will keep on with this, I put myself in. To defeat evil, you must become a greater evil and devour them. Using such “Heroic” tactics won’t end this war quickly, just prolonging it. As I said to Paulus.” He grabs the mask on the right side of him and holds it out in front of him. “I will be a monster.”

The tone of voice in which he said was told with shaky confidence, regret, pain, and half-hearted acceptance.

Nox accepted it.

‘Then I will aid said monster, for that monster is my master and the one who saved me from my imprisonment.’ She landed on his shoulder.

The path Cirrus is going to take. She will support him. Fully, no matter the darkest depths of hell, he would go. She would, without hesitation, go down with him.

“Thank you.” He said with a wry smile.

They share a moment looking at the sea of sand under the clear night sky.

8