Night 3- Gnawing
230 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some days after stepping onto the Low Northern Theater and reclaiming some outposts.

“We did pretty good boss!” Bann said counting the loot.

“That’s good.” Cirrus said looking out the window.

“Say boss I know about your goal but um…are you okay?”

Cirrus’s eyes turn to him without turning his head.

“Why do you ask?”

“Well you always look out at the sand. Does it remind you of home or something?”

“…Something along that nature. But mostly I just found it relaxing.” Cirrus returned his gaze to the outside the window.

Bann looks out the window as well, but he couldn’t find it relaxing at all.

“I don’t get it?”

“That’s fine. I’m sure for someone like you who lived their life in the desert the sight has gotten boring.”

“Yeah…I’m not to fond of the sand. Far too soft for my liking always sifting and changing.” His eyes land on Cirrus.

“Is there something on me?” Cirrus turned to him.

“No…I just think you are a bit similar to the sand.”

“…How so?”

“Well the sand is very impressionable. When you walk through it, it will leave behind your footsteps.”

“Okay? Go on.”

“And I feel like for every step that demon you made takes will leave an imprint on you.”

Cirrus knows his words are true. Even he could feel pieces of himself being changed from his role as a demon. It gnaws at him when he sleeps. The faces he killed began to claw at his mind, guilt for having-no it was regret from choosing to kill.

“You know eventually the wind will pick up and cover the tracks returning it back to normal.”

“…That’s true I’m sure whatever you do you will bounce back! You’re the toughest kid I ever seen!”

“And as a kid it’s time for me to sleep. Try not to stay up to late Bann.”

“I make no promises.”

Walking up from treasure room of the ship Cirrus stands on top of the ship’s deck. He waves at the helmsman as he walks to his room.

He sees Nox sleeping in her little hammock. His mask disappears and he takes off his boots, socks, cloak, and shirt.

He gets under the light cover’s falling asleep and-

Fidget

 The nightmares begin.

 

The next morning.

Thump-thump! Thump-thump!

Cirrus sits on his bed looking at the wooden planked floor.

“…” Cirrus says nothing bearing with the sound as he gets himself dressed, gets Nox who was still asleep and carry her with him as he puts his mask back on.

6