Night 7- Someone Needs To Do It
124 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This the day that truly left its mark on Cirrus 4 months into his destabilization.

Bukhara, the Fortress That Stand Between Hell & Paradise. This was originally under Goh Ma’s control but having been killed 3 weeks ago it was now it was under new management.

“Why is there so many refugees coming in!!” said Vice-Captain of the Vritra Familia, Goh Howl, the younger sibling to Goh Ma and a level 4.

“It’s Shalzard sir!” said a soldier. “They people are saying it was the Golden-Horned Demon has been stealing their supplies and burning their homes. They have nowhere to go.”

“I don’t care! They’re going to-“

“But sir they wish to fight! They want revenge!”

“I don’t…they wish to fight huh?”

They recruited every last one of them.

Cirrus has been at this point exhausted. His sleep has been all terrible with nightmares of those he killed appearing.

“…” Cirrus simply stares out into space as the last bastion before he had a clear shot at truly singling out Varga and thus the Vritra Familia.

‘Cirrus are you okay?’ Nox asked while on his antler.

“I’m okay, just a bit tired is all.” Cirrus focuses on the fort.

He could see on the walls several people all armed but no armor. He could see that their clothes were that of commoner’s, simple cloth, and sandals. There were even some children.

“This looks really nasty boss.” Said Jane looking through a telescope.

“We just have to wait it out right boss?” said Bann. “We left enough of their supplies to reach this fort so they would force the fort to surrender.”

“That is the ideal plan and result but plans dealing with displaced people along with hungry is just a massive recipe for things to go wrong. From looking at the walls the Vice-Captain of the Vritra Familia Goh Howl decided to recruit civilians into their army.”

“Then we will be…” Robert sounded very down at the fact he understood, militarized civilians.

“Remember show no mercy. The moment you hesitate will be when they plunge a dagger into your heart.” Cirrus stood up with a coldness to his words. “If they don’t surrender they will be considered enemies. From there those who stay will be recognized as soldiers even if their children.”

“Boss!!” shouted Bann. “I-I don’t think I can stomach killing…”

Cirrus could see the idea float around and many of his crew had a sour look on their faces even Jane.

He felt happy that his crew had a very strict boundary they wouldn’t cross but for Cirrus.

‘How the fuck am I fine with it? how did I change so fucking much? It actually disgusts me how natural it is for me to…’

Cirrus stops his thought and stands up straight.

“That’s fine. I will do the job through and through. One needs to stain their hands in blood.”

He couldn’t let this be the day he breaks. No he as to keep going, the blood has already been spilled he has to keep going or it all meant nothing.

 

Three days later.

“Boss!” said a crewmember. “A messenger came and delivered a letter.” He hands it to Cirrus.

“This seal.” It was from the king. He opens it and reads the contents. “…Fuck.” He said under his breath.

“Boss what is it?” asked Jane.

“Is it something bad?” said Bann.

“Yes, it seems they won’t surrender and that every general has asked the king to order us to go in and clear out the fort leaving no one alive.”

“W-what!? they can’t be serious! all we have to do is-“

“Sit back and watch as their demon gets to work. The army gave them plenty of time and informed them of the consequences of not surrendering.” Cirrus cuts off Bann. “Men those who wishes to stay you may do so. I will not hold it against you it is perfectly understandable, but I will go and do what is ordered. You have 1 hour to decided.”

A majority of the crew didn’t wish to cut down civilians, even if they were pirates they knew this was something a cut above what they had ever done.

“I see…” Cirrus turned around at the fort and got onto the railing.

“B-boss were sorry but…raiding and hitting up supply lines are something but this-“

“Enough Jane.” His voice was held a certain exhaustion to it but nevertheless he stood tall with his fists curled up into a fist. “I will sent a signal when I am done, for now you can fire at their walls to cause as much commotion as you can. Is that fine with you all?” he didn’t look at them.

“Yes…” Robert said looking down. “We are-“

“Do not be sorry. I am proud to have a pirate crew that has morals such as you all. But someone needs to stain their hands to help bring peace.”

Nox lands on his shoulder and he pets her.

“If you wish to come along you will need to be careful got it?”

‘Of course.’ She nods her head.

The crew watch as Cirrus goes to cover his face and his mask disappears.

“(Exousía, Adorn: Stymphalian).”

The armor covers him and jumps off the railing and quickly flew. He flew close to the ground; he did this to simply get their eyes on him and bring some fear into them as they watch this monster coming at them at high speeds.

“Sound the alarms!! Fire the arrows! Everything!!”

Bells begun to ring in the fort as they fired cannon’s and arrows at Cirrus, but he easily evade them all and soon enough he made it to the forts walls. He flew up the side of it and as he reached the top his armor disappeared. He used his momentum to let himself get some air as he chants.

“(Exousía, Adorn: Ceryneian)!!”

He draws his spear as the armor and mask adorn him. Fear quickly spread as they saw the golden antlers and a single shout.

“IT’S THE DEMON!!!!”

With a single motion he decapitated two of the guards head.

Spurt!!

Spurt!!

The blood jets out and sprinkles Cirrus before he dashes forward.

6