Night 8- Hell, A Place I Willingly Walked Into
130 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another very, very gruesome chapter, so some warning there.

I have heard of him.

“The Golden-Horned Demon is said to be 7 feet tall with bleach white skin splattered in blood. He even eats the bowls of his victims cutting them down like fruit!”

That was what my superior said. At first I found it a bit hard to believe but until word got around that the captain of the Vritra Familia who brought a golden age to my country of Israfan was killed by it and it’s evil familiar I grew fearful.

It lingered in the back of my head until Shalzard was at our doorsteps. Never did I think they without a god could push us back this far for a lowly soldier like me to see action.

“Fire!!!”

Boom!! Boom!! Boom!! Boom!!

Fsh!! Fsh!! Fsh!! Fsh!! Fsh!! Fsh!! Fsh!! Fsh!!

We rained down arrows and cannon fire enough to ward them off, but we were now in a siege. The refugees seeking help became soldiers as well, they all had a weapon on hand even children had a dagger. Thankfully, the fort was well armed to the teeth, but the rations were already limited before they came now it was stretched extremely thin.

For three days we kept watch as they trying to starve us out. I was in the barracks sleeping when the sounds of cannon fire and arrows woke me up.

“Hm-wha!?”

I get up and arm myself. I walk out to see it, the Golden-Horned Demon. They don their mask as holy white cloth wrapped around their limbs with a sort of floating cloth floating behind him.

Terror began to fill me as they effortlessly decapitated two people in a single swing. I watched as the heads were separated from their body and fly into the air. The blood trailing behind them as they land onto the soldier filled yard. That terror slowly began to turn to horror as I tried to get my eyes on them but only a trail of blood could be spotted.

“!!” immediately I knew I will be killed, there were stronger level 1’s then me within those on the walls.

I dropped my weapon and ran back inside. I quickly try to find a place to hide. Sounds of their slaughter could be heard from inside.

“Gaah!!”

“No! Noooo-!!”

“Please no-!!”

“Gyaaa-!!”

“I’m sor-!!”

I found a spot under the bed. I covered my mouth as I could hear the screaming of people dying.

Huff! huff! huff!

The sounds of outside slowly begun to get quieter by the second before a crash.

Crash!!

Getting thrown through the wall of the barrack a level 2 soldier falls onto the floor.

“!”

‘Please no! please don’t get up!’

The soldier gets up very weakly, and he met my eye. He begun to reach out to me, no words came out from him.

“What’s this?”

A young voice entered the room. I look to see blood-stained boots covered in a cloth; it was the Golden-Horned Demon.

“You should have fucking stop struggling to live.”

The soldiers eyes looked up and tears were coming down his face before a spear jammed through his head and violently ripped out.

“!!”

I felt my body turn to that of a dead man. My blood ran cold, my body stiff enough to even stop my lungs.

The demon simply stood their for a bit before they knelt down.

“!!”

Death seemed to have been chocking my throat, I could not breath, my body refused to.

He stands back up and walks away. I felt a sense of relief.

Bang!!

The bed was smacked away. I slowly turned to look up at it, the Golden-Horned Demon.

“Fucking rat.”

They were young, like a child, a boy by his voice.

“P-please don’t kill me!!”

“…” he said nothing he simply swung his spear and delicately lifted me up from my armor.

“Wait!! Please!! I don’t wanna die! Please! Please!”

As he took me out through the hole in the wall I could see the yard and walls littered with bodies and blood, even the children. He had killed enough to almost paint the area red 4 times over.

“Y-you fucking monster!! You killed children!!”

“How is that any worse then selling them off to rich nobles in your trafficking ring?”

“!?”

“Yes were both pieces of shit so shut the fuck up.” he twisted his spear and he ripped through the armor.

I fell down on the layers of bodies. I immediately tried to run but.

Schunk!

“Ah…”

I could see the tip of the spear through my torso. My eyes got very heavy. The last things I saw was the night sky and then a blur before a wa-

Splat!!

 

Having thrown the Soldier and impaled him with one of the spears littered about he made sure to hit the room where the Vice-Captain was holding himself in.

“…Get out.” He got another spear from the ground and did it again.

Splat!!

Again.

Splat!!

Again.

Splat!!

And again.

Splat!!

Until eventually he came out in a fuming rage bursting through the walls charging at Cirrus.

“You fucking demon!!! I'll kill you for my brother!!!”

Cirrus said nothing he simply pointed up.

For a brief second Howl looked up to see his familiar.

‘(Flash and gaze. Tear through the cosmos.) [White Night]!!’

A blinding white light engulfed him beating him down, burning him down to his knees before he was charred.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Cirrus walked over to his charred body and with all of his strength in his legs he smashed his head through with a kick.

Splatter!!!

His body slumps over and he hears another sound.

Tap!

His eyes turn to see a pair of kids around his age. They stare at him in full anger, terror, and misery.

“…” a cold, death like stare pierced through them.

Horror froze their bodies in place as he slowly walked up to them and simply stared them down.

“…”

The uttered the words with terror in their voices.

“Mur…de…rer.”

A pure black fire sprang from him in a immolating fury.

 

The next thing Cirrus knew he was bashing the Vice-Captains body.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU!!!! FUCK YOU!!!! FUCK YOU!!!! FUCK YOU!!!! FUCK YOU!!!! FUCK YOU!!!! WHY!!!! WHY!!!! WHY!!!! WHY!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!! Splat!!

Until he suddenly stop. His body looks more lethargic now after decimating the body.

He wiped the blood off his hands on his armor and reached into his back pouch and took out a firework. He lit it and threw high into the air.

 

Cirrus walked out of the front from the front entrance. His clothes head to toe were caked in blood, fat, and dirt. Many of the Shalzard soldier didn’t meet his eyes and ran pass him. His crew didn’t even meet his eyes as they came to help the army out with anything they needed.

Cirrus simply walked back the ship with eyes cold and dead. He got on board and his armor disappeared aside from his mask and began to remove his clothes as he got closer to his room leaving only his underwear.

He got into his room and locked it. He sat down having his mask disappear and he began to scrub himself off. No matter how much he scrubbed it will never be enough.

‘That’s enough scrubbing, your clean enough so get into bed.’

He looks to see Nox on the window still.

“…Okay.” He softly mutters.

He dries himself off and gets some clean clothes on and gets into bed.

 As he tried to go to sleep only nightmares lay before him.

‘I’m here don’t worry.’ Nox’s voice cut through the voices of the dead.

She got into bed with him and hugged him as best as wings could.

Cirrus immediately latched onto her. Tears began to come down his face as he softly muttered.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

He started to shake and curl up into a ball. Nox hugged him more tightly while whispering into his ear all night long.

This was a night Cirrus will forever carry with him. Shame, regret, disgust, self-hatred, their all things he would always feel about this and his actions.

This was a hell of his choosing, a path he set for himself, and this was the price.

6