Chapter 27: Everyone Bares Fangs
140 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Galtz, surprisingly, was a very interesting young man. He had a lot more to him than just combat and fighting. The amount of military influence the man had was insurmountable. There was not a single person in Sei'O that did not know of him.

As such, the plague children yet again, received negative attention. Why was the strongest knight in all of Sei'O spending time with such lowlifes?

Why was the strongest knight lowering himself to the point where he lived with these children?

Did the plague children hold him hostage? Did they threaten him in order for him to teach them all of his secrets?
The general populace continued to create more and more excuses as to why Galtz was there. They could never just accept for once that Galtz was a man who saw Plague Children the same as everyone else.

He continued to train them all relentlessly. Rel, Alel, Zephise, Aren, Iminen, Sela, Oridin, Ama, and Essie.
Various other plague children had joined the fray in learning from him. Several times he'd have them test out relics on him as he defended against them in combat. As such, they learned of many various and special relics.

Zephise made sure to log them all into his notes. Even going as far as to give them names. Albeit, the names were terribly chosen.

After they were finished training, Galtz would go to the kitchen and make food for everyone. He tought several of the others to cook as well.

Surprisingly, Rel turned out to be very good at this. Even though it was his first time cooking, his food lacked the disgustingness that one would assume.

So as such, the duo trained and trained daily. It entirely consisted of everyone fighting Galtz. Afterward, Rel and Galtz would make food, sometimes joined in by Sela.

It was adorable. She would always look for ways to be useful or helpful to others. Though often times she was entirely a clutz. She was practically just an air-head.

Amongst the list of notable relics they had discovered. One was ungraciously dubbed by Zephise as "The morning lions, nightly fangs" As cool as he thought that sounded, everyone absolutely disagreed with the name. It didn't even have anything to do with its ability.

It had the ability to send a tremendous shock of lightning through the user upon contact. This meant that if anyone had touched the user, regardless of friend or foe, a tremendous voltage of lightning would course through the assailant.
This current was in direct proportion to the user's aura reserves.

However, it did not affect the user's aura reserves at all.

This essentially meant that one could blast full power lightning at anyone who touches them, without depleting a single amount of mana. It was an insane offensive and defensive relic.

Just as they got into arguments about the name of it, Sela had slipped in and picked up the small marble and began to run around with it as everyone chased her.

When they had finally managed to catch her, they were in for the shock of their lives. It was almost critical. The amount of aura Sela appeared to have at such a young age...was insane.

Everyone woke up 5 hours later when Ora came to assess the situation.

"Oi...you're telling me this was all Sela?"

Even the head knight Galtz was knocked unconscious. Rel tried to play it cool but he had also been clearly asleep.

"Where is she anyway?"

"I don't know. That damn conniving girl. She just began running everywhere and laughing as we were chasing her. Ugh. That was a terrible sensation."

"Hoi...that's not a funny joke. Where exactly did she head off to?"

"Who knows. On another note, I'd check if anyone is dead. That amount of lightning coursing through anyone is not fun and games."

They searched for Sela everywhere and when they finally found her, she had claimed to have eaten the marble.
Almost everyone was distraught about this. Who in the world eats a relic? damn. Furthermore, everyone refused to touch Sela.

They were all deathly afraid of the outcome afterward. So there goes "The morning lions, nightly fangs."
The next couple of days passed by as if they were on fast forward.

Ora had barely gotten enough sleep to do anything. In his dream world, he was constantly getting his ass kicked by Alucarde. In the real world, he would undergo the same training and practice on his own.

Everyone else practiced with Galtz who began teaching them various Divine arts. They were learning at such a quick pace, but Ora felt too ashamed to try and ask for the man's guidance.

It would mean accepting that he was weaker than Galtz, which he definitely was not!
He could easily take away the lives of 3,000. What could Galtz do?!

That old man only had the ability to teach ancient techniques to those weaker than him.

As the days progressed, he was getting better and better in his matches against Alucarde. Of course, better only amounts to him surviving 5 minutes more each time.

These slow painful advancements seemed as if the were not going anywhere. But before he knew it, as months rolled by, the lengths of his battles with Alucarde were up to 2 hours of time consumed.

He was using more than a thousand tendrils at once and had even learned to replicate his orb technique.
He was learning quite well. Of course, when he did get better and manage to overcome one technique, Alucarde would overwhelm him with a new ability. This was how it continued. The failure and loss no longer took such a toll on him in the real world, though it still made him incredibly fatigued.

He woke up again. What was this? The 100th match they had done together? His body felt numb, but not too numb to move.

As he got out of his bed, he decided to leave the room to grab a drink of water. It took no time for his eyes to adjust to the darkness of the corridors. But as he walked slowly, he observed shadows moving.

"Umu..what was that.."

He hesitated to continue forward. Even with all the power he has, somethings stir up fear within you.
He proceeded veeeeerrry slowly. Watching every hint of movement that came out of the corner of his eye. Perhaps it was the fatigue playing a trick on him.

He needn't let such visions interfere with his daily life. He was going to get this water and that's that.
Suddenly the shadow rapidly accelerated towards him. His heart raced. What the hell was that? It was so tiny. A rat? a dwarf? No...dwarves don't visit this side of the world.

The figure got close, screaming at the top of her lungs and Ora immediately knew who it was. "Sela!"
"Good god, don't scare me like that Sela!"

He knelt over to receive her. She wouldn't stop crying nor slow down. "Oraaaa~~~"

"Haha, you always know the best times to show up huh?"

Boom! she collided with Ora and they embraced in a hug. No...it was more like. She collided with Ora and embraced him.

The moment the impact happened, Ora was rendered unconscious. Tremendous amounts of lightning coursed through his entire body and he was out for the count. He couldn't move, all his breathing stopped, and he felt a surge of cold rush through his body.

This was followed by a layer of heat as hot as it was cold. He was utterly destroyed. With his fatigue, there was no layer of shadows that could shield him. Now he understood why everyone had passed out earlier.

The amount of energy this girl had....was not normal.

3