Chapter 35: Whispers
169 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Republic of Seirin, Senic city.

The small industrial country of Seirin had been the talk of much of the worlds controversies as of recent times. It was because of their aggressive behavior towards everyone else. They were more often than not, willing to negotiate when it came to problems between countries, and they were quick to accuse others of wrongdoings.

However, the Republic of Seirin did offer many things. Their booming industrialized cities were often the crave of businessmen and companies looking to globally expand. They definitely did not have any economic influence comparable to Yorba, but they did have a lot of opportunities.

The country was vibrant and rich in various materials which were often used for trade. Not only that, but, because their country was so full of rare minerals, many merchants and travelers from various parts of the continent came to them for materials.

They had found the golden country. Their city clearly reflected it. The giant city of Senic was one that had buildings aspiring for the heavens. The skyscrapers were huge. How long it must've taken them to make something like that was impossible to imagine.

They also appeared to have an overabundance in cores. Their vehicles were used by practically everyone. The cities were full of core operated vehicles. One could observe bikes, cars, and even skateboards powered by the mysterious orbs.

In this country, there was no lower class or upper class. A long time ago, King Ehrinx had decided the nobility and common system was a problem. He took power from most of his nobles and set everyone on a path of equal footing.

Surprisingly, such a move was met with little to no resistance at all. King Ehrinx had handpicked his nobles and made sure to have each one be worthy of trust. As such, they completely confided in the king's decisions.

Giving opportunity to those that wouldn't otherwise have had it, they made rapid advancements in technology, business, and diplomacy. Their overall happiness within the country was indeed higher than any other country- and they owe this all to their glorious king.

In the middle of this prospering city of was the Paragon. A giant building that rested in the middle of the city. The building was perfectly rounded with over 100 floors. It towered over every other building. Nothing was allowed to be bigger than it.

The Paragon appeared to resemble a Colosseum, except, of course, 20x the height. At the very pinnacle of this building, was an old man in his 80's. The crown rested on his white hair. A glorious beard of white also jutted out from his jaws. As if trying to escape his body, it stretched all the way down to his waist.

The crown on his head glistened with several different jewels both big and large. Glistening Chrysanthemum emeralds, Verdant Jades, and sanguine rubies made his head seem to glow as if he was enlightened.

His eyes rested upon his city. He could see everything from atop this high roof. On nights like this, it was especially peaceful. He was met with the vibrant lights all around his city. They had dragon lanterns built into the buildings, dragon lanterns built into the streets.

Since the energy consumption by lights was absolutely minuscule, they could leave them on year round, and the cores would still take a good 10 years before they were all expended.

The vibrant lights of his city seemed to compete with the skies, outshining that of even the stars. "Lord Ehrinx~"

A man called out to him from behind. He was completely ignored. It seems even his hearing was giving out at this old age of his. "Lord Ehrinx."

"...Lord Silverstar Ehrinx!"

"Uhh, what is it Aeri. Must you always disrupt my leisure time." He said this in a sarcastic tone. Aeri nodded and bowed before him. "It is my goal in life, sir!" He said as serious as he could.

They both glanced at each other and held back stifled laughter. "You have news for me I suppose? Or did you come to enjoy the view with me?"

"I came to discuss some interesting new events that have taken place."

The king seemed rather pained by the revelation. "Oh come now, we can talk as we watch the city."

Aeri nodded and walked up beside the king. "It really is beautiful up here."

"Of course it is, if it wasn't I'd not be here so often."

"Haha, I guess you are right about that."

"So what of this news?"

"Hmm...where should I start. I guess the very first bit and most important information, Baerim will fall."

"Ehh?? What did you say?"

"They suffered a crushing defeat and lost over 90,000 military personnel. This includes a copious amount of magicians and trained professionals."

"Hohoho...that indeed is news. Was it Lakia? It was only a matter of time before their nations turned on them."

"Er...no. It was not Lakia."

"Then he suffered a crushing defeat to Sei'O? Were they perhaps hiding true numbers and military prowess?"

"Actually...this is the part where it gets interesting. According to the intel, their fall was due to the actions of one single kid."

For the first time during the entire conversation, the king's gaze broke from his city. "Come again?"

"A single child had slain the entire army of 120,000. 10,000 retreated, and 20,000 fled."

"Surely your sources are misconstrued. That sounds like a feat only a handful of people can do."

"Well, I believe it has something to do with Kars, the silver knight."

"Oh?"

"Aye. Remember when our scouts picked up their signal within the country just several months ago?"

"They were either headed to Baerim or Sei'O. You are right, such an occurrence could not have been coincidental."

The king put a hand to his beard, stroking it as he often did when in deep thought. "The Silver Knight and the One Man Army..head to Sei'O. Approximately Four Months later, Baerim falls....it is indeed strange."

"And your sure Sei'O doesn't possess any Legendary class warriors?"

"Aye. The closest one would have to be Galtz Rein. But last I heard of him, he was a diamond class. Aparently he also slew 4,000 people in the battle."

"So you're certain it was not Galtz that dealt all the damage?"

"That may be the case... however, all reports are saying it was a plague child. Oh! and one more important information."

"A certain spy of mine from Lawless city has told me of rumors spreading. It seemed Kars had taken his first loss."

The king yawned. "That's nothing of importance...u-"

"Exactly. Considering the timeframe, it is very much possible that the Plague Child and The Silver Knight engaged in combat."

"This world seems to be getting interesting again. I'd actually very much like to meet this child one day. What enormous power he must possess. But if he doesn't be careful, he could spark a vicious cycle. The winds of war are stirring yet again."

The king inhaled inwards. "I can smell it."

 

Unknown Rainforest, Continent of Goumei

Two distinct figures waded around in the damp soil. One appeared to be a child and rested on the head of the other. The adorable child was maybe 5 years old in appearance.

She had short silvery hair and huge purple eyes that seemed to curiously gaze off into space. The way she was kicking and happily cheering like some newborn kid was clearly agitating the behemoth she rode upon.

The older gentleman had to be in his 30's and over 7ft tall. He had very defined eyebrow ridges.

His brown hair and fluffy eyebrows were very much different than the intense gaze his eyes gave off. The small black iris made him look almost insane.

He wore a long cape that rested over his left shoulder. The kid wore much of the same clothing. They both had pointed wizard hats resting on their back. They also both had tattoos on their cheeks. The tattoo was that of a right hand starting from the forearm. 

It continued up their cheek, with the palm of the beastial hand resting right over their eye. It was a clever design, giving off the image of a hand with an eye through the center.

As they walked he cheerily goaded him to move faster, grabbing onto his hair and using them as antennas.

"Come on! Lagos, we gotta go go gooooo-" Her cheery voice rang throughout the forest. There were various predators and all manner of wraiths that lived here, but nonetheless, such things didn't matter to either one of them.

After-all, what could possibly frighten these two? They were far from the nearest civilization. Instead, they walked around carefree. Neither of the two even had weapons, to begin with.

"Alright alright. Calm your excitement down, Remi." She giggled and wrapped her arms tightly around Lagos' head. "I get to see leader-sama again!"

She laughed gleefully. "I wonder how he's been...He'll be moving again soon won't he?"

"Yeah yeah. Good grief. It's still a good couple month's distance to the base. So don't be getting so excited all of the sudden. -huh?"

He stopped his movement for a second as a hawk screeched overhead. "Hoh, if it isn't horohoro." Lagos whistled a small and high-pitched whistle.

The eagle swooped down and landed on his arm. Remi giggled and began to pet the bird. "What's this ya got for me?"

Lagos undid the parchment from the eagle's legs. It was sealed with inscription magic. Though inscription magic is generally used for curses and setting restrictions on people, it can often time be used for mail.

If one guesses the wrong words 3 times, the parchment would simply turn to dust. "Ooh ooh! I wanna read it too!"

"Oi. I haven't even opened it yet. Stop talking for a second. We'll end up guessing it wrong."

He pressed his finger over the blood inscription. "Open, Claw."

The child looked at the parchment with extreme interest. "Oh!" She exclaimed.

"Huh? Did you see something interesting?"

"No. It's just that I can't read" She sulked. "Read it out loud to me."

"Nope. Too bad. Only if you behave the rest of the way back."

"No fair!!!!" She started banging on his head. If this was a video game one could easily see the -1 damage numbers popping up.

"Jeez.. give me a break sometimes, Kid."

"Whats it saaaaayyyy~~~~"

"Hmm...some kid's taken down Baerim. Supposedly 120,000 were defeated."

"All by one kid?"

"Mhm. Isn't that impressive? Heyy...doesn't that make him very strong?"

"Don't get any ideas, Remi. The letter specifically told us to continue to the destination. However, we might have to stop in Sei'O on the way."

"Boss wanted us to make sure Hari and Grotto don't visit Sei'O. You know how they get when they hear about this sorta thing."

Remi yawned. "So we gotta wait even longer before we get to see Leader-samaa" she wanted to cry. "Grrr... I swear to god I will personally wring Hari's neck."

"Hahaha, you can't place all the blame on Hari. Grotto is too lenient anyways. He never pulls the reigns on him."

"I don't wanna hear it." She sulked the entire time they walked through the treacherous forest. Next destination...Sei'O

2