Chapter 36: New Plan
94 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ora woke up after 2 days of rest. His body was really not accustomed to the putrid effects of that drink. Imagine if he had drunk it during battle...that old man would without a doubt destroy him.

A couple of things had changed in the 2 days he was out. One, it seemed most of the bodies were gathered and rested outside of the city walls to be sorted. And two, Galtz was finally up and awake. He was bedridden for the most part, but he was conscious enough to talk and make jokes like he usually does.

Still, everyone refused his help. They were afraid to trouble him. It was an odd situation. He didn't care much about them anyways. Yet, why is he feeling so frustrated in not being able to help them? He scowled. This adoration thing is getting out of hand.

When he came to, there were multiple gifts outside of his room blocking the halls. He could not even leave without several people wanting to greet him. Ora was reclusive in nature, he didn't like talking to all these people. So naturally, when they all crowd him, he can't help but get irritated.

For his daily walk, he decided to stroll around the top of the walls, walking around and surveying the world before him. "You know...with everything that occurred recently, it has been a while since I went there..."

He nodded and steeled his resolve to visit his special place. "I guess I should also be training my physical body as well." He began to sprint as fast as he could. This was technically the long way to his destination, but it didn't matter. He ran along the wall and within 20 minutes was finally at his destination.

Odd...he ran the entire way, not at full speed of course, but still fairly fast. Yet he was not exhausted. The relic did indeed change his body composition. That had to be the only way he'd do such a feat. He recalled the time he jumped too high into the air by accident.

He jumped off the tall 30-meter wall and landed flatly on the ground with the help of his shadows. The location was quite familiar to him. It had been a while since he had seen this part of town.

He passed the giant prison tower that they originally intended to inhabit. Now this area of town was deserted. Not a single entity was here and the wind blew as if it was abandoned.

He closed his eyes as he walked forward, inhaling deeply. Normally, there would be at least a few other vagabonds and beggars, but, with the disaster of the village, almost everyone united together. They all helped each other out and made sure to look after the wellbeing of one another.

It was odd how a disaster could help everyone unite. He walked through the various houses, remembering when he would often wake up at 6 and rise the rest of the children in his unit to wake up and work on their chores.

Such times seemed much simpler. In that time, they had lost so many. He found himself at his destination. Rows upon rows of gravestones centered themselves.

At the very forefront were just 3. They were the most recent. Ora had them dug up and replaced into this graveyard. Amai, Lynx, Aries. His heart was filled with regret that they could not see how much things have changed.

"That sanctuary you guys went off to, I think I'll make one here. I can join yo-..." Suddenly he thought of it. How many plague children were there around the entire country of Sei'O? He was thinking of creating a sanctuary here until he can pass off into the next wold.

But who would that be for? Just the ones here already? No... other children must have thought much the same. They all wanted some escape to finally reach. If that's the case...He'll need to retrieve them. He'll need them to know of the sanctuary known as Essen-Sei'O.

"Oi. Ora."

He immediately jolted back. Who in the world could have snuck up on him? He turned around to see Aren resting against a post.

"Jeez Aren, when did you get here?"

"Eh?? I've always been here. You were too lost in thought to notice."

"Oh..."

Ora got up from his knelt position. "What are you doing back here anyway?"

"Paying my respects to Amai, and Aries." Ora tilted his head. "And Lynx." Ora added.

"I see... you and Lynx were incredibly close huh, you two were practically brothers"

"Mhm." Ora dusted himself off and they both walked back to the northern district. "Come to think of it, Ora. We gotta get you out of those rags. Let's make a stop." He pointed towards the tailor's inn. It was both a tailor shop and an Inn put together. Resourceful.

As soon as Ora entered into the store, the lady immediately dropped her bags and ran up to him. "Oh my goodness...you've come to visit me?! I'm not worthy!" She knelt before him and took his hand which completely threw Ora off.

This was not the reception he expected to receive, nor the reception he had wanted. She got back up with tears of joy in her eyes. "My Lord, you...no...my... God." She wiped off her tears with her cloth. "I've waited long to receive you!"

Ora looked to Aren frantically for help. Aren had no desire to get involved. In fact, he had fled and kept a distance of 30 feet away from the lady at all times, observing the scene from afar.

"Oi..lady..please stop."

She instantly shuddered and stopped touching his arm. "Oh my- I'm humbly sorry. I did not mean to offend my lord."

"I only wish to purvey to you my gratitude." A light shined in her eyes. "I've all the materials necessary for an exalted being such as yourself!"

"If you would, please, allow me to measure you."

She immediately took her measuring tape out from her pockets and began to examine various parts of Ora. The lady was like a fly, super fast and annoying, buzzing about all over Ora and measuring his arm, his neck, his legs.

Ora was beginning to have doubts that he would be able to hit her with his shadows should he so try. Finally, after about 2 minutes, she had gotten all of the measurements she'd needed.

She bowed deeply. "Thank you so much for allowing me to touch someone of your caliber. I've gotten the best...no the most fitting material for one such as yourself! Made from the finest silk from Seirin!!" She danced about proudly displaying her work. "Give me but 3 days, no 2 days...no give me 22 hours and I shall have it ready!"

Ora blankly stared in amusement. He did not believe a single human could have this much energy. Perhaps she was a fly underneath it all. There had to be at least one relic that could turn a fly into a human being.

Aren coughed quickly. "As much as we'd like to wait 22 hours until you're finished preparing the outfit, we kind of need something for now. Look at him."

Now that he brought it to light, Ora was dressed worse than the most ragged of rags. He wouldn't even be suited to use as a washcloth for stains.

"Ah of course of course! I have something just about your size!" She speedily ran to the back room and brought out some odd clothes. One was a set of pants with loose stretchy fabric.

They made his thighs seem huge due to how baggy they were. He had not seen anything like this in this side of the country.

The top robe came down to his knees, hiding the bagginess. Thank god. He looked ridiculous otherwise. The clothes don't actually seem too bad... the movement they allowed was comfortable. He had never seen clothes with this much elasticity.

She also brought out shoes for them that fit comfortably over the feet like socks.

"This ones perfect...how much are they?"

"H-how much??? I-I can never! I would never charge my lord. You have saved us all. There's a debt I cannot repay. For you, the clothes are free."

"No lady, I can't just keep taking from everyone. How much are the clothes?"

She appeared to begin tearing up again. "please...acc--accept them as my appreciation."

Ora sighed and nodded. "very well..."

The instant happiness she ascended into made it seem as if she was faking earlier. "Perfffect!! THANK YOU LORD ORA!" she bowed and began to make some sort of religious hand gesture. "To our exalted savior."

Ora and Aren left the shop promptly after throwing away their old clothing. "What...in the world was that?"

Aren laughed maniacally. "Oh you didn't know? You've gotten quite a following of lunatics as of recent. The cult-like organization has taken to calling you a god. It's growing quite rapidly within this city."

"Do they all act like that?"

As many faces saw him, they all smiled and greeted the plague child. Some bowed and others performed a prayer. The amount of "lord Ora's" he had heard was enough to make him hate his name.

"hmm... is that Rel up ahead? What is he doing?"

Rel waved them down towards the entrance of the gate. "Oi, Ora. Seems like we got a couple people headed our direction. Looks like the kings entourage."

"Is that so?" Ora walked up to the entrance.

"Close the gates. We'll meet them outside."

Announcement
For those of you who have been keeping up with the issue, I'd like to apologize. I haven't been posting it much on ScribbleHub, or logging on as often either.

I release it on here delayed in comparison to on RoyalRoad. The story is doing a lot better on the site than it is here. -Quite recently I made it to the top 8 trending!! So I'm super pumped to release new chapters.

If you definitely want more of the story, do give me a follow and a rating. I will continue to post it on here, but as we speak, there are about 6 more chapters out on RR than on ScribbleHub. My releases will continue to be slightly delayed since it is low priority.

3