CHAPTER 6
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A new day started, Mia went to school as always.

Class was yet to start, so Mia tried killing time by reading. Just as she was absorbed in the book, she could sense someone staring at her but she tried to ignore it.

"Hey, Mia..."

Mia looked to her right, it was Vivi, her seatmate, sitting fidgeting.

"Uhmm..." Vivi tried to say something but seemed hesitant. "Mia... you know, about yesterday... I'm sorry about yesterday! I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that," Her face turned red as she was apologizing. "I promise I won't do it again."

Mia raised her brows, she didn't expect Vivi and came to her and apologized just like that. But she was also relieved because she actually wanted to ask her about something. "Hey-"

"Everyone get into your seats! We are about to start the class."

Just as Mia had gathered her courage to speak up, she was interrupted by the teacher who just came in.

Class started and she failed to talk to Vivi.

------

"That concludes today's lesson, enjoy your break everyone!"

Few hours later, it was time for lunch break.

Vivi was about to leave for the cafeteria with her friends like usual. But as she was about to leave her seat, she felt a slight tug on her sleeve. She turned around, and it was Mia, gently pulling on her sleeve, she finally gathered the courage to reach out.

Vivi was dumbfounded, she did not move a muscle waiting for Mia to say something. But Mia was anxious and the two of them just stayed in place and time went on, as if time froze.

A few seconds passed and Mia finally spoke. "Uh... I-I prepared two lunchboxes today."

Vivi flinched as Mia started talking.

"If you don't mind... w-would you... like to have lunch with m-me today?"

Vivi could not believe what she just heard, she was overjoyed. She grabbed Mia's hand with both of hers. "YES OF COURSE!!" She accepted Mia's invitation with gleaming eyes.

The two of them then had lunch together. As Mia took out her lunch boxes, Vivi was staring at her the whole time.

"Umm... please don't stare at me," Said Mia to Vivi, suggesting that she felt uncomfortable from being looked at so much.

Vivi on the other hand just giggled and smiled at Mia while restlessly moving around in her chair like a kid waiting to receive her christmas present.

"Here you go..." Mia passed the lunchbox to Vivi. "I'm sorry if it doesn't look goo- "

"Oh, my goodness! These look so good!!" Vivi couldn't help but yell seeing the lunchbox's contents. "Did you make them yourself?"

Mia was caught off guard by the yelling and just froze as Vivi was staring at her, waiting for an answer.

"... y-yeah..." Said Mia as she slowly faced down.

"Really? That's amazing! Let me try them..." Vivi took a bite of the food. "MMMM-!! It's so good, they taste amazing. You got skill Mia!"

Mia was flustered and just quietly ate her lunch.

They finished eating a while later and Mia started cleaning up, ready to return to their classroom...

"Hey, why?" asked Vivi, suddenly.

"Huh?" Mia faced up and was startled to see Vivi curiously staring at her.

"Why did you suddenly ask me out for lunch?"

Mia got flustered and avoided eye contact. "Uh- Uhmm... I-I just want to change the way I act..." She kept moving her gaze back and forth. "a-and also I want to apologize to you. I... want to apologize for always stay silent when you tried to talk to me-"

"PFFT-"

"Eh...?"

"PAHAHAHA-!!" Vivi suddenly burst out laughing.

"E-eh? What's wrong? Did I say something weird?"

"Ahaha, sorry- haha, It's just... I've always thought that maybe you hated me, but turned out you're not, and even feel guilty about ignoring me" said Vivi as she wiped her tears from the laughter. "Haha, that was a good laugh."

Mia was speechless. She was embarrassed and her face turned as red as a ripped tomato.

"Ah, but don't worry about it, I wasn't affected by it at all," Vivi stood up. "Let's head back, lunch break will end soon."

As Mia was walking behind Vivi, returning to their classroom, the ends of her lips curved up a little.

The rest of the day continued, school ended for the day. While heading out of the school gate, Vivi called out to Mia and waved at her. But Mia just stood still, watching Vivi run the opposite way from hers.

------

Mia went back to the orphanage, ate dinner and prepared to go to bed. After getting in the bed, Mia for the last time that day, thought about how she successfully reached out to Vivi and smiled. She closed her eyes and fell asleep, dreaming of the dream land where Vin was again.

"Mia?"

Mia opened her eyes to Vin staring as he sat next to her, lying on the floor. "You're awake."

Mia smiled back and sat up. "Mhm, where are we right now?" asked Mia as she was looking around them.

"We are in a treehouse right now. Look, I even prepared tea for us," said Vin as he stood up and poured the tea into a cup.

"A treehouse?!" Mia looked down from the treehouse's entrance. "Wow, we are so high up."

"Here is your tea," Vin handed Mia a cup of tea and sat down next to her.

Mia took a sip of the tea. "Mmm, so good!"

"I'm glad you like it."

"Ah, that's right! Vin, listen..." Mia started telling Vin about what happened at school that day.

"Oh! Good for you, huh," Vin pat Mia's head. "but... why all of a sudden?"

"It's because of you!"

"Huh?? Me?" Vin pointed at himself with a confused face.

"You told me, remember? You told me that maybe the way she kept insisting on talking to me was just her way of being friendly. So I took the risk and reached out to her, and it turned out you were right! It was difficult, but I'm happy that I tried, hehe."

"I see, I'm happy for you," smiled Vin.

"You are so smart, Vin. You're always helping me, I'm glad to have you here with me again."

Strangely, Vin's expression looked shocked upon hearing what Mia said. He bit his lip and looked down before facing back up and smiled at Mia. "...yeah."

0