VOL.2 27 – Moving Onward
1.1k 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took longer than I thought for Orto's health to stabilize. I thought it will only take about a week, but I had to call in Zena to take care of him 4 days in because of what I had to do.

And that is this elf.

Our conversation didn't go as smoothly as I wanted it to be. She lost trust in me as soon as I said the word reward, but still treated me nicely and complied for saving her, though it practically wasn't I that saved her.

The contents were; I get to learn magic under a great elven magician but will only be allowed to learn the common magic knowledge. It didn't go as I wanted it to, but I could bear with it. I'll just find an opening to have them teach me their magic secrets. That's easier said than done though.

But enough of that. after that, I went to the commerce guild the same day and registered. One of the commerce guild's privileges was that all members will be given a 5% reduction on the taxes they will have to pay to the officials and will be exempted from any entrance fee to countries under its influence. The issue of trust is also solved just by being a member, though I was told that that doesn't mean we can't lose the trust of our customers.

The commerce guild is an organization as big as its sister company, the Hunter's Guild. The two are known worldwide and share a great amount of influence that the countries can't but will ignore.

I was told that I had to show proper merchandise and will have to show actual profit. As a former earthling, this was an easy hurdle to deal with. Food, of course, has to be food that I will sell. The food that they serve at Eloc's bar is decent and is actually highly praised by the commoners.

With that as a reference, I introduced a slightly better product and will be selling them while I travel. However, that is another story to be told. I am not going into detail about it, but I'll tell you that it was a great success. Greater than I had anticipated, but it works if it works.

After a few days of successful sales, was granted my Merchant's Tag. This is to show that I am now an official member of the Commerce Guild. They even praised me and asked for the recipes for my products. I leaked one of them to make them even a tiny bit indebted to me and went on with my activities.

After that, it was a few days of waiting for Orto to stabilize. He had a few problems but he seems to be fine. I know that Healing Blood is used for healing by the name and definition from Appraisal, but it was too vague that I couldn't learn how to use it. It was also risky to try it because it doesn't work on me. Is what I know.

After Orto has shown improvements, I have decided to go. I packed my things, which is little, into my Blood Stream and bought a carriage. That is where I would be doing my cooking. I have to hide how I cook my products so that I could keep monopolizing them.

After buying some stocks to keep it going while we travel, we went and said our farewell.

"See you again!" That was what the girls said. Amy, after hearing what I have been through to save them was crying hard that time as our carriage moved further and further on the road. It would have been perfect if it wasn't for my lack of emotions. Truly unfortunate.

And Amy… she forgot like 3 whole days of what happened and reverted back to being like a child for a few days.

The elf was not as talkative as she was when she was still under the care of the girls, but since she's cooperative it is not a problem.

The plan is to the South of Alphore Capital to the port city, Aalto Adrian. After, we are going to take a ship to reach the Hyuu continent. A continent with mixed races unlike here, the Human continent.

But our first destination is going to be a small pioneer village that was recently set up by a group of hunters. Because of this new village, new and safer routes were developed. It was said to be a land that no one wanted to claim because of the sheer amount of monsters that resides in it. It is inside the borders of Alphore, but the king has decided to let anyone who cleans it up to have it. That is where this bunch of hunters comes in and does the cleaning.

They have received the official notice and were given the right to govern the land. But it was still clear as day that they still haven't decided on a village chief.

IS what I learned from rumors in the Commerce Guild. They were talking about how convenient the new routes are but gave harsh criticism to the village itself. There was no inn, they said. The houses barely pass as huts, they said. There were no proper defensive walls that should help with protecting the village, they said.

We are heading to that very village that was given harsh evaluations. These people may see it as a hopeless village that was made by barbarians that only know how to fight, but I see it as a village worthy of investment.

It is only 2 days away from the port city so seafood is abundant if handled correctly. Highly praised routes that are perfect for trading. And the fact that it was a forest that is formerly a breeding ground for monsters means it has a high mana density and a lot of animals to prey on, meaning that it could be cultivated into a stable and natural hunting ground. I want to monopolize such a good opportunity while it is still free to grab.

With my modern-day knowledge, I could use this as a source of money when I need it.

This village is going to be my first stepping-stone to reaching my goal. This is important for buying rares or information. Time to secure a moderate-scale fund source.

*****

Yeah, you can see where I am going with this development. It won't be for long though, don't worry.

And with this, I now have a stone to grab on for this volume! The port city stuff is already planned. I am not letting this turn like the trash that is volume 1.

Happy new year!

35