28 – Arrival
898 28 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lory's POV

I am Lory. A forest elf and is the first wife of the Moon Elf, Edward. He is also the current Village Head.

Right now I am in a small predicament. My common sense is crumbling by the day.

I am currently traveling back home along with a girl named Celeste Crourem.

She is a vampire, a day-walker at that. Such vampires were never heard of after the great war 500 years ago. There is no vampire that could walk under the influence and light of the Great God of Sun, Radiare. That is what I was taught, and I grew with that common knowledge, but that very common sense is currently getting grounded into dust right in front of me.

She even thinks of the sun as a source of nutrients!

"Vitamin D. The sun radiates UV rays that help the body make this nutrient. For its purposes, pretty simple, it is important for your bones, blood cells, and immune system. So if you ever see someone so weak, always seems fatigued, and frequently suffers from muscle aches, bone pains, or sudden mood changes, like depression. Then you should tell them to bathe in the morning sun more often. Plus, its warmth feels good," Is what she said when I asked her! A vampire feeling good from the sunlight? Now that is definitely unheard of!1All googled btw :3

Somehow, out of the blue, I was taught a sudden medical breakthrough! We always thought of it as the Sun God's blessings, but to think that there is such depth to it. This is exactly what my husband suffers from! Probably because he always stays inside his room doing nothing but magic research. I thought it was fine as long as he still embraces me and gives me love. But to think that this was such a serious issue! Once I am back I will have him do the same things this vampire does!

What is she doing? She is simply running with the carriage as weights while the horses follow behind and rest. As if! That would make average people faint! Actually, no! I bet they can't even do the same!

Though I understand that she is a vampire, she is doing it for four hours early in the morning. She bathes in the sun as she does this halfway through, too! Weren't vampires suppose to be magic-based creatures that are born from thick miasma and mana? Weren't they suppose to be weak without their magic and physical enhancement techniques using magic, similar to succubuses? Well, not anymore! This girl just proved so!

Siighh… it's tough to try to conceive what she is thinking. Whenever I asked a question she always answers with a detailed explanation. She is like a noble's child that was home tutored. Innocent and curious. I wasn't the only one who asked questions, she did too. She mostly asked about the common sense of the world. Plus, she's so adorable whenever she sleeps! She is usually awake and expressionless but whenever she sleeps, her charms just skyrockets! As if she isn't already plenty adorable and this adds in!

I was a fool for being on guard around her just because she asked me to hand rewards. Of course, there should be a reward, she saved me! Truly a fool I am. I am currently reflecting on that and am trying to close the distance between us that I myself have widened. It isn't going well as she seems to have trouble trusting. I fully understand that, that is why I am reflecting!

But why, why, why…

"That doesn't mean I trust you now though," For the love of the Gods, WHY did I say that?!

After that, I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. I am reflecting, alright…

Quick reminder to regularly exercise!

***Back to Celes***

I learned a lot from Lory when she finally started talking to me. I also ended up teaching her things, but since those were pretty basic, there is no problem. During the twelve days that we were talking, I made some sales as we got closer to the pioneering village.

I learned something about Lory when she first talked to me on the road. She is incredibly cautious. For three consecutive nights, she didn't sleep. That was how cautious she was around me and I could not create any opportunity to make her owe me more since there were no openings. She is awake and stares at me when I pretend to sleep, and she wakes up the moment I get a little far away when she is sleeping. I could only watch as we get closer to our destination.

And today marks the end of our first travel together. We arrived at the village, I will tell you something. This village is down bad. There were not even fences. The hunter's coordination is all over the place. There was not a single well, they are relying on a slightly faraway river it seemed. They hunt their own food for breakfast and dinner with their own parties. The houses look like will all fall the instance a windy day comes. Most importantly, the smell. My heightened sense of smell backfired and is giving me an actual headache right now. "This could be a weakness in the future so I must train myself," I thought at that time.

It looked like a dying village more than a new village to the point that it was actually impressive that its this worse. In normal circumstances, this would only be happening if a village lacks resources and is slowly falling into poverty.

I asked some of them about their state and were told that the problem was the fact that they couldn't pick a proper village chief. They added that they are all hopeless about everything except fighting. After that, I told them why not take an outsider as temporary chief. They were against the idea, turns out they are together here and want to settle here because they all went through a rough betrayal and lose trust with anyone except their comrades.

I have decided to talk to them and let me handle the position of the temporary head after a small scheme. I suppose the road to success is truly a rough one to pave.

*****

34