34 – There were once a hunter
616 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hunter was very young. Too young in fact, however, he had no choice. He picked the sword and shield up and departed from his rundown of a house.

He hunted and hunted. Did missions after missions and got promoted. He caught the eye of his fellow newcomers. Feeling a little more confident after his promotion, he agreed on joining them.

Their party was doing great! Too great for a beginner party. They were looked up upon by their peers and juniors but were hated by their seniors.

You see, their society did not allow one to stand out. You are a nuisance once you caught the eyes of the big guys.

And the party did exactly that… the guild master praised their capabilities and promoted them all once which allowed them to partake in higher-difficulty missions!

A decade passed and the boy who was once a teen is now a handsome adult! He grew his hair thinking that it suited him! His friends, comrades, and family, also had their make-up!

Their life was doing great and they got to the second-highest rank a hunter in their continent could attain! They were the talk of the town! The peddlers' best friends, and the minstrels' hottest topic!

However, as one would expect, hundreds of admirers come with one hater! Their enemies within the shadows gathered and pondered.

They devised a plan in order to end this up-and-coming party that everyone likes!

Came the fateful day, and like the boy, no, the man was fighting an orc's fortress. As soon as they were about to finish off the last orc, ice engulfed their legs and completely immobilized them all!

Except for one… the parties mage was crying as she was thrusting the staff into the now frozen soil. This confused all her friends and left them in a state of shock…

But before they could take in what just happened, several arrows flew in their direction! These arrows hit them hard and turn out the arrows had a paralyzing effect!

These arrows also got the mage and are now gasping for air, but that's not what is important right now.

A handful of evil-looking hunters appeared out of the forest and they attacked!

This got the party back to their senses and counterattacked and struggled to no end. They were able to bring their enemies' numbers down to half. They had no choice but to kill them or they would have been the ones dead. The mage is now dead though. Moving on!

That may have been the case, but they were extremely fatigued because of the paralysis, their choices were limited and they were exhausted more than they ever were throughout their entire career.

One person didn't seem affected by the poison, however. The man stood like the leader he was! Though the situation was still too dire and even he won't be enough.

His friends, comrades, and family, recommended for him to run and report them to the guild. He was opposed to it, of course! But he had no choice either if he wanted to live.

In the end, the man had to run! He ran and ran, traveled and traveled. He was so ashamed. He was also so confused as he just ditched the people he regarded as family and we're betrayed by one of them, so confused that he did not even know what he was doing and he found himself on the human continent. The continent he was in is the multi-raced continent. The biggest of them all. But anyway…

The man got over his past and resolved himself, he gathered the people that experienced the same bitterness of life and grew together with them. Now, he is determined to not let the same thing ever happen again! Ever! EVER! So much that capitalizing that word was necessary if not enough.

Now that is the end of our story, folks. I'll come back to this town again once I heard more about the traveling man! I hope you enjoyed it!

Now, along with my guitar, I once again travel the vast world and share more stories for the ignorant!

*****

27