Chapter 54: Pseudo Planar Mage
1.7k 8 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I can’t keep this forever,” Rick thought as he arrived at the void again. “There seems to be no end to this!”

He had already lost count of how many times he had gone through the entire process.

The next moment he was hurling down into the flames again.

Although he had enough time to recoup his Mana before being thrown into the flames again, fatigue had started to set in.

“Fuck it,” he finally said.

He was bored out of his mind repeating the same process again and again and finally decided not to cast the Hot Hands spell and dived into the flames without any protection.

“Aah!” he screamed in agony as his body sank into the burning river of flames. “Why am I not getting teleported yet!”

He had expected to get teleported in a moment, but to his horror, nothing happened.

Since he was a Fire Elemental Mage, his body already had innate elements of Fire which stopped him from being burnt to a crisp immediately, but it would only help him stay alive for a few moments.

“Shit!” he cursed.

His mind raced to try to think of a way out while he trashed his hands wildly trying to get out of the magma.

I need to teleport myself from this place,’ he thought, clearing his mind. ‘I need to circulate the Mana within my body, that’s the way out!

But when he tried to direct the Mana within his body, he found none within him. It was as if his body was scrubbed clean of Mana.  

Fuck it, I will draw in the Fire from outside,’ he shook his head in calm desperation.

He closed his eyes and felt the Fire element in the magma around him swirling and engulfing him whole.

It was different feeling from when he used to drive the Mana within him in the Fire Path to get Fire Elemental. He was now trying to convert Fire Element from the surrounding and trying to reverse engineer it into his own Mana!

He slowly opened the pores of his body and allowed the violent Fire Element to enter his body. His body immediately started to react against the foreign mana and his body temperature flared up!    

Slowly, slowly,’ he murmured as he drove the Mana in the Fire Path.

It was a much more complicated process as he had to control the excited fire particles in the precise path, but after a couple of failed attempts, he finally succeeded.

With the Fire Elements tamed and made his own, he quickly routed them through his body a few more times and directed them to the spot between his eyes, just like when he had when he tried to understand the fire element.

I understand now,’ he smiled as the fire elemental mana reached the glabella.

He quickly arranged the Mana in a complex array. It was in the shape of a circle with a cross running across its diameter and the Fire Core Rune at one end.

“Now, I make my own mark!” he said as he finally directed the Mana to the centre of the cross and inscribed the mark of the Signet on it with the letter ‘R’ on it.

As soon as he completed the Array, the flames on his body reside and simultaneously, the crimson red of the flame world slowly retreated.

When he opened his eyes, he found himself back at the void, but this time was different.

“Space Core,” Rick mumbled as he broke into a wide smile.

In the endless black abyss, there was an array etched out in the shape of the one he had drawn moments before!

The array gave him a familiar vibe as it hummed with a golden hue and he could tell with just a glance it was a teleportation array.

“I should leave right now,” Rick immediately rushed towards the array finding an opportunity from the eternal loop.

At the other end of the portal, he found himself back in his own consciousness. He was finally out of the planar tribulation and back in his own body.

“That was something,” he gasped as he owned his eyes.

He was still sitting by the desk, drenched in his own sweat but otherwise, it was still dark outside as if not a moment had passed.

 

*Ding

*Ding

*Ding

*Ding

 

 A string of notifications rang, but Rick decided to check them later.

He first had to check on the Space Core Rune First!

As his mind entered his consciousness again, there was the array there too.

The array was the Space Core Rune which connected his mind to the void where the other corresponding array existed!

“It all makes sense now,” he said aloud excited. He finally understood the space element.

Since it was already too dark at night to undertake his next course of action, he decided to check his notifications.

 

[The proficiency of the Skill: Tranquil Heart has increased]

[The proficiency of the Skill: Tranquil Heart has increased]

[The proficiency of the Skill: Tranquil Heart has increased]…

 

[Tranquil Heart: Master]

[Proficiency: 92%]

 

“That’s-” Rick was astounded.

His proficiency in the skill had increased to an unbelievable level that he was on the verge of reaching the next.

“Well, without it, I would have definitely lost my mind,” Rick said thankfully, blissfully unaware that it was also the reason that he had to get stuck for so long.

He checked the next notification.

 

[Congratulations!]

[You are now a Novice Pseudo- Planar Mage]

 

“Planar Mage sounds better than Space Mage,” Rick smiled, but a moment later his smile disappeared. “What do you mean by pseudo?”

He immediately read the rest of the description.

 

[The host is has comprehended part of a single element of Planar Laws]

 

“You mean, I can only use Fire Elemental,” Rick mumbled but was not disappointed. He already knew about this after all.

He was only able to visit the Fire World this time, but he would need to understand and comprehend all the other elements before he could truly call himself a Planar Mage.

“Anyway, I don’t care. All I care about is that I should be able to summon,” he rationalized.

He opened the next notification.

[Congratulations]
[You have unlocked all requirements to become a Summoner]

[The information regarding Summoning has been unlocked in the Lemegeton.]

I hope you enjoy the chapter. Please let me know if you have any feedback.

37