Chapter 42: Patching God’s System
2.3k 7 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rick burrowed his forehead as he read the notification again.

"He is not all-knowing after all," Rick spoke.

It was frustrating that God had turned the world upside down and now it seemed like he was merely toying with them.

'Maybe there is no actual invasion, it's just a sick joke for God,' he wondered.

But no matter how much he wanted to stop playing this game, he had no choice. He reached opened the "Patch 1.0" tab floating before his eyes.

 

[Patch 1.0]

[Only changes affecting the Host will be displayed, the other changes will be automatically incorporated in the patched version.]

 

"Okay, that makes sense," Rick moved to the next message.

 

[Update 1 - Blessed Stones]

[Update 2 - Entrance Portal]

 

"God's really fixing glitches!" Rick exclaimed in shock. 

'How many Blessed Stones do I have?' he recalled.

On the very first day, he was rewarded for clearing the Library dungeon with these.

Right away he knew that there was no way he could use these rewards. But he assumed it was just that he did not know how to use them.

"And all this while it was God to forgot to put it? How was I supposed to know God made a mistake," he said disappointedly. 

The first thing that caught his attention was the Blessed Stone. He had received twenty-two Blessed Stones but neither did he get any stones.

From the earlier description he had read before, the Blessed Stones were supposed to be a currency created by God. But until now there was no way to use them!

He clicked on the first Update about Blessed Stones and read the notification.

“So He is finally realized there is no place to spend them” Rick recalled reading the notification.

After the Patch, God was allowing people to enter a place called the Blessed Exchange by paying the fee of half a Blessed Stone.

Below the description was a timer counting down to when the entrance to the Blessed Exchange would open again.

"There is another twenty minutes before it opens again," Rick noted looking at the counter. He quickly opened the second update.

 

[Entrance Portal]

 

“So it’s a way out,” Rick broke out into a grin.

He walked to one corner of the shack and crouched down to touch the ground.

“My bedroom, my bedroom,” he repeated in his mind, trying to imagine his room back in the apartment.

Finally, after a minute of clearing his mind of other distraction, he whispered “City Central Library Portal”

Nothing happened at the start. But right after, the ground rumbled and a wide circle appeared with his hands in the centre.

“Amazing,” Rick stood straight.

He looked at the notification again to make sure everything was correct.

“Transfer,” Rick said.

Suddenly he felt his body feel light and a strong gush of air engulfed him forcing him to close his eyes.

Moments later the winds subsided, and he opened his eyes. The surroundings were completely different.  

“It worked,” Rick looked around the room in surprise.

He had been teleported from the Library to his bedroom in seconds. Below his feet was an identical circle similar to the one that had just appeared in the shack in the Private Study of the Library!

“This!” Rick was flabbergasted, “It’s impossible!”

It was impossible to believe that it worked. He quickly ran out of the room and outside to make sure it was real.

After confirming it to be true, he walked back into the room to stand inside the circle.

“Transfer,” he said again.

Just like last time he felt another gush of wind by his face and the next moment he was back in the Library.

“The Celestial Devotees can wait all their lives waiting for Kir and Rick to come out,” Rick guffawed.

He quickly opened the notification to check the counter for the entrance to the Blessed Exchange. It was almost time for the entrance to open.

He picked up the Lemegeton and checked on Pip who was still fast asleep on the bed.

“Pip stay tight, I will be back,” he said sitting down on the chair.  

He looked at the counter hit zero and spoke, “Pay Blessed Exchange Fee”

A white light of portal appeared.

A notification Screen appeared before his eyes.

 

[Balance: 21.5 Blessed Stones]

 

The next moment he had jumped again with a gush of wind and right after he found himself in a magnificent large hall. The hall was brightly lit with beautiful sculptures and chandeliers all in white.

As Rick looked around there were other bright flashes of light around him as other people started appearing one after another at the Blessed Exchange.

“Rick you are here,” he suddenly heard a familiar voice.

“Samira!” Rick replied, recognizing the voice even before looking back.

Just then another voice called, “Rick you made it out alive!”

Rick looked over to see Dale appear nearby.

“Rick” another voice called

“Is that Rick?” other voices asked.

Rick looked around and saw a couple of new people appear in white overalls all around.

I hope you are enjoying reading HS :)

Announcement
Join on Discord :)
41