W1- 15: A Letter C
174 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up on a new day, Klover stretched his arms yawning, still feeling sleepy from an expedition yesterday.

"Goodmorning, Mr. Guest!!!!" Olivia suddenly appeared in front of him. Shocking him out of sleepy state, almost falling from his bed.

".....goodmorning.....It will take sometime to get used to this." Klover said as he convinced Olivia to get away from his room to prepare to remove his clothes as he entered the bath. 

"Every room has a bath huh...." Though it's a little downgraded since the place is made with wood everywhere. He saw a bucket and wooden scoop, he smiled.

"Yep, the old times." He wondered who's Otherworlder or a famous person invented this creation....

.....

"Goodmorning, new guest." The father of Olivia also known as Jack greeted Klover. He introduced himself when he was eating dinner yesterday.

"Yeah....goodmorning. What's for today by the way." Today he wore your usual adventurer attire, leather tunic and boots, which also signifies that he is a lower rank or a newcomer in the guild.

"Cooked chicken and vegetables, kids like you need to be healthy especially when you're an adventurer. Give your plate to me." Klover then handed his plate to Jack as he filled him his food.

"Smells delicious..." He then ate his fill as he prepared to go to an adventurers guild after this.

......

Walking into the capital full of people, Klover enjoyed the bustling street of playing children, he smiled at the sight before continuing to walk to the guild.

Entering the guild seems the same as the one inside, full of people, waiting in line, sitting on tables talking to one another and others complaining to the receptionist.

'Yep.....totally normal.' This has been the norm for Klover ever since he became an adventurer. He then minded his business as he looked at quest board.

'C rank.....c rank......c rank......ah-' "There it-." Fully looking at the contents he frowned. A team type subjugation quest. Looking around at the people partying with each other except for him reminds him of the isolation during his time in his last town. He wished only was a solo one

'....I don't like this...not at all....' He hated this. He hated being left out, ever since before he was transported here, Klover worked hard just to keep up with his old "friends" as he was the only normal one out of them prodigies, ignored by his family just because his little sister is better than him, yet the very purpose of his improvement was shattered by them, he kept running....running away. It was his fault right......? Or is it hi-

"Hey are you alright....?" A feminine tone snapped him out of his negative thoughts. Finally looking around he noticed a bunch of people staring at him. Finally noticing he was breathing hard and clutching his heart hardly.

"....y-yeah...." Finally looking at the girl with beautiful green hair and yellow eyes judging from her face she definitely looked older than Klover, well he can't age though. So he doesn't know.

"...you don't really looked fine at all." Unconvinced she continued. "Should I call for he-" 

"No no no, I'm really fine thanks for worrying about me." Klover hurriedly said. 'I don't want to escalate this situation, I've already embarrassed myself from what I did earlier. I just need to make su-'

"Hm....what's this...?" Noticing the quest Klover was looking, the green haired beauty then took the quest paper Klover was looking at.

'Wai-' Seemingly too late the girl then read the contents out loud. 

"Orc Subjugation C- Class.....Oh..!! So it's a team quest...!!! No wonder you looked worried there, you have no party...!!!" The girl said cheerfully. It seems the girl seemed to misunderstand Klover's intention.

"........" 

....

"Requesting a party may take a few days, perhaps I should book this quest for you in case someone takes it....?"

".....yeah...." In the receptionist table, Klover held his hands under his head to cover his embarrassment earlier. He still caught some adventurers snickering at him as he exited the guild.

....

'Uggghhhhhh....this is the fucking worse...' Leaving the guild out of boredom and embarrassment Klover took a stroll to the capital. Looking at the stalls for something to eat and to forget about the situation earlier.

"....hmm....?" Smelling at the delicious fragrance of food. He then walked to the source which is a food stall.

"Hm....? Kid, want some....?" The shopkeeper noticed Klover approaching then looked then looked at him expectantly.

"...yeah." 

....

'It's good, that's fantasy for you.' Eating the smoked sausage on a stick while sitting on a bench Klover ate while listening to gossips that caught his attention as the two men talking.

"....hey have you heard, it seems like an old cult that calls themselves "The Salvation" is on the rise again."

"Hm......wasn't that the same one during the last invasion ago."

"Yeah, they said their goals is to help the invaders win......don't you think they are a bit crazy here....?

"They are always crazy to begin with, when will the knights make a move....?"

"His Majesty already made a decision to purge those damn cultist. Security's on the high here right now, other kingdoms won't even let you without a proper examination."

".......do you think we'll win....?" That words crossed Klover mind, 'Will we really win....? Considering the situation right now, Nolan said that according to the Oracle, the invasion might happen anytime.' Seeds of doubt have already grown in this place by just looking at the adults, worry and fear already shown in their faces.

"......I can't really answer that, let's just hope the heroes will defeat them......" The two men then stayed silent.

*Munch*

Finishing his eating session, Klover then stood up as he walked aimlessly not bothering other people's business. Walking for a few meters he then find something that peeked his interest.

"......A magi shop......?" Is what says on the sign board. He looked deep in thought on what to do with this new shop.

'Maybe I could find something useful...' Resolving himself Klover then entered the shop, the sounds of bell ringing indicating the door has been opened.

"Hmmmm? Ohhh a neeeww custooomeer." A funny feminine voice was heard a mature woman with gray hair and blue eyes that examined Klover every movement. 

'She's creepy...' Is what Klover's first impression of the gray haired woman. Finally taking a look at the room, he can see lot's of scrolls and books hanging around in wooden shelves, ignori-

"Whyyyyy aaaaare yoouuu ignooring meee..."

"No, I just didn't notice you." The woman seemed convinced by his answer, she then continued.

"Weeell theennn, whaaat dooo yoouuu waaant....?" Klover looked around the shelves before he looked at the woman.

"Is there some kind of....a scroll that can be used to heal a person.....?" In times like this, preparations are important. You will never know what will happen in an expedition. 

"Hmm....an expediiition perhaaps....?

"A team subjugation and it's an important one....Oh right I'm not done yet, I'm gonna need some magic scrolls too just in case." Klover said as he looked at the elemental scrolls in the shelves.

....

"Hm.....iiisss thiiis allll...?" Klover looked at the elemental scrolls that contained two scrolls of Earth [Wall] , Water [Overflow] and a Light [Heal] scroll too. He tested the sample scrolls the woman gave him earlier.

"....yeah this is probably it...." He then took 19 silver coins on his pocket bag, with 23 remaining left. 

'I'm gonna do some D- class tomorrow.' He thought as he exited the shop.

*Ring*

"Thaaank youuuuu for yoooouuur patroooonaaage...." Is what he finally heard from the mouth of the gray haired woman.

Carrying the bag full scrolls he then went off to finish his day.

.....

"Hii again Mister Guest!!!" He was met with a cheerful Olivia as he entered the inn. It's almost nighttime by the way.

"Hello..." Klover responded to the cheerful girl. Putting his newly bought materials to his room.

"Dinner is almost ready....!!!" He heard the yell of Olivia, reminding him.

"Yeah, I'll come there later." Klover said as he arranged his scrolls. 

'So the activation process is just to open it....huh...' According to what the woman said earlier, opening the scroll and saying it's supposed element will automatically activate it's functionality. 

"I'm nervous." Doing a new rank quest like this is pretty nerve-racking. 

"Mr. Guests...! Dinner is here....!!!" A certain girl's yell can be heard downstairs.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming." Hearing the same words Klover went to downstairs to finish his dinner and to prepare for a C rank quest.

'Let's just hope nothing goes wrong.'

5