W1- 16: His Worth
151 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So I'm thinking of making the main character flawed.

It's a new day....the sounds of bustling people on the streets to start their day can be heard inside Klover's ears, still stubborn not to wake he covered his ears using a pillo-

"It's a new day Mr. Guest..!!!!!" Until Olivia suddenly teleported in shocking the half asleep Klover out of his bed. He finished his daily excercise routine at dawn as he slept again since he had nothing to do.

"Oh....it's you...also don't call me "Mr. Guest". Call me Klover." It has been a while since Klover said his name to the girl yet the Olivia insisted that the name "Mr.Guest" just sounds better on him.

"I can't help it....!!!" The young girl while smiling. Before she continued. "Also breakfast is almost ready....!!! You have to come to downstairs  immediately....!!!" The girl vanished again. Leaving Klover to smile.

It's been two days since Klover's embarrassing situation had begun, most people inside had probably forgotten about it, but for Klover? He still cringed thinking about the situation everyday and he can't get it out in his mind.

'I must remember to always maintain a good impression on everyone....that's right maintain a good impression, and I failed.....I fai-'

"Hurry up Mr. Guest!!! Breakfast is here...!!!" Olivia's voice snapped him out of his thought, Klover shook his head as he took a bath, change his clothes as he went downstairs, only to find Olivia lied to him.

"So about the breakfast...."

"I forgot to said almost.....tehee!!!!"

.....

While eating the sounds of the people outside slowly got louder as it bothered Klover and the other guests eating. 'What is happening...?' The thoughts of other people inside the inn resonated, an event like this happening could only be a knight's parade. Curiosity and uneasiness invaded them.

"Should we check...?" Asked the guy in black robe. Not waiting for an answer other people stood up to check including Klover. Opening the door, they were met with bystanders looking at the sky with worried faces as they in turn looked at sky.

A small crack in the sky has appeared....

'...a crack...?' surrounded by thoughts and curiosity as Klover was about to ask the man in robe. Only to figure it out by himself. But....

'That never appeared earlier......' During his earlier he swear he never saw that thing at dawn.

"The invasion has almost begun. May the goddess and her heroes save us from an impending destruction."

....

Entering the guild, Klover was met with a very alarming crowds of people walking from left toright. He already knew the situation beforehand as he walked in to the receptionist.

"....what can I do for you....?" The woman was clearly stressed by looking at her face, He decided to answer his question immediately as to not bother the woman further.

"So....about the party quest..." The woman instantly knew Klover's situation.

"Ah...!!! You're that kid....*ahem* yes a party has already been decided for you. You can meet them at the waiting room, in fact they are the ones waiting for you right now." The woman then pointed at the group of  3 women and 2 men.

Klover recognized that one girl in the party.

'It's that green haired woman...' The 5 man team recognized Klover's stare and then.....

"So you're the guy huh....." A handsome man wearing an silver armor, with yellow hair and green eyes talked to Klover as he examined his looks and movement.

"It's that guy...!!!" The cheerful, happy-go-lucky green haired woman spoke as he recognized him days earlier. To which-

"*Cough* Forgive this carefree woman, can you please introduce yourself, the names Leight "Carter", this dumb, but caring green haired wo- girl is Leafa "Springter", the woman with violet hair and eyes is Ildi "Otold" along with her husband with brown hair and blue eyes, Aaron "Frocks", and girl behind us is with gray hair and black eyes is Sharon "Hilter" and my girlfriend. Yours...?

Surprised by the sudden information dump by the blonde person, Klover shook his head as he answered.

"Klover "Kirsten", though I might need another recheck for your names later." Klover said awkwardly, a sudden info dump can be such a headache.

"....not that I mind anyway, we heard a party request not to long ago, we figured a person like you need some help, also your C- rank correct?"

 "Well....yeah, I would've done everything alone if only there was a solo one, but I can count on you this time." Scratching his as Klover in turn looked at the 4 other members. He then smiled-

"My name is Klover "Kirsten" and it's nice to meet you."

....

"Hm~hm~hm~hm, this place is rea~lly nice today!!!" Walking again though a different route in the Great Blue forest, the 6 man group find themselves going deeper and deeper as the sky is slowly getting covered through the shades of trees.

"......scrolls check and daggers finally check." A boy was checking his materials over and over again to check if everything will go wrong in this subjugation.

"You're really paranoid huh...." The blonde haired man spoke to Klover.

"Well, it's my first time doing a higher rank quest, I just can't help it if something goes wrong." Just yesterday he bought another each 3 scrolls of Earth [Wall], Water [Overflow] and Light [Heal] resulting in him being almost flat broke as they're too expensive.

"Having no affinity to magic really sucks huh...." Klover aid as he was thinking about the conversation earlier.

"So I have question..." Klover asked. After the introduction of the six man group, formerly five. He was allowed to ask a question as long as it's not a hassle, according to the blonde youth.

"...what is it...?" 

"So about the crack, we know that the invasion will happen in every part of the world, shouldn't we prepare for it instead of just doing this....?" Klover knew he was asking a stupid question but as curious as he was he couldn't hold it in.

"A dumb yet logical question."  Leight said, causing Klover to flinch at his action. He continued staring at Leight in anticipation of getting an answer.

The blonde youth sighed as he closed his eyes.".....fine, what we're doing right is called "helping", in a way that we're keeping a monster from running outside of the forest due to the dense nature of mana from the cracks, don't worry too much about it as the cracks may take time to worsen itself as it will probably takes few more months for the real battle to occur, so it's a win-win situation for us. Stronger monsters, more profit." 

"....that make sense." Klover decide to ask about the residents but he decided to keep quiet about it.

"Anymore questions.....?"

"...I'll save it for later."

...

"We're almost there...." Shaking and rumbling sounds can be heard as it alerted 5 people, the green airhead going a sudden change from cheery to serious.

"What's that...?" Nervous, he asked Leight unable to keep his cool. Sweat slowly pouring from his neck.

"Hide.....and don't move." Knowing the tone in the blonde man's voice, the violet haired woman immediately casted a spell. But the ogres, three of them are already here, standing two meters or taller, two short horns sprouting from their head and sharp two tooth coming from their lower mouth. He closed his eyes, hoping for them to attack.....but-

The ogres ran pass them, not sparing the party any glance whatsoever.

"Wh-!!!"

'Hide.....and don't move.' He kept quiet. He looked in his arms only to find them invisible.

'What was that spell....? A camouflage perhaps, if so is there even a need to hide....? Klover wanted to-

"Follow them...!! His thoughts were interrupted by Leight, yelling at them to which they nodded. They hastily followed the ogres at a high speed

"Hey wait.....!" Klover said in a low voice, barely keeping up with them. He has no choice.

'Body Strengthening.' He was then temporarily covered in faint light before a sudden surge in strength engulfed his entire body.

With a speed and kick equivalent of a horse and punch similar of a car crash at 60k/ph is the limit of his magic skill, he was able to keep up with them albeit temporarily.

....

"....!!!!! You're abl~e to keep up....?" The green airhead spoke, surprised by the sudden development of the boy, a young at that too. If only she knew.

Not that she mind anyway, they then continued their pace, until the scream of a man was heard, from the sound of it, it was desperate and fear. 

'...! A human...!!??? This isn't good....." Leafa got worried at the fact that someone got involved in the ogre stampede.

"Shit....!" She gritted her teeth, still smiling. She then looked at Klover behind.

"We're go~ing even more fas~ter n~ow, I can hear peo~ple scream~ing far ahead. Let's ho~pe you can keep up on this one....!" The 5 man party excluding Klover went even more faster. 

"!!Hey...wai-..!???" Voices of a boy, was slowly getting quieter and quieter as Klover was slowly left behind.

"...are you sure about leaving him behind...? That boy looked clearly desperate about catching with us....shouldn't you have buffed him too." A muscular gray haired man, Aaron "Frocks" was worried about Klover.

"Don't wo~rry abo~ut it..!!! He can catch up with us later, plus he'll get to experience what us veteran adventurers are capable of...!" Leafa"Springter" smugly said. It was the first time they had supported an adventurer so she wanted to see him her cool side. She wanted to be admired by newcomers, so she wanted to leave a good first impressi-.

"Leight already said you're a green airhead. That's Klover" The violet haired woman, Ildi "Otold" interrupted, or more like already knew what Leafa is thinking.

"Ghkkk, but....!-" She retorted, only to be interrupted again.

"You also humiliated him in a pretense of helping him a few days earlier, Leight calling you an airhead was a final nail on a coffin." Ildi smirked, causing the entire party to laugh. 

"Seriously enough about that, we're almost there." Leight interrupted the four people to cease their silly antics with a serious expression. The sounds are getting quieter, which means-

".....they either escaped, or-." 

"...they died." The situation became grimmer as they are almost there.

"Fuck...!!" Leight said, quickening his pace even further, the group followed.

As they arrived at the source of scream Leafa said earlier, they are then met with-

Bodies, mutilated...

Body parts that are not in place....

A missing head....

There's twelve of them, humans....

Dead.....

The five man party stared in horror.....

They were late.....

A rolling head then rolled on to Lea-

"Ghhhkkk....!" They snapped out.....

'Gotta snap out....this isn't the time.....!!'

"......we're late..." It was Leight that broke the ice. 

"Uraggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!" A loud monstrous scream was heard.... They're here.....

A silhouette was shown not too far way..... it was them.... ogres, with their horns glowing, eyes blinded with rage.....

There's nine of them....

'.....can we make it.....?' It was the thought of every people standing there, frozen.... clearly outnumbered. They had miscalculated, and they have to pay the price for it...

"*pant* *pant*" A clearly tired Klover finally catched up with them.

"Finally, I-!!!!" Klover looked at the surroundings, why are there people sleeping like that..... he hasn't registered it yet.

....No he doesn't want too...

.......It's the first he saw a dead human body....

"...ghkkk!!! Ahh.....ahhhh..." He fell down to the ground, eyes almost that looked like they would gouge out.

The five man party noticed this. So does the ogres, they were already too late as the mana nature of the crack made them lost their mind, whilst giving them too an extreme surge of power....

And now their rage is directed at them.

"URGGHHHAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!" Nine of them screamed in unison to the point where a normal human would get deaf temporarily. The fiv- six man party covered their ears.

"......get ready for battle." It's a life or death situation, the odds are against them, who knows if a miracle would happen...

Nine of them charged in unison. Klover snapped out of his daze he then took out Earth [Wall] Scroll still clearly afraid as Ildi prepared to cast her spell.

'4th Page of the Book of "Adrean El Magmeis", I command thee.' Her staff glowed.

"Light [Holy Dome]." A golden light was then casted in a dome shape area as it surrounded the party, Leafa and Leight excluded.

"Leafa....!!! Do your thing I can hold this shit for a lil' while....!" The husband of Ildi, Aaron "Frocks" said as a golden shield suddenly appeared out of nowhere in his arms. Red hue suddenly appeared in his shield, the ogres seemed to stopped at their tracks, their rage was then directed from the muscular gray haired man.

'2nd Page of the Book of "Solomon El Forsted", The Great.' His shield glowed. Bending to it's will in need of a command.

"...Light [A Hundred Shield]." Golden wings grew as a glowing hundred copies of the same shield appeared, resonating with the Holy Dome.

The ogres charged even faster, preparing to use their strongest attack which is their fist as their horns glowed even more. Their instincts told them to do so. 

They stopped a bit, motion accumulated from the foot as their hips and torso generate it's power at the same time then-

A collision occurred.

*BOOOOMMM* A shockwave so strong as blue trees suddenly lose it's leaves, which leaves Leafa and Leight to be affected by the shockwave a bit.

"Urgghhhh.....!!!! That boy is truly lucky today, imagine if he went alone....?" The blonde handsome man said, Klover might've died if he went alone, as Klover was the type of person who'll get left out and do everything on his own.

"Ye~ah, I thi~nk we should add him to o~ur par~ty...!" The smiling airhead said, they don't know if the boy will die again. It's kinda impressive that they got attached to him quickly.

But in Klover's mind, they only wanted to invite him because they pity him even though that is not true. Now in a life or death situation they can't leave him alone.

"Leafa, prepare your bow and shoot their horns...!" The only way to stop their rampage is to break their horns. Mana can only be accumulated to beasts with horns, thus making them a very huge weakness in exchange with greater power.

In the midst of chaos Klover was standing behind them.

For the first time in his fantasy world.

He truly felt useless....

I'll probably make a side story next chapter.

3